Code of Conduct

Default New Year's Eve - 2007! What do you wear?

New Year's Eve is fast approaching, what do you wear to ring in the New Year?

Last year I wore Deep Night by Ghost. I attended a Gala with 007 theme, and I thought Deep Night fit the evening and the setting perrrrfectly .

What did you wear last New Year's Eve?

And what will you wear for this one?

What are your choices, if you've not made up your mind yet? Guess I'm just being nosy .
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Default Re: New Year's Eve - 2007! What do you wear?

Last year I was in bed asleep before midnight, resting up for an early morning start on a road trip down to Florida. We thought New Year's morning would be a great time to start our trip. I don't think I was wearing any perfume.

This year, I'm really not sure yet. I'm a bit of a party pooper on New Year's Eve, most of the time I just like to stay home. But I think that New Year's Eve is a perfect occasion for Yvresse.

Hope you get some more exciting answers than mine.

Won't decide until the day is at hand.

Last year I wore Shalimar.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I haven't been out on New Year's Eve for years. The last time I went out (to an Outback Steakhouse three years ago) I wore Secrete Datura, a completely random choice that had nothing to do with fostering any party spirit.

However, when I was a teenager, all the kids congregated at a neighbor's, drinking beer and listening to British rock. I always wore Chantilly and faded Levis and ignored my mother's attempts to make me wear a ski mask when I crossed the yard.

This year I'll wear a scent for breaking new ground, something with a dirt note. Haven't decided what yet, or if I need to purchase something new.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

I'll probably fall asleep early wearing Nuits de Noho since I crave it every night before bedtime.

We're planning to attend a winetasting in February, and I normally wouldn't wear a fragrance to a tasting, but this is a fundraiser for the Milwaukee County Zoo and includes "face time" in the primate house, so smells don't meet the usual criteria. Monkeys and Merlot? I'm thinking it will be Dzing! for this party animal.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

What a cool thread, Goddess Dreams! Now you mention it I remember distinctly that I was wearing Samsara last New Year's Eve....mmmm.
    I don't know what I will wear this year, depends what Father Christmas brings me.

This will be the 5th year of staying home hmmph! I will wear the stench of lost youth.
    On second thought, I'll find out which perfume he likes least & I'll load up on it...5th year in the house, what am I? A plant? Take me out damnit!

Smile Re: New Year's Eve - 2007! What do you wear?

Tinker, you never fail to make me laugh. As far as what to wear, I change my mind so much that I would have no idea at all. I may change my mind hourly, not always a good thing unless I'm alone. But usually people are drinking on new years eve and can't smell you anyway. I'll probably stay home also, but when I did go out, I usually wore Eau De Champagne.

I wore Fumerie Turque last year (I looked it up ). I never think ahead that far, so no clue what it will be this year.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I will probably ring in the new year in Tabac Blond, applying enough to revel in the boozy notes, unless I'm stuck home, in which case hourly daubs of Nahema parfum with the ground glass stopper become practical.

I have no idea what I was wearing last New Year´s Eve (to be honest I only remember the terrible hangover when I woke up, fully dressed, shoes on, in my bed, staring at a glass of whiskey with two Marlboros fleeting at the top ), but I would be surprised if I hadn´t been wearing Fracas, and I will be equally surprised if I won´t go for Fracas this year, too.

How do you remember what fragrance you were wearing one year later? That's pretty impressive.

Do you remember other events of your lives and the frag. you were wearing at that time?

Quote Originally Posted by musse
    I have no idea what I was wearing last New Year´s Eve (to be honest I only remember the terrible hangover when I woke up, fully dressed, shoes on, in my bed, staring at a glass of whiskey with two Marlboros fleeting at the top ), but I would be surprised if I hadn´t been wearing Fracas, and I will be equally surprised if I won´t go for Fracas this year, too.

Quote Originally Posted by cherub
    How do you remember what fragrance you were wearing one year later? That's pretty impressive.

Do you remember other events of your lives and the frag. you were wearing at that time?
    I do...I can think back on my life since I started wearing perfume and I can pretty much tell you what I was wearing at every stage since my late teens. Up until recently I pretty much stayed with one frag at a time, so that makes it fairly easy.
    ~*Christy*~

I want to thank you all for sharing with me your very special fragrances...

Quote Originally Posted by cherub

For me a scent is an easy way to remember events and seasons of life; to smell it again brings about instant recall of happenings I would have otherwise forgotten.
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Oh you cruel faith! This year I'll be working all night from dec31 to jan01. It stinks! Since I'll be celebrating the new year at work I'll probably wear something quiet with minimal sillage. I don't want to cause asphyxia to my patients I truly envy the rest of you who will be partying all night, doused in lovely fragrances.

BF and I are considering renting a hot tub and having a 'jacuzzi under the stars' New Year's bash, so wearing a scent might be rather pointless since I'd be constantly washing it off. Or it would be a good night to go sample mad and try everything. Except I probably won't remember anything about them because I'll likely be quite hammered. Champagne and hot tub water and liberal amounts of stale tobacco hair perfume (I do live in Montreal, after all) will likely be my scent.

Last year I wore L´Instant de Guerlain at New Years Eve.

I guess I will wear Insolence by Guerlain at that eve this year...
    Last edited by Margareta; 10th December 2006 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristyR
    I do...I can think back on my life since I started wearing perfume and I can pretty much tell you what I was wearing at every stage since my late teens. Up until recently I pretty much stayed with one frag at a time, so that makes it fairly easy.
    Quoted for truth. I wore Angel almost exclusively until I decided to branch out. Last New Year's I was probably wearing one of the following: Angel, Narciso Rodriguez, or Prada.

This year I will be on call (Fire/EMS). That means no drinking, because really -- nobody wants a drunk medic working on them. I will probably wear my new love, MKK, layered underneath another newfound favorite fragrance such as A La Nuit, Borneo 1834, or Gris Clair.

Well, I can recall specific times in my life by fragrances too, but not what I wore last New Years Eve.

We didn't go out last year, so maybe that's why....hmmm.