Code of Conduct

Default Recs for a Sweet Soft almost child-like fragrance

I'm missing Burts Bees Apricot solid perfume. I begged them to make it into a spray version but instead, they discontinued it. Any suggestions for something similar or in the same line of scent? Think, young...girly....innocent...sweet....
    Doesn't have to be apricot. TIA

Default Re: Recs for a Sweet Soft almost child-like fragra

Forgot to add, no vanilla please and floral is ok.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

I like this question and hope you get a lot of answers.

My first thought is: Jo Malone Orange Blossom, lightly applied, is darling, sweet, not too complex.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Ahhh.... I, too, loved that Burt's Bees apricot. Hard to find an apricot without vanilla.

For fresh, scents that do not detract from you and create an aura of pleasant sweetness -- not a cloud of intoxicating femme fatale perfume -- a few sweet, light & innocent fragrances spring to mind right away......

The recent brand Fresh Scents by Terri has two you might like to try: Tangerine Kiss and Breathe. Terri started her line three years ago and was featured last December in Marie Claire because so many celebrities wear her fragrances. (Heather Locklear, Lisa Rinna, Jillian Barberie, Tori Spelling, Gail O'Grady, Amanda Bynes, Donna D'Errico, Rachel Hunter, and Jennifer Blanc.)

http://www.beautycafe.com/freshscentsbyterri.htm

Another one to check out while at BeautyCafe is Zents Petal: Lily, freesia, lemon and Fresh Rain Accord. The Zents line is on sale for 25% off right now.

http://www.beautycafe.com/zents.htm

Sticking to Beautycafe's roster for a moment more, check out Tilleul by D'Orsay. Very feminine, tender soliflore of lime tree blossoms

http://blossoms.http://www.beautycaf...ums_dorsay.htm

Soliflore, single flower themed fragrances, are always an innocent way to go.
    I have seen Highland Lilac mentioned here a few times, check NoseOrgy's posts. There is a whole soliflore thread started by a female member, ShyCat.

ah sanddrift beat me to it. i suggest zents as well.

http://www.zents.com/bodyspray_petal.shtml
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Hello, makemepretty!

I´m not familiar with the perfume you are missing, and not with the suggestions you have got either... But I give you some suggestions anyhow...

To me, Ma Griffe by Carven is pure innocense, and there is no vanilla in it...

There is also Par Amour Toujour by Clarins.

Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden can perhaps fit here, too.

I hope you will find a new favourite!
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

My first thought is: Jo Malone Orange Blossom, lightly applied, is darling, sweet, not too complex.
    I second this orange bloosom soliflore idea and mentioned Côté Bastide's Fleur d'Oranger EDT in my other post. It may be a bit lighter and fresher than the Jo Malone.

Ironically, considering your thread's theme, the loveliest Orange blossom scent to me is actually a child's fragrance. *I discovered it for my own young daughter but nabbed it for myself rather quickly.

Eau de Bonpoint by Annick Goutal. She created it for her sister's brand of classically lovely (and very expensive) children's clothing, BonPoint. It is a delicate and refined blend of Neroli (Italian Orange blossoms), pettigrain, lemon leaf and mandarin orange leaves. *Exquisite, alcohol and terpene free.

http://www.perfumecountry.com/Produc...mp;click=12747

Annick Goutal, a single mother when she began her perfume career, was especially attuned to childhood. She created two more fragrances with joy and carefree childhood cheer in mind (but these were to be worn by women). She first created a scent for her then seven year old daughter, Camille, who asked her Mommy to please make a perfume just for her! Eau de Camille as it was called of course, is a light, green-garden blend of Ivy, honeysuckle, privet blossoms, grass and green leaves, and white lilac. Very pretty.

AG also created a fragrance for her stepdaughter, the mischievous school girl, Charlotte. One basenotes member said in her review that the fragrance reminded her of jam sandwiches and hot cocoa. Eau de Charlotte is a warm and enchanting, yet utterly innocent, blend of blackcurrant buds, mimosa, lily of the valley with a touch of cocoa rounding out the background. There is a hint of vanilla in the cocoa but it does not come across distinctly as Vanilla and this is not, despite the notes listed, in any way a gourmand fragrance.

All very good suggestions, thank you I'll check them out. If anyone thinks of any more please feel free to add them.

More free association....

