Code of Conduct

Default Bond No. 9 Chinatown...any fans?

Well, when my mom and I were at Saks in Indianapolis today, I wanted to introduce her to some niche scents, so we ran across the Bond No. 9 counter. There, the salesperson asked if she tried Chinatown (which she hadn't), so Mom gave it a spritz and fell in love with it. Not surprisingly, I gave it my thumbs up, too.

In my opinion, this is one of the greatest women's scents I've ever smelled...just jaw-droppingly beautiful. Not surprisingly, she asked me if she could have a bottle for her wedding anniversary that's coming up.

Any other fans of this wonderful floral oriental?
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Default Re: Bond No. 9 Chinatown...any fans?

Yes! I'm not a Bond#9 fan, and had been disappointed with numerous flat 2-D decants, and then WHAM. I love everything about Chinatown, including the way pretty bottle. From samples, I now have a decant and am trolling Ebay for a full bottle. There's one on there now I'm bidding on, it's in mint condition,NIB, at $80.00 so far. Let me know if you go for it so I won't bid against you! I'll be perfectly happy with my decant, and happy to wait until another bottle comes along. Used without a box would suit me as well.

Such a good son!
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Can I adopt you?

This is one of my favorite scents which sort of amazes me because I usually do not like tuberose. You really need to take a gander at the special edition bottle if the salesperson at Saks didn't already show it to you. http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/b...6/1230902.html Personally, I'd rather have another regular bottle than pay twice as much for the crystalized one, but it really is pretty.
    You can buy any of the Bond scents directly from Bond in NY by calling 877-273-3369. If you mention you are a member of makeupalley to Bond, you will receive a 15% discount and free shipping.
    The box will contain a postcard. If your mom fills it out and returns it to Bond, they will send her 1/2 oz samples of new fragrances as they are released.
    "Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime." - Ernest Hemingway