Code of Conduct
    porkchop

Default Escada Limited Edition Summer Scents

After smelling the latest Escada Pacific Paradise, I have become very interested in the previous scents they did like Ibiza Hippie, Rockin Rio, and Island Kiss. Since they are not available in the brick and mortar shops, but still available online, I wanted to check in with Basenotes peeps before making any blind purchases. I'd love to hear any comments, reviews, or suggestions for other lush tropical fruity frags. I think I'm becoming obessed with fruit, juicy but not overly sweet fruit, if that exists. Thanks in advance for all replies!

Default Re: Escada Limited Edition Summer Scents

Hey, welcome!

Now, I've actually got an obsession with these!

I suggest you buy a collectors edition of 5 mini fragrances. They're easy to find on eBay. Apparently, the most popular top 3 are Sexy Graffiti, Tropical Punch and Ibiza Hippie in that order.

Be careful of fakes though...the bottles and scent are actually quite easy to copy. I know Italy do quite a few "8ml" sized bottles.

Another scent that smells fruity but not too sweet is J Lo LIVE and Rockin' Rio is supposed to smell almost the same as Pacific Paradise.

If you find anymore, let me know, thanks!

porkchop

wow, thanks Ibiza Hippie! i'll look for the mini set!

Hey, I'm gald I've found another fan.

Apparently Incanto Dream by Salvatore Ferragamo (2005) smells almost the same but not as strong The review for it sounded promising.

porkchop

Yeah, cool, maybe i'll change my screen name to rockin' rio!

ordered this mini off ebay...

∑ TROPICAL PUNCH
    ∑ SEXY GRAFFITI
    ∑ IBIZA HIPPIE
    ∑ ISLAND KISS
    ∑ ROCKIN RIO

can't wait, thanks for the tip!

Cool!

You have to tell me from whom you've purchased it from.

and you'll be surprised to discover that Pacific Paradise is actually Ibiza Hippie, one note more or less

Post Thanks / Like

Mat;Male is quite nice.

Comptoir Sud Pacifique has a few exotic fruit scents

http://www.comptoirsudpacifique.us/fragrances.html

skip down to exotic fruit

Mora Bella (formerly Fruit Sauvage) Top notes: Grenadine, bergamont, lemon; middle notes Raspberry, Blackberry, jasmine, Belle de Nuit flower; base notes sandalwood, musk

Princessse Muscat Top notes bergamot, graprefruit, black currant, raspberry; middel notes Jasmine, Rose, Orchid, Mango-steen; base notes Raspberry, muscat grape, sandalwood, white musk.

Kumquat Alhambra top notes Bergamot, Sweet Orange; middle notse Kumquat, mandarine, Pineapple; base notes Pepper, white musk

Also J Lo Miami (limited edition) sounded well composed.

Post Thanks / Like

Have either of you tried Janca by Aqua di Biella?

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detai...&section=1

Hey, thanks for the tips!

It seems you can't get some in England so I'm going to try and order some samples online. (I'm so annoyed about this. If I want to try a perfume mentioned I usually have to travel 90 miles to London to sniff a tester..)

luckyscent.com seems to be a good place, does anyone know any other places?

I am not too familiar with all of the limited editions of Escada, but the last two smelled almost the same to me (from the scent stripe - I was never too keen to try them on, as I am not a huge fruity notes fan). However, if you liked these, I think you will also like J Lo Miami Glow. It's actually a gorgeous coconut, pineapple beach scent. I really liked it a lot. And it does not have the repulsive drydown that many fruity florals have (powdery and characterless dissapointing followup to a very mouthwatering fruity exposion at the beginning). You may also like Britney Spears' Fantasy, and as mentioned before me - J Lo Live.
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie
    Mat;Male is quite nice.

Comptoir Sud Pacifique has a few exotic fruit scents

http://www.comptoirsudpacifique.us/fragrances.html

skip down to exotic fruit

Mora Bella (formerly Fruit Sauvage) *Top notes: Grenadine, bergamont, lemon; middle notes Raspberry, Blackberry, jasmine, Belle de Nuit flower; base notes sandalwood, musk

Princessse Muscat *Top notes bergamot, graprefruit, black currant, raspberry; middel notes Jasmine, Rose, Orchid, Mango-steen; base notes Raspberry, muscat grape, sandalwood, white musk.

Kumquat Alhambra top notes Bergamot, Sweet Orange; middle notse Kumquat, mandarine, Pineapple; base notes Pepper, white musk

Also J Lo Miami (limited edition) sounded well composed.

Speaking of which, I've just successfully bidded for Princessse Muscat on ebay! ;D

This fragrance has all the notes I want (Raspberry, Mango and Grape) so thanks for suggesting this one to me.

Thank you Ayala for the tips, I'll most certainly be able to get those scents in this country.

What are all of the summer scents and in what order were they released? All I know is that Chiffon Sorbet was the first; the last three have been Pacific Paradise, Rockin' Rio and Island Kiss; and Ibiza Hippie, Sexy Graffiti and Tropical Punch are somewhere in the middle. Has Escada released one every single year?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried Escada Collection? It's also discontinued, which is a horrible shame. It has that sweet, edible addictive quality of the seasonal release Escadas. It's vanilla, cherry, cola & a burnt sugar note. In any case, you may like this one as well and it's available on discount sites.

Thanks for the tip--I've read some reviews of that fragrance and I must say I am intrigued. So far, I really like what I've seen from Escada. My first perfume purchase from them was Island Kiss. I really liked Rockin' Rio but never got around to purchasing it, nor have I gotten around to purchasing Pacific Paradise, which I sampled last night at Dillards and really liked. A month or so ago I bought their latest non-limited edition, Escada (the one that came out in 2005). I plan on adding more Escada to my collection--I've just been so sidetracked in the last year, what with Prada and Lovely SJP coming out, so I need to watch my pennies!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi! This is a bit off-topic; but have you tried Escada "Sentiment"? This is one of my fav Escadas! Rather sweet, and not much fruity.
    Top notes: Iris, green mandarin, magnolia, red currants.
    Middle: Iris, May rose, Indian tuberose, white peach.
    Base: Iris, heliotrope, sandalwood and vanilla.
    It was launched in 2000, and is in their ordinary sortiment.

(Lots of iris, as you can see!)
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

hi i recommend island kiss out of this range, really fruity and long wearing. a little like 'in love again' by ysl but sweeter.

Just recieved Princesse Muscat and it's gorgeous!

Thanks for the tip.

Thanks to the you guys I've been weened off Escada's limited editions through other fruity scents....which could be a good or bad thing..

I found the info I asked about in the earlier post--I am pretty sure this is correct. Here is the order in which the LE scents have been released:

1. Chiffon sorbet (1993)
    2. Summer in Provence (1994)
    3. Ocean Blue (1995)
    4. Jardin de Soleil (1996)
    5. Que Viva Escada (1997)
    6. Sunny Fruitti (1998)
    7. Loving Bouquet (1999)
    8. Lily Chic (2000)
    9. Tropical Punch (2001)
    10. Sexy Graffiti (2002)
    11. Ibiza Hippie (2003)
    12. Island Kiss (2004)