People may begin to think I am on the payroll or at least an evangelist for perfumeur and aromatherapist Dawn Spencer Hurwitz -- I think this is like the third time I have mentioned her today -- but she was a nose for Zents and may have composed Petals among others. She was/is also a nose for Calypso and Flora Napa Valley fragrances (surely not all of their fragrances though.)

Calypso Mimosa is one for you to consider. Opening notes of fresh, cool green leaves, heart of pure cheery Mimosa with a touch of sisters rose and jasmine supporting.

http://www.calypso-celle.com/shop/ca...ategory_id=274

DSH has her own line, called DSH and she has a fragrance you should definitely look into. Daisy Be Young

Composition*
    Top notes: Lime Peel, Mandarin, Pink Grapefruit, Watermelon
    Middle notes: Bluet, Cranberry, French Linden Blossom, Lily of the Valley/Muguet, Neroli, Plumeria, Sweet Pea, Tea
    Base notes: Heliotrope, Musk, Sandalwood

https://www.dshperfumes.com/search_result_product.asp

Try L'Artisan's "Joyful Mood" (I'm not typing out the french name).
    That's a little girl fragrance if anything...pure bubblegum goodness!

also, if you have not already done so, do check out the "fresh, fruity, florals" thread, which i think may have some overlap with your request.

http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...num=1139589089

[SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Have you tried their apricot baby bath oil? It's yummy and although I never tried the solid perfume, I am quite certain you will like it. It is indulging and gentle, both on your skin and your nose. It goes well under my Opium Fleur de Shanghai too...

Other innocent scents that I think you will like:
    Eau de Camille (Annick Goutal) - Ivy, honeysuckle, syringa - green, sweet and tender
    Petit Cherie (Annick Goutal) - pear, peach, fresh cut grass, musk, vanilla (it may be too sweet, but I think you should try it!)
    Tamya (Quinta Essentia) - Japanese citron, jasmine sambac, frangipani, cedar and musk - sweet and soft
    Viola (Quinta Essentia) - violet leaf, rose, tonka - a violet soliflore that is green and delicate
    Fetish (Quinta Essentia) - smells like citrus candy, sweet and fresh and delicious, with notes of lemon verbena, neroli, jasmine sambac and a base of fir absolute (smells like a jam made of Christmas tree), green tea and a hint of vanilla.
    Petit Guerlain - mimosa, lavender, orris, tonka, patchouli, very gentle and alcohol free
    Petits en Mamans (Bvlgari) - mostly lavender and neroli, gentle and alcohol free as well
    Fresh has also some nice fruity ones that are quite innocent - my favourites are Redcurrant Basil, Fig Apricot, Pomegranate Anise and Sugar. The notes are quite self explanatory - except that Sugar is not all that sweet - it very similar to Fetish, a fresh and sweet lemony citrus.
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

Blog Entries

Although it is long discontinued you can still snag bottles on eBay. Please try:

Clarins Elysium This is such a softy, fruity, innocent perfume that is wonderful from top to bottom, opening to finish... *:-* :-* :-*

Similar in innocence is TBS Minteva not as ethereal but with the same fruity innocence and much more affordable.

HTH *
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Gianfranco Ferre - light, sweet, innocent - it has a strong orange blossom component. Try the edt instead of edp. The edp has a more prevalent vanilla note.

Always say what comes to mind first, right? My votes go for Love's Baby Soft, KM Loukhoum, and (of all things) Hiris by Hermes.

Philsophy's Baby Grace, Amazing Grace, and Pure Grace might be good for the running, too.
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by moondeva
    Although it is long discontinued you can still snag bottles on eBay. Please try:

Clarins Elysium This is such a softy, fruity, innocent perfume that is wonderful from top to bottom, opening to finish... :-* :-* :-*

HTH
    Oi!!!!

That's meant to be a well kept secret!
    *pulls out CC to buy up what stock remains on the net* ;D

I second Ayala's recommendation of Petits en Mamans (Bvlgari)- had a sniff of it yesterday and it is indeed childlike and very soft/powdery. Reminded me of what my bro smelt like when he was a wee lad (he now stinks of sour man-sweat : )

Hello L !

You have gotten many wonderful suggestions already.

I have to chime in and add that Petits et mamans by Bulgari is indeed a very very soft and cuddly fragrance with some lavender , some chamomille , some neroli and some powder notes that makes it an incredibly nice scent.

On the other hand , the one fragrance that has no apricot , yet people have commented it smelled apricot on me , was Premier figuer by L'artisan. Innocent , slightly sweet , very soft., very wearable.

