Code of Conduct

Default which notes make a scent "sexy"

what notes do you think have the most sex appeal? this can be personally for you or just generally. thanks

Default Re: which notes make a scent "sexy"

Well, this is easy!

Honey, currants, candied rose, gingerbread, vanilla, Balkan tobacco, leather, rum, pathchouli

[smiley=happy.gif]Its Fumerie Turque by Serge Lutens !!!! [smiley=happy.gif]
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Oh no, here we go again.....

Basenotes do, as based on top and heart notes. ;D

Beer notes do too for some. ;D

On me: jasmine, musk, sandalwood

On my husband: lavender, cedar, vetiver

On other people: depends on the person.

But I really find that it's more about the combination of notes that makes something sexy. For example, there's a stage of j'adore that I find damn near intoxicating (and a bit arousing) when I wear it, and I'm sure it's the combination of the notes and my own skin chemistry that creates that exquisite scent. On someone else, it might be very ordinary or not very nice at all.

And normally, I like musk, but I don't really like it much on my husband's skin. Something about his chemistry just makes most musks smell.... well... musky, and not in a good way.

It's all about the chemistry for me.

bonni
    "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
    -Karl, age 5

I think striking contrasts in a scent create sexyness. *A well designed play between high pitch (herbs, citrus, spice, bright floral notes) and deeper accords (animal, woody, leathery, smoky), for instance. I guess that covers up lots of scents.

But just any nice scent can turn sexy by interaction with the natural skin scent.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Patchouli
    Patchouli
    Patchouli
    Patchouli
    Patchouli
    Patchouli
    Patchouli
    Patchouli

But most especially the blend in the Earth bar soap my husband uses from asoapgarden.com:
    Lavender, cedarwood, patchouli and sweet almond oil.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Yours.

It's really never about masking one's personal scent, it's about enhancing it with one note or another.

I think so, anyway.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat
    Well, this is easy! *

Honey, currants, candied rose, gingerbread, vanilla, Balkan tobacco, leather, rum, pathchouli

*[smiley=happy.gif]Its Fumerie Turque by Serge Lutens !!!! [smiley=happy.gif]
    Ya know I can be so titillating, babe...

Patchouli, ylang-ylang, patchouli, vanilla, patchouli, amber, patchouli, musk, patchouli,sandalwood,patchouli.

Did I mention patchouli ???? *waving to quarry* [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by FroFro

It's really never about masking one's personal scent, it's about enhancing it with one note or another.

I think so, anyway.
    I agree with you FroFro. For me wearing sweet and subtle skin notes, such as labdanum, amber, ambergris, musk, ambrette, vanilla, orris, cedar and costus as a base create a most sensual effect - the heart can spicy or floral or even green and citrusy, but this kind of base underneath smells really sexy...
    I like earthy-musky and fresh-lemony (lemon verbena and lemongrass) scents on my SO. I love it when he wears patchouli, vetiver, oakmoss, sandalwood, hay, juniper and citrusy-lemony especially when combined all together.
    Fougere and leather scents are really sexy too on a man!
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

i really like sandalwood and amber and patchouli...and can i say civet (like Tabu)? love it! sexy!
    i never really fell for gourmands.... they smell rotten after a while on human skin ...sorry!
    i also think that personal people's smell is sexy depending on the person of course...i can easily detect that personal smell on almost everyone i have met, some people have surprinsigly similar smells as well.
    tobacco and chocolate are very very sexy to me. :P

I agree that it depends on how it well it combines with a person's chemistry.
    I get usually positive remarks on wearing musky scents myself, but often find it too sterile/clean, not sexy sexy, on other people.
    On Audrey's friend I like bergamotte, pepper and woods. It's so manly!
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

I would say that clean, musk scents have a kind of allure that is sexy to me- when I'm thinking of men's fragrances. It also seems that some of the "fleshy" flowers such as tuberose, lily and jasmine elicit sexy responses.

I know for a fact that men find vanilla based fragrances sexy.

The only patchouli I really adore is Etro's Patchoully- is it sexy though? Not really to me. I do love Fumerie Turque but I think of it as more exotic than sexy.

I feel the two most obvious, blatantly sexiest fragrances I own are Boucheron's Trouble and JPG's Classique in EdP- I believe they are both based off of vanilla.
    Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment.
    - Lao Tzu