Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Have you found "the one" yet?

How many of you out there think you have found "the one?"
    You know - the scent you have spent your days searching for.
    I am still in the promiscuous stage with perfume, but am hoping
    to settle down with one at some stage soon. Any thoughts? :-?
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Default Re: Have you found "the one" yet?

actually, I've found 3 ;D
    Happily settled down with a harem of beauties.... though I can't help but let my senses wander from time to time 8-)
    Don't worry too much- people find love when they least expect it. I'm fortunate enough to have my childhood sweetheart as well as two happy serendipitous meetings with the other loves of my life.

Post Thanks / Like

Almost every time I buy a new fragrance, I think I`ve found "the one" 8-)

No, I`m truly convinced I`ll never ever find it

(-but there are sooo many I enjoy while I`m on the look for perfection)

[smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=happy.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by elysium
    actually, I've found 3 ;D
    Happily settled down with a harem of beauties.... though I can't help but let my senses wander from time to time * 8-)
    Don't worry too much- people find love when they least expect it. *I'm fortunate enough to have my childhood sweetheart as well as two happy serendipitous meetings with the other loves of my life.

the suspense, elysium, the suspense! *so what are your three loves, you scent polygamist?

Post Thanks / Like

I have found "the one." I have many others that are just amazing and are in my regular rotation but the one i would choose if my life depended on it is Nicole Miller for Men. I have not come across anything quite like it and it seems to "fit" me.

However, it is not a great summer scent. It is a tad too rich and sweet for warmer days. If i had to choose an all-year "good for every occasion" scent, I would go with Dune. It's woody, airy, a little green, and not too sweet. IMO, you could not apply too much.

I have also found "the one". There is a scent witch I could live with only having that one. It was really love at first sniff! Fot three years now it has been L´Instant de Guerlain for me. But sometimes I find it a little too extreme to wear, so I want to have others, too.

The other of my fragances I perhaps will not get again, after finnishing them, but L´Instant I guess I always will have.

I also want difference between party and every-day, between winter, spring, summer and fall, and between being happy and a little sad.

If I only had L´Instant, I guess I wouldn´t wear it every day. But that´s the one I can´t live without.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

I found "the one" a long, long time ago; sure, I wander away from it now and again (in fact, I'm doing so right now), but I'll always have it on the menu. "Obsession" for me. It just works.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

Yes I have...so why do I continue to sample and search? Because every month they come out with something new and I read a rave about it and think 'oooh, maybe it's better than THE ONE'. Sadly, I end up disappointed and a little more broke from buying a gosh darn decant. I should just stop, I know it...admitting the problem is the first step, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Am enjoying reading your replies on my day off!
    I have two possibles at the moment - Loukhoum (Keiko Mecheri)
    and Feminite du Bois (Shiseido/SL). Very different from each other!!
    Maybe I'll outgrow them - they are both quite new to me. Can't imagine
    wearing either in my old age. :
    The favourite from my youth was Rive Gauche.

BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've lost faith in there being an ultimate one out there. But the game of Scent Quest is almost more pleasurable than reaching the goal.
    Monarch butterflies require milkweed to prevent extinction

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Each time I think I've found it, I stumble on to something else. That is part of the fascination for me right now. I used to hate the assault of spraying sales clerks, and I still don't think the paper samples in magazines are good for anything but a guaranteed migraine. However, if I tried to imagine only one frag for the rest of my life.. how scary is that? If a favorite food were the only choice, life would slow to a crawl..YIKES. I'm freakin' out! Back to reality.

I'm tripping on DK Wenge right now. I never knew it could be like this!
    But seriously, if anyone tries to take my EL White Linen or my Rive Gauche, there could be trouble.
    Also, I'm begining to realize how much I like jasmine, Jasmal is my latest love there.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Unfortunately, no. I tend to have few fragrances at one time, but I'm working my way through quite a variety of houses. Anyway, I have found some good ones that are in contention for "the one" honors.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I hope that even if I'll ever find the ONE, I won't realize it. Otherwise I should stay forever, don't you think? like,...a marriage? no way, the world is so full of possibilities, I don't want my quest to end!
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That's a great attitude.I'll try that, too.

Post Thanks / Like

When I first started getting into fragrances I thought I was looking for The One. Now I settle for The Few and I'm constantly on the sniff-out for A Few More. My Few don't have a lot in common:

Jo Malone Orange Blossom
    Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum
    Blu Notte
    Stella
    Chanel Bois des Iles
    Shalimar
    Keiko Mecheri Peau de Peche
    Eau des Merveilles
    La Maison de la Vanille Noire du Mexique
    Serge Lutens Fleurs d'Oranger
    People of the Labyrinths Luctor et Emergo
    Vivienne Westwood Boudoir

I wish I could find something similar to Boudoir. Any ideas?

