Code of Conduct
    Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Poll: Where do you keep most of your fragrances?

Allow us to peek into your home by answering this poll.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: Poll: Where do you keep most of your fragrance

I tried so hard to convince myself that most were in a drawer, but really just as many are on my vanity. And then some are on display on a glass shelf above the toilet. And my samples are in a basket by my computer, and most of my decants sit on a violet embellished porcelin tray in my kitchen. I tend to do my makeup in the guest bath because it has better natural light, and a few bottles have ended up there.

Scattered like free ranging cattle.

Sigh, that's not a very attractive sounding category. Can't you change it to popping up where least expected like happy wildflowers?

Or fluttering about like summer butterflies? :-*

Please, spritz responsibly.

Atop bedroom dresser on a TV-turntable (for easy access from all sides).
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

Subterranian vault.

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica

Subterranian vault.

Cool!
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica
    Subterranian vault.
    Veronica, who loves vetiver, keeps hers in a vault.
    I think this may be sign of a "V" obsession.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I wish I had more space....but I don´t so it´s the cattle I´m afraid. (I was just cursing over this as i was tidying up)

I always find the dark closet to be the best place. Dark and cool...

Several answers apply; I went with the closet as most are there. But that also includes the stashed so no one knows aspect, which is a very, very important consideration.

In my mind, I occasionally visit the scenario of my sudden death, and the discovery of the accumulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry
    [quote author=Veronica link=1141060148/0#4 date=1141072961]Subterranean vault.
    Veronica, who loves vetiver, keeps hers in a vault.
    I think this may be sign of a "V" obsession.[/quote]

Voluptuous Veronica the vixen vexes over vetiver in her vault's vestibule. *

Vituperative. Vociferous. Violent. Voodoo. Vagina? I suppose I could have constructed a longer alliterative sentence....

(And wouldn't you know it - I spelled 'subterranean' incorrectly in the previous post and I can't go back and modify it because Shycat and Quarry have immortalized that quote. Everyone will think - sure, uh huh, Veronica has a subterranean vault - she can't even spell it.)

I have a regular terranean vault which is very, very similar to a subterranean vault. Except I can look out the window. And I have a bunch of violet Oompah-Loompah guys as 'librarians'. Wearing - you guessed it - Vol de Nuit.

Thank Guerlain I didn't vote for vanity.

Well I picked the first one: in closet, drawer or dark cabinet, since that's true most of the time. But I have a habit of moving things around. I have a beautiful glass cabinet that briefly held my fragrances, until I figured out that there was too much exposure to sunlight. Right now most of my collection is in a plastic storage unit. Sometimes I keep a few heavily used fragrances on my dresser, but currently I only have one bottle out. I have also been known to stash my fragrances in cardboard boxes to hide from view. Recently, I received an armoire that my parents parted with before their move. I found that it has a nice feature...one side opens up to shelves that slide out. I haven't decided what to use it for yet, but of course it occured to me that it's perfect for storing perfume! The bottles would be kept dark, but could easily be viewed by pulling out the shelves. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea

Mine are inside a huge walk-in closet on display for myself along with my wardrobes on a glass shelf neatly arranged to my fancy.

On my dresser, arranged like a pyramid (taller ones in back, etc)

I keep my samples/decants in . . it's not quite a jewelry box. It's hard to explain.

I usually bring my SOTD into the bathroom because, I don't know why, I like the way it looks sitting on the vanity. And also when I'm getting ready to go out or whatever it is convenient to have it there to reapply

Yeah my dresser is getting pretty crowded though. But I love the idea of laying things out on a dresser or vanity. I have this fetish for vanity trays. It hasn't materialized in real life but I think about vanity trays a lot. Hmm. OK that didn't make any sense.

Keep my collection on a mirrored tray on dressing table in walk-in, taller bottles and ones in less use too the back, samples in a sterling box -- but I dont keep samples long. I buy if I like and pass on samples to peopple I think might like them. I keep small atomizers of lighter or more emphemeral scents I need to take with me to re-spray throughout a day or evening. Have a half dozen of those in a silver "basket."

Stash is tucked into a very sheltered, dark corner of my lower bookshelf with a box in front and stuff on all sides to prevent heat and any form of light getting through. Samples sit in a micro-vial rack tucked into a dark, hidden corner next to the bookshelf surrounded by stuff blockers.
    House has no aircon, and I've measured the heat in my room during this summer to reach heights of 38C. That's 100F :P

Most piled like a pyramid on my computer desk with some others not in use in closet….as for decants and vials, yes, I guess you can say they are scattered like free-ranging cattle……
    However, since my collection is continuously expanded, I am vexed about where I can place my fragrances because they will soon exceed the desk size………I wish I had a subterraneous vault as well……
    Current favorites:

Jicky, Mitsouko, Shiseido Susuro,Or et Noir

I keep my regular smellies and "to-test" samples in a mini fridge, regulated at 53-55 degrees F, 55% humidity.

I keep my collection of minis displayed on a shelf above my dresser.

My used samples are piled into a small box in the bottom drawer of my dresser along with empty flacon boxes and my stock of decanting supplies.

~mAd

Mine are in a huge dresser in a cool, dark room in a guest bedroom.
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West