Code of Conduct
    Thrax

Default Ladies Ladies I need your help

I want to impress my girl. I need a scent. Not niche cause I aint got the money for that. But a scent that will sweep her off her feet. Now to give you an idea of what she likes you have to think of Mesmerize by avon, acqua di gio, Pi by givenchy. Im looking for something real vanilla-ish. Can you ladies help me out. Thank you very much.

Default Re: Ladies Ladies I need your help

Actually, if you don't sweep her off her feet on your own, your scent isn't going to do it for you. That said, I'll admit there are some scents that make me burrow into my guy's neck and want to stay there..... (I had a college friend I'd kiss on the cheek every time I met him because he wore Cacharel for Men.... still one of my favourite fumes)

Guerlain's Habit Rouge would be my suggestion for a really, really gorgeous scent with vanilla. It's basically Shalimar for men: classic, timeless, very sexy, self-assured, and you won't be smelling like everybody and their cousin. One of the best scents around!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I've just fallen in love with a fragrance I bought (intending to wear it myself, even though it's a man's fragrance). I put some on my husband to see how it was on him and it was fantastic. I was really amazed by how good it smelled on him (on me it was nice, but on him, wowsers).

Anyway, it's got a strong, lingering vanilla base, so maybe it'll fit the bill? Caron Pour un Homme (also sold as Caron Pour Homme). Citrus/Lavender top notes, then settles into slightly woodier and very slightly herbal middle notes, and then eases into a very pleasant vanilla that isn't too very sweet.

You might like to try it and see.

bonni
    "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
    -Karl, age 5

Post Thanks / Like

You are looking for Boucheron Jaipur Homme.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Oh, yessss! Caron pour Homme, how could I forget that one?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Try:

TBS Javari for men - The body shop spicier, deeper twin of Le Male. Cleanfreshvanilla lasts all day.

Guerlain Heritage - Elegant grown-up spiced vanilla subtle but moreish

Tiffany for men - Heritage amped - real spicy

Diesel Zero Plus (M) - Cinnamon vanilla. Vanilla is gourmand but woody - not too sweet. Cheap in drugstores (at least in UK)

HTH
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Two: Eternity For Men & Marc Jacobs For Men
    They never fail to entice me.

Hi there,
    You say she likes Givenchy Pi and ohhh so do I Caramelly goodness

If she likes you she'll like you for you... but a great scent can never hurt - I agree

So then I can suggest Rochas Man

Top note : *Lavender, Green Leaves, Bergamot, Artemisia *
    Middle note : *Jasmine, Lily of the valley, Orris, Milk *
    Base note : *Vanilla, Coffee, Amber, Sandal *

... along the same lines of vanilla chocolate sweetness to my nose...

as well as Armani Emporio Night He... Notes are:

"bergamot, tangerine, Cayenne pepper, Absolute of Violet Leaves, white pepper, amber, and patchouli. Other notes include: Grapefruit, Clary Sage, Cardamom, Myrrh, Benzoin, and Cedarwood."

Love love love it.... I also really love Dunhil

"aromatic, woody, amber. Notes include Lemon, Geranium, Orris, White Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Tonka Bean, Moss, Musk."

Top notes: lemon, géranium
    Middle notes: white cedar, iris
    Bases note: musk, foam of oak, sandal, broad bean tonka

and Dunhil Desire...

Top note : *Apple, Neroli, Bergamot, Green Lemon *
    Middle note : *Rose, Patchouli, Teak wood *
    Base note : *Vanilla, Musk, Labdanum *
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Post Thanks / Like

I double Emporio Armani Night Lui, it smells great.

I also like Allure pour Homme Chanel, but it's more expensive.
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Please try Bulgari Black ~ it can be purchased relatively inexpensively on e-bay. It is my favorite mens fragrance and my 18 year old daughter LOVES it on her boyfriend! If you need another option, try Dunhil or Dolce & Gabbana por homme. These are very smooth scents...good luck with your girl!

Well I bought my man Kouros by YSL because I love it - its really strong and sexy for when we go out on the town! But the other day he was smelling of something new and vanilli-ish and I found it really enticing. I couldn't stay away from him and just kept coming back to sniff it again. So eventually I asked him what he was wearing and it was el-cheapo Insignia Zero. Hard to believe it but YUM this stuff is wonderful!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to get way out on a limb here and say I think y'all(except for one woman ) have misunderstood Thrax's question. To me, he's asking for a scent for "her" not for him ...................... And then again, maybe I misunderstood y'all's replies................

Please, don't flay me alive if I'm wrong .

Dan
    Last edited by Lightninrod; 7th December 2006 at 11:05 PM.
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Smile Re: Ladies Ladies I need your help

What's wrong with Pi. I have heard so many women rave about it. Maybe I don't understand the question, but why not Pi? Anyway, Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Lightninrod
    I'm going to get way out on a limb here and say I think y'all(except for one woman ) have misunderstood Thrax's question. To me, he's asking for a scent for "her" not for him ...................... Ant then again, maybe I misunderstood y'all's replies................

Please, don't flay me alive if I'm wrong .

Dan
    LOL. I also thought he was asking for a scent for 'her' when I first read it, but then reading through the other answers I thought I must have it wrong! Here's hoping Thrax gets back soon and tells us what he really meant.

Thrax

Wow, this thread is definatley back from the dead. Sad to report that since I started this thread the girl I was with basicly threw everything back in my face and it no longer matters what she likes. I guess that goes to show that no matter how much you give and do for some people, they just dont appreciate it. But to answer the question, I was looking for something for me to wear that she would like. I had already bought her all the perfumes that she wanted

Post Thanks / Like

What do you 'kids' say: "My bad!"

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Unhappy Re: Ladies Ladies I need your help

Gosh, I'm sorry to here that Thrax. This just recently happened to a friend of mine.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a bummer Thrax. And a waste of cash you coulda' spent on your own scents. I already don't like her, just for you. But I bet you had fun picking scents for her, so I hope it's not all bad memories.
    Chin up, buddy! There'll be plenty of ladies who want you to wow them with your studly smell.

Oops! Just realized how old this thread is. I'm sure you are all over it now.
    Last edited by pellen; 10th December 2006 at 12:39 AM.

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by pellen
    That's a bummer Thrax. And a waste of cash you coulda' spent on your own scents. I already don't like her, just for you. But I bet you had fun picking scents for her, so I hope it's not all bad memories.
    Chin up, buddy! There'll be plenty of ladies who want you to wow them with your studly smell.

Oops! Just realized how old this thread is. I'm sure you are all over it now.
    Actually its one of those things that kinda hasnt went away yet. I'm sure you guys and gals know what I mean...