Code of Conduct

Default What would you wear to the opera or ballet shows?

I'd greatly appreciate all your expertise on this topic... I am stuck trying to find something suitable yet fun... I want something sexy, mysterious and deep... if it helps any the ballet is Swan Lake - the opera is: Norma http://www.coc.ca/performances/norma.html

and also Cirque Du Soleil show - Delirium...

http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/Cirque...bout_intro.htm

All suggestions are greatly welcomed!
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Default Re: What would you wear to the opera or ballet sho

Whatever makes you feel elegant, dressed up.....classy! *
    Maybe Eau de Soir! Or....Apres L'Ondee....or L'Heure Bleue....anything elegant!

Napa Valley Boheme
    "Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by glorious1
    Whatever makes you feel elegant, dressed up.....classy!
    I double that one. Tho I've often noticed that many people tend to wear their most classic, expensive, respectable, etc whatever special scent to the opera, so maybe you wouldn't like to smell like many others? "Shalimar is in the air" sort of thing... :-/

Wear what you really like and feel comfortable about. I think what counts is the concentration, for opera can stand even eccentricy, maybe rarity and definitely how wonderful YOU feel wearing it!!!
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Oh, and remember reading somewhere that Cirque du Soleil are going to present their first fragrance in 2007.

I only wear one real fragrance but just for the sake of the question, I think Pavlova would be excellent for a ballet or opera

For Cirque du Soleil, CSP Les Enfants du Soleil would be the most excellent choice! Or whatever they've renamed it. A very cheerful fun scent.

To opera or ballet I would wear any Caron, Chanel or Guerlain parfum.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Hello everyone and thank you for your suggestions

Tigrushka you suggest Caron... what do you think of Aimez Moi? Or Guerlain Samsara? Thanks again

Maya

"Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess Dreams
    Tigrushka you suggest Caron... what do you think of Aimez Moi? Or Guerlain Samsara?
    I'm not familiar with Aimez-Moi, the Carons I have are Tabac Blond, Narcisse Noir and Nuit de Noël and I like Samsara a lot but wear it only at home, it's my casual lazybones scent.

These are always such personal preferences so if you enjoy Aimez Moi and Samsara, they surely are appropriate!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Hello once again and thank you so much... The reason I ask of course is because last time I was at a show I was sitting just above a lady who was giving me the most intense headaches with her fragrance and yet that's never happened before... I guess I just want to avoid doing that to someone else

Salvador Dali

With regards to Aimez-Moi - on me the anise is very strong and there's something kind of minty about it. Smells fantastic in the summertime - I see it more as a day time fragrance.

Samsara would be great for an elegant evening out, as would Mitsouko, L'HB or even something like Nahema - but some find this one a little overpowering.

If I had to choose a Caron, I'd probably go for Narcisse Noir or Infini - both dark and slightly edgy imo.

Or you could be bold and go with a men's fragrance!

Hope this helps.

I'd go for something subtle, hoping not to set off someone's sensitive nose in close quarters. Probably a musk, like Narciso Rodriguez, or something very soft like the vintage Arpege (which is a totally different scent than the current version, also a love of mine); or the woodsy, spicey, unoffending Albert Nippon. No EDP's unless they were verrrrrry soft.
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

Hello Everyone and Happy Monday

Thank you to all for your suggestions... I actually wore Herve Leger Paris to Swan Lake on Saturday night at my sisters bigger-then-life urging! I think it was a success - no one was offended and people around me seem to like it (you know the leaning in closer thing)... Best of all my finace was sitting so close, 'inhaling me' the whole night LOL and was full of compliments on my fragrance from the moment I put it on.

Now I just have to think of the right choice for tomorrow night's and Cirque Du Soleil - Delirium... show...

I'm thinking: Lou Lou
    Deep Night
    Kingdom ?

Thanks again

Salvador Dali

LOU LOU!