Eau de Camille (greener) and Eau de Charlotte (foodier) also sound good , although to me EDC was too sweet and a little weird ( but don't let that sway you)

Also I'd like to suggest LV Teint de neige for its soft heliotrope/powder ambience (and in that vein you might also like L'eau d'Hiver by F.Malle parfums). Vanilla is not evident , yet they have a sweetness in them and a powderiness that is not "old" , but very tender/babyish.

Also the body products in the DK Cashmere Mist line are wonderful and they smell as tender as the fragrance , but much less potent in the sillage departement. The body lotion should do you.

Mimosa perfumes might also be to your liking : L'artisan's is very light and succulent , Chech&Speake also make a wonderful mimosa , albeit a little stronger.

You could also do with Noa by Cacharel which is innocence personified and has a few floral notes with a milky softness reminiscent of light coconut and coffee.

A cheap one that might prove useful is Beleaf from TBS. It is light , airy , with just a hint of fruit /flower and dries down to a clean , slightly soapy skin smell.

Last but not least , Castelbajack makes a wonderful fragrance that has a light almond top and dries down to a glorious skin scent. very soft and worth checking out if you can.

Lots of wonderful suggestions. I'll be sure to check them out. Some of the powdery ones I've tried but my sister hates the smell of baby powder(I know, who could not like that?) So I'll focus on the light florals and clean fruity scents. I tried Tom Kitten which I heard had a nice peach note but I couldn't find the peach note at all! It was pure soft powder on me I've tried Charlotte a few times because the description sucks me in every time. But for some reason Annick Goutals have a grass note on my skin, can't do the grass thing. Stupid body chemistry. Thanks again.

I don't think I have any like that! :-/

I second Petite Cherie by Annick Goutal, beautiful pear and very light texture!
    'I am not difficult, I am definite!' - Hedy Lamarr

Mustela - Eau de soin Musti
    Bvlgari - Petit et mamans
    Guerlain - Petit Guerlain

Try It! I hope you'll like it

There is always Love Flower all natural Pink Lotus Flower in a .33 ml roll-on

http://www.herbalremedies.com/natural-perfume-3.html

Santa Maria Novella has three you might try out:

Fieno -- Hay (does that count as grass?)
    Fresia -- Freesia
    Mughetto -- lily of the valley

The Bulgari Petits et Mamans (little ones and mamas or mayber better translated as Mother and child) is very nice.

Hiya mmp!

I just tried Peau de Peche by KM--it was simple and sweet to my nose. I didn't get a strong peach note at first, but on drydown and second test it's definitely there. I thought of you and this thread immediately!
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Has anyone suggested Chloe Innocence? It is the most delicate scent I have ever smelt.
    The unshaped bottle also reminds me of small and tender white mushroom babies, very cute and very innocent

However, it is discontinued also. But I am sure that you can still get it somewhere from the Internet. I had seen it quite a lots of times online.
    Current favorites:

Jicky, Mitsouko, Shiseido Susuro,Or et Noir

Blog Entries

Still on my Clarins Elysium kick..

Can I also suggest Cacherel Eau de Eden - it is in the same vein and very soft, fruity and ethereal.
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

You may like L'Occitane Honey Harvest Gentle Honey Water. (It used to be called Eau de Miel). It's alcohol- free and very soft. It smells like honey and honeysuckle; very innocent, yet pretty.

Hi My thoughts for young and delicate would include, Metorites Guerlain, Sotto Voce Laura Biagotti, Scent Costume National, Petite Chere Annick Goutal. LuLu Guiness. Explore these gentle and demure fragrances. Restrained and delicate is how I would interpret your request. Regards Julia

I recommend Britney Spears' "Fantasy". *It reminds me of a fragrance I'm smelled before. *It's on the same lines, in my opinion anyway, of Chopard Wish, Prada, Angel...It is soft and sweet...(VERY sweet), and gourmand-y, perfect for my 14 year old daughter, but almost too 'young' for me (I'm over 40).

"A fragrance inspired by love's ability to overwhelm you when you least expect it, Fantasy Britney Spears is a captivating blend of ripe fruits, sweet cupcake accord, delicate flowers, creamy musk, orris root, and sensual woods. Notes include Lychee, Quince, Kiwi, Cupcake Accord, Jasmine Petals, White Chocolate Orchid, Musk, Orris Root, Woods."