Code of Conduct
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default what do you think of BPAL / goth rosary etc

Im really surprised and a bit upset about the cult following these gothy niche houses are getting. Out of curiousity I bought some sample "imps" of BPAL and the stuff is all pretty much shower gel and body mist on steroids. this is not perfume at all (I sampled 14, maybe a bad 14 but im gonna trust my instincts that the rest are similar). But if you go around some other forums people are almost religious fanatics when it comes to this stuff. I've seen 5ml bottles of "discontinued BPAL" going for up to 80 dollars on ebay. has anyone else had a chance to test this stuff? what do you think of it? I think its all just people preying on the unaware. unfortunate really. I kinda see a new trend growing like this with the multitude of new perfume house startups.

the website seems like a bunch of propaganda too www.blackpheonixalchemylabs.com

Default Re: what do you think of BPAL / goth rosary etc

Tested The Goth Rosary mouilettes. I am definitely not a goth (but I played the part of a goth cheerleader for Halloween).

Quite pleasant, very different from anything in my limited experience (vetivers, Guerlains, et al.), ancillary products - washes, lotion, hair conditioner, candles. Have yet to order; liked the Graveyard, Crypt, Mayhem and Gothic Rose.*http://www.gothrosary.com/fragrances.cfm

The link you provided directed me to a 'related websites' page for interracial dating. I think the correct address is *http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/welcome.html *The website looked kind of Harry Potter / Edwin Gorey to me - which would fit the demographics. You say propaganda, The Men in the Grey Flannel Suits on Madison Avenue call it advertising.

You may want to check the Directory under Fragrance House for The Goth Rosary. Also found curious entries a while back - bn. 01, bn. 02 and bn. 03. Definitely worth checking.

And I believe I win a valuable prize for being the first to use today's vocabulary word !!!!!!! Please let it be a 2006 Basenotes Ferrari Enzo to match my Basenotes coffee / martini mug, barbeque apron and thong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica

And I believe I win a valuable prize for being the first to use today's vocabulary word !!!!!!! Please let it be a 2006 Basenotes Ferrari Enzo to match my Basenotes coffee / martini mug, barbeque apron and thong.

ROFLMAO!!!
    Please, spritz responsibly.

For what it's worth, my 2 cents:
    I adore many BPAL scents. Some I treat as straight-up perfumes like my alcohol-based fragrances (Dorian, Tamora, Dana O'Shee, Samhain are particular favorites of mine). Some I put on because they smell good, but also because the development of the scent is crafted to evoke (and for me, does evoke) images and sensations that are associated with literary works I particularly like (the Poe scents, in particular, do this for me) - it's kind of like the nose-equivalent of watching a short film. Some scents I add to bathwater (Morocco, Nemesis, manymany of them are lovely this way - I take a LOT of baths when I have a tub handy) or to unscented lotion (in both cases the scents develop quite differently than they do on the skin). Some I streak through my hair. I love the inspiration behind many of the scents, and find the creativity associated with them to be amazingly fun.

I think of them not as replacing my other fragrances, but as a lovely addition to my fragrance wardrobe. That said, it took me some time to appreciate the BPAL scents and become familiar enough with BPAL notes to pick samples that I really liked. Plus, it is REALLY important to wait out the development of these oils, as many of them morph dramatically over the course of an hour or two - these are not quick-dab-and-sniff-and-see-if-you-like-it-within-the-first-2-minutes oils for me - testing them takes time. On my first few BPAL-sampling occasions I didn't realize this, and got rid of many imps of scents that I now love.

Of course, we all have our own tastes, and opinions on BPAL seem to vary drastically. I happen to love many of them and am a big supporter of the whole project, but others I'm sure will chime in with different perspectives.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica

The link you provided directed me to a 'related websites' page for interracial dating. I think the correct address is http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/welcome.html
    oh my goodness im so sorry ! LOL