Code of Conduct

Default DSH duplicate scents-- any thoughts? r/o

I've really enjoyed many of Dawn's scents in the past and was hoping to take advantage of her current sale? Does anyone have any favorites among her duplicates? Thanks!

Ladylonestar

Default Re: DSH duplicate scents-- any thoughts? r/o

Arvi, I ordered some designer sampler packs in late 2004. The only one I've tested (or recall testing) is Cadolle No. 9 type, and it's a beauty. Without comparing right now to assess the differences, I'll just say that it's a little different from the Le No. 9 Cadolle I have but not at all in a bad way. The DSH duplicate may be more like the Le No. 9 Cadolle parfum or edp (whichever strength it comes in) but I only have it in edt. So it could be spot-on to the parfum or edp.

I'm glad you posted this thread -- it's a wakeup call for me to get those DSH sampler packs out and get busy sniffing! Here's what I have:

Designer Duplicate: Vintage Sampler Pack:
    Ambre Antique type, Aphrodisia type, Bat Sheba type, Cadolle No. 9 type, Christian Aujard type, Chypre type, Dans la Nuit type, Diorella type, Norrell type, Royal Secret type

Designer Duplicate: Women's Sampler Pack:
    Cherub: our Angel type, Enfant: based on a trendy scent out of LA..., Gigi: our LouLou type, Gigue: our Gio type, Hampton Flowers: our Antonia's Flowers type, L'eau De Gigue: A version of Acqua di Gio type, Lilyssimo: our Diorissimo type, Milanese: our Armani type, New Dew: our Youth Dew type, Richesse Madame: our Parfum d'Hermes type

Designer Duplicate: Men's Sampler Pack:
    Adonis: our Antaeus type, Cubano: our Havana type, Italian Riviera: our Acqua di Gio type, Jeune Homme: our Chanel Pour Monsieur type, Kronos: our Kouros type, New Orleans: our Jazz type, Orientalist: our Opium for Men type, Selfish: our Egoiste type, Uomo Elegante: our Armani type, Wildman: our Eau Sauvage type

Ladylonestar

I just remembered -- someone had sent me a sample of the DSH version of Nuit de Noel and in shipping it had leaked out into the box. OMG, it was nothing short of heaven. Okay. That's the full extent of my knowledge of her duplicate scents. Pretty pathetic, huh? :-[

I have her version of Cuir de Russie and love it,very smokey leather. Have tried Jicky which seemed to have more lavender than the real one,Cadolle No9 was not a good copy. Nuit de Noel was really nice but not a dead ringer.
    DONNA

I have a few DSH scents which I like very much, but I had no success at all with her designer dupes. None of them smelled very close to the scent they imitated, to my nose.

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by donna255
    ... Cadolle No9 was not a good copy. Nuit de Noel was really nice but not a dead ringer.
    Good to hear from the lady who introduced me to Le No. 9 Cadolle. Thanks, Donna.

Thanks so much everyone for your helpful responses!