Code of Conduct

Thread: Success stories

Default Success stories

;D ;D ;D Anybody remember my post telling about a fragrance gift to a girlfriend? The one who only liked one perfume (Paris), and "just didn't get" basenotes?

Mwaa Ha Ha Ha Ha! She got my package and she's called me just now! "What is this Cucumber Baie?!! Is that something I can buy?!! Where did you get it??? Oh! It's just wonderful!! Oh and there was another one I really liked... it started with an E..! There were SEVERAL...let me get home! I'll call you right back!!!"

Thanks, Quarry, for the CB tip!!!

I couldn't get a word in edgewise. ;D ;D ;D Mood lifted! Blahs gone!

Got any similiar stories to share?

Please, spritz responsibly.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Success stories

Hi, back atcha Cuke Baier! Yes, I'm infecting others with my excitement.

1) After I sent one of my customers a boodle of samples, she got swept up in the action and confessed, "I think I was a frag hag all along, but you helped me come out of the closet." Since she's an international traveler, she is also a nose scout for me now.

2) Today I sent a note to my cousin's pubescent granddaughter, whom I've never met, and remembered I had some extra samples received in a swap. What a thrill to wrap up Demeter Brownie and CSP Vanille Mohka for her and decant some Demeter Wet Garden and Salvatore Ferragamo, too. Maybe she can develop a relationship with fragrances earlier than I did and will remember me as the one who introduced and shared this world with her.

Nice idea for a thread, Shy.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

No, Cat, but I sure love reading your posts. Good for you!
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

I'll think overnight. I'm sure I ahve somethign basenotes worthy!

I agree this is a great and fun idea for a thread.

Thanks, Shycat.

Night, everyone. *I think I am going to emulate a custom I have seen mentioned in the SOTDF and put some soothing fragrance on for bed. Such agita!

Where can I get this cucumber Baies stuff. *Baies is pink pepper corns, right?

You have so many great threads and posts, Shycat, I always enjoy reading them. Thanks! :-*
    My only "success story" must be that my daughter (soon 15), within the last half year or so, have gone from wearing Britney Spears and Paris Hilton, to develope a true interest in exploring fragrances such as Chanel, Guerlain, YSL, Givenchy etc. She is very picky, knows what she likes, and don`t care if her friends think she`s wearing "weird" fragrances. We now can sniff together at the mall, and have really nice fragrance discussions, something that is impossible for me to have with my friends, since they couldn`t care less for fragrances...
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Right now my sister is coveting Chantecaille Frangipane because I keep gifting her with decants, my sil is wearing Philosophy Falling In Love because she liked my Trish 9 and when Philosophy had their free deal I e-mailed her. I can easily pick what others will like, it's me I have the hardest time with.

I'm currently trying to steer my father away from Drakkar, while it's a nice fragrance I think I can pick something more 'him'.

I am reminded of a story about a beautiful, young woman who was so intimidated by the salesclerks at the perfume counter that she bought Guerlain Vetiver solely on the basis of that magical name. When she got home she annointed herself and it was love at first sniff.

In time, she discovered the Basenotes community. Her knowledge expanded from reading the exploits and notes of people sharing her new passion.

One year later and she is a confident fragrance shopper and is happy with vetivers and Guerlains.

Sound like anyone familiar? Well, if it does let me know because I'd like to get some decants from her!

Seriously - thank you to everyone. You are the success story.

Warm fuzzies all around!!! :-* :-* :-*
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Not so much a success story as a kindred spirit story.

I just found a massage therapist who will come to my home for $30.00 *an hour. (I KNOW!!!!) and he's amazing!!! I have my own table as I was a massage therpaist & body psychotherpaist for ten years. *After my first massage we went to my office so I could pay him and he sat on the couch, looked over at my bookcase crammed with perfumes and his eyes bugged out of his head. You know, like in the cartoons.....B...O...I...N...G * eyes shooting out of the head on springs and then pop back into their sockets when they see a pretty girl....or if its pepe le peu a pretty skunk * and he statrted to stammer......it was so cute. he finally got it out..."Are those all yours??"' "Is this a hobby???" *I explained I decanted perfumes for a living and next question...Do you have men's fragrances?? *I opened the cabinet doors on an old weathered barn wood cabinet and said...."Yup, I suire do".......well, 4 massages and 12 decants later we have been swapping massage for perfume. He wants all the discontinued men's fragrances and hard to get stuff. He said he doesn't want to smell like evryone else. Can't say I blame him. *I'm not sure which I am more excited about.....getting massages again or having a scent buddy I can share all my fragrances with and totally undertstand why his eyes roll back in his head when he smells something amazing. I get an hour massage and then we spend an hour or two sniffing toghether. *Its so much fun.....I have all these fragrances he's never heard of or tried.

my poor hubby has been relieved .....LOL....

What a blessing....massage therapist and scent buddy all rolled into one person.
    I'm in heaven!!!!

Thanks for a great post shycat and where else could I share such a story

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo_Gal
    Not so much a success story as a kindred spirit story.

I just found a massage therapist who will come to my home for $30.00 *an hour. (I KNOW!!!!) and he's amazing!!! I have my own table as I was a massage therpaist & body psychotherpaist for ten years. *After my first massage we went to my office so I could pay him and he sat on the couch, looked over at my bookcase crammed with perfumes and his eyes bugged out of his head. You know, like in the cartoons.....B...O...I...N...G * eyes shooting out of the head on springs and then pop back into their sockets when they see a pretty girl....or if its pepe le peu a pretty skunk * and he statrted to stammer......it was so cute. he finally got it out..."Are those all yours??"' "Is this a hobby???" *I explained I decanted perfumes for a living and next question...Do you have men's fragrances?? *I opened the cabinet doors on an old weathered barn wood cabinet and said...."Yup, I suire do".......well, 4 massages and 12 decants later we have been swapping massage for perfume. He wants all the discontinued men's fragrances and hard to get stuff. He said he doesn't want to smell like evryone else. Can't say I blame him. *I'm not sure which I am more excited about.....getting massages again or having a scent buddy I can share all my fragrances with and totally undertstand why his eyes roll back in his head when he smells something amazing. I get an hour massage and then we spend an hour or two sniffing toghether. *Its so much fun.....I have all these fragrances he's never heard of or tried.

my poor hubby has been relieved .....LOL....

What a blessing....massage therapist and scent buddy all rolled into one person.
    I'm in heaven!!!!

Thanks for a great post shycat and where else could I share such a story
    BG you luck, lucky gal!! *I would just kill to find somebody I could show off my collection to that could truly appreciate it. *Wait, I don't have an actual collection yet... *LOL!!!!

Maybe you guys could barter; decants for massages! * *

There is no Nose....