Code of Conduct

Default Any comments on Fifi Chachnil?  (the fragranc

I'm curious about it because the notes sound really lovely, but the bottle scares me. If it smells like its bottle looks, it's not something I'd wear. But bottles can be deceiving... I have a sample on its way but I'd love to hear reactions and experiences in the meantime. Thx!

Ladylonestar

Default Re: Any comments on Fifi Chachnil? *(the fragranc

In researching Fifi Chachnil last year, I came across an article on Sara Thorn. And in this article, she quoted Fifi Chachnil: "Nothing horrifies me more than minimalism." And there is definitely nothing minimalist about Fifi Chachnil the fragrance. It's deep and rich and sexy oh my! I also made a note of something else I read while researching it: "the g-string of perfumes". While smelling not exactly like either, it nevertheless reminds me of a combination of Anne Pliska and Shalimar. I've also read that some think it's similar to Roma. I haven't smelled Roma in quite awhile, so I'm not sure about that. I have a large decant and plan on purchasing a bottle very soon.

Be sure to let us know what you think of it after your sample arrives.

I'm so excited now! *I LOVE Shalimar, Anne Pliska and Roma. *I knew those notes sounded good. *The bottle looks to me like it could contain a really, really powerful floral (nothing against powerful florals, they just give me headaches often) but you make it sound like it must be a sexy oriental (orientals never give me headaches). *I'll let you know what I think, but I have a feeling I'm going to love it!

Ladylonestar

Tovah, I dabbed on some Fifi Chachnil the other evening and I realized that it also has something in common with Must de Cartier edt, too. Again, while I can't address Roma at the moment, Fifi Chachnil combines the best of the best, I think -- Anne Pliska, Shalimar, Must de Cartier. I might add Shalimar Light and Misuki, too. And yet like those mentioned, it's unique enough, with just that little difference, that little special something, to warrant owning a bottle of it. JMHO.

I have a little decant and really like it. I've never purchased a bottle however. :

Does anyone know if this perfume's stocked in the Uk? It sounds so divine, and might warrant a blind purchase if I can't try a sample first. So many mistakes are made that way, though. I e-mailed the company in my pidgeon French, but they never e-mailed back.

Default Re: Any comments on Fifi Chachnil?  (the fragranc

I would like to try this as the notes of tobacco and rose make this a possibly gender-neutral scent, packaging aside.

Rose is something I enjoy (I adore the original Juliette Has A Gun scents) and I also adore tobacco.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.