Code of Conduct

Default Need help with how to blend/layer fragrances?

Hello everyone....

There are some REAL experts out here and then there are so many of you who are just total adventurous souls and love fragrance and experimenting... Make for a really fabulous bunch

Well my collection has grown over time and now I would love to learn a bit about how to layer and blend some of my existing stash... so to make it more exciting...

Any help would be greatly appreciated... I play around with this stuff already but would love to find out how you pros do it

Do you blend fragrances together before applying? Do you apply and layer and which way do you go about it?

For example if you were to blend Lulu Guiness with Black Cashmere how would you do it? hmmmm or would you in fact? Or maybe like I did today Love Hangover with Fendi (original)... or Chantal Thomass with Miss Dior ... or am I doing something that's just wrong here...

What other combos would you suggest and how to is the question? Well that is if you guys are in favor of this anyway...

Thanks
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Default Re: Need help with how to blend/layer fragrances?

Hi!
    See the old thread on this side "Mixing classics with other perfumes" !
    I think it`s a great topic, and maybe you`ll get some tips
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Thank you musse that was most helpful... as a newcomer it's a bit overwhelming finding all the info... but I knew it was the right place to ask for help...

Many many thanks...
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

I like to know the note composition of the fragrances I own. My combinations aren't so wild. I usually am emphasizing an existing floral note with a soloflore.

KM Loukham, and even Fumerie Turque sometimes gets extra rose. Hypnotic Poison occasionally gets extra jasmine. But, Lolita Lempicka is a violet-licorice-powder-vanilla that I put with equal amounts of rose.

I'm careful of adding too much powder-i-ness to a frag that doesn't go there on it's own.

And I don't usually actually layer fragrances as sometimes a muddiness ensues. I put on a neck and body frag, and enhance my pet notes with soliflores on my wrists.

Its just like ordering a pizza with extra cheese.....more of what I like!

Please, spritz responsibly.