Code of Conduct

Default L'Air du Temps by Nina Ricci (1948)???

I did a Search and found no topics on this perfume in the past 3 months and found no threads on it.

I just placed a blind(for both me and her) order for the 0.25 oz Crystal Lalique Parfum Dove Flacon product for my wife's birthday in March. Any users, comments, etc. on this 'old' fragrance?

Dan
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."

Daily Wardrobe

Ladylonestar

Default Re: L'Air du Temps by Nina Ricci (1948)???

Here's the most recent thread, right here on the front page:

http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...num=1139670194

I think there are more, or at least one more recently.

Thank you Lls. Somehow, I missed it. Sound's like it may be a 'winner' ;D. Hope so .

Dan
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."

Daily Wardrobe

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightninrod
    Sound's like it may be a 'winner'
    Well, as you can see, some of us think so. It certainly has 'stood' the test of time.

Ohhhhhh, I think your wife will love it, Dan. If not, I'll be elbowing my way in for a swap. This is one of Mr. Fufu's favorites. I bought it on a cruise ship during our honeymoon because it smelled so feminine and elegant, perfect for the formal dinner. Ah, the memories, too...
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

I, too, think your wife will love this gift, Dan. L'Air du Temps is a classic fragrance--and one of my favorites! In addition to housing a beautiful fragrance, the bottles containing the perfume strength of this scent (I have one of the 1/4 oz. bottles from the 70's) are, I think, lovely works of art.

This is a wonderful Forum . Thank you so much for replying and giving your comments.

Sue Ellen: That's one of the reasons I got the 1/4 EDP; the bottle and cap.

Fufu: Ah, memories................ My DW and I spent our first year and a half of marriage living in Key West, Florida. She wore Chanel #5 back then.............and very little else . I'll keep your offer in mind in case I find it unused .

Dan

Daily Wardrobe

Please do keep us updated and let us know how she likes it when it arrives!

Lightningrod,
    l'Air du Temps is such a classic, it is one of those scents that even though I never owned and only tried it a few times, if I would ever be given it as a gift - especially in the parfum - I would sure embrace it full heartedly.
    Who could ever reject a Lalique bottle in the first place - not to mention one that portrays two doves kissing?

But looks put aside (even as incredible as in this timeless bottle if you can manage doing so), l'Air du Temps is a beautiful, harmonious and lovely floral bouquet. If your wife liked No. 5 she is very likely to like this one, although it is much less aldehydic. However, if she does not like carnations, that would be a totally different story...

It's a delicate floral bouquet, old fashioned in a good way. Besides carnations, there are light and sweet opening notes of peach, bergamot, rosewood and neroli; a heart of carnation, rose, orange blossom, jasmine, gardenia, orris, and ylang ylang; and the base is of ambergris, musk, vetiver, benzoin, cedarwood and sandalwood.
    Verry soft, feminine and alluring.

Hope you both enjoy it very much!

Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

Y'all are just wonderful :-* !

THE day is the 25th so it will be a while before I can update those interested.

Btw, she has said several times: "You have too many colognes and I have enough. No more cologne!" I don't always do what she says ;D and so far, it's worked for 41+ years but after this one, I may be "out on the street".

Dan

Daily Wardrobe