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Well...I have found one that is definitely in the running.

It's Une Rose.
    Notes: Geranium Essence, Blue Camomile Essence, Wine Dregs Essence, Turkish Rose Absolute DM (Mane) Truffle accord: Patchouli Accord, Vetiver, Castoreum Absolute
    "Mom….now the kitten smells like Chamade!"

I think I`ve found the ONE. I guess something could show up later, but now it`s this "I won`t tell you `cause I would like it to be my intimate secret and so on..."

What a great and difficult question... I don't think there could ever be a "one" for me, I'm a gemini and very changeable. But, as someone else mentioned, there are "the Few"...!
    Versace Crystal Noir; Moschino Couture!; Hanae Mori Butterfly... guess I am kind of a floral oriental soft floral girl... but wait, there is also Jil Sander Sport; Incanto Dream; and Moschino I Love Love... which seem like much brighter fragrances... I think it really does depend on your mood and since everyone's personality can be complex and have the unexpected, so too might your fragrance collection...

The search for "The One" for me has become more of an easy explanation for people who do not understand my fascination with personal fragrance.

For me it's all about the journey.
    I don't think I'll ever stop!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your replies. Sounds like you are all having
    fun trying to find the perfect scent.

I went back to the one perfume that I was wearing before I came to these perfume websites in search of something better! ;D

Of course now I have many wonderful fragrances....but my fave is still OPIUM! :-*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lucyhanako
    What a great and difficult question... I don't think there could ever be a "one" for me, I'm a gemini and very changeable. But, as someone else mentioned, there are "the Few"...!
    Versace Crystal Noir; Moschino Couture!; Hanae Mori Butterfly... guess I am kind of a floral oriental soft floral girl... but wait, there is also Jil Sander Sport; Incanto Dream; and Moschino I Love Love... which seem like much brighter fragrances... I think it really does depend on *your mood and since everyone's personality *can be complex and have the unexpected, so too might your fragrance collection... *
    Oh my, I'm gemini,too, andI also have the Moschinos on my list, and I considered getting JS Sport, and now I'm on a quest to find HM Butterfly! Isn't that scary?

I wonder how much is there to that horoscope scents propositions stuff???/// :-?
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi the two above Geminis, I am a Gem too and like all the frags you have mentioned. Funny, isn´t it?

I'm still having fun trying new things. But I have a few that I wouldn't want to be without too.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1:126194164/Greece%2c+Turkey%2c+Hong+Kong%2c+Saudi+Arabia%2c+t he+Gulf%2c+Eastern+Europe+and+Asia%7eC%7e+the+male +version+of+Gattorinis+Neo+fragrance+comes+in+a+bl ack+flacon%2c+symbolising+virility%7eR%7e(Mens+Pro ducts)(Brief+Article).html?refid=SEO

[SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

You know, I THOUGHT I did.

It was fruity. It was fun, intense and sexy.

It was Rockin' Rio by Escada...

...until one night when I was on a night out I realised it smelt just like a J2O Mango and Apple drink.

I was mortified.

..it's not funny.. :-[

Post Thanks / Like

yes it is. ;D
    Please, spritz responsibly.

...to top it all off, at the bar this American transfer student said I smelt like tropical cool aid then proceeded to lick me to see if I tasted like it too.

(What exactly IS cool aid?) :-?

No, I'm polyamorous. There will never be "the one" for me. However, someday I'm going to clear out all the casual flings and be left with only big romances.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ibiza Hippie
    ...to top it all off, at the bar this American transfer student said I smelt like tropical cool aid then proceeded to lick me to see if I tasted like it too.

(What exactly IS cool aid?) :-?

What did he think after you kicked him in the plums?

Please, spritz responsibly.

I can't quite remember now, everyone was so drunk. ;D

Hehe, I didn't bother with him then because afterwards he started licking some of my guy friends.

THEY dealt with him.

Well I've just found out what this Kool-aid is and ordered some from tropical punch mixes off ebay. If it really does smell like Rockin Rio maybe I should spray myself with that stuff instead.. :P

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I don't think I could ever be utterly faithful to just one, but I have an absolute favorite, yes. One that I can wear any time, for any occasion, and feel comfortable and happy wearing it. One that makes me feel pampered and all that good stuff (it's Tresor, in case you're wondering).

But Tresor and I have an understanding. It can see other people, and I can see other fragrances.

Really, the quote in my .sig says it all...

bonni
    "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
    -Karl, age 5