Code of Conduct

Default Hi, Suggestions for fresh, fruity, florals please.

Hi,
    Can you please give me your favs for fresh, sparkling, fruity florals? *I guess I'm looking forward to Spring and I'm craving some ideas? *This is a scent category that is kind of new to me, but I have a couple and I'd like to find more. *

Thanks!

Ruby

Default Re: Hi, Suggestions for fresh, fruity, florals ple

Spring Flower by Creed. This was Audrey Hepburn's perfume for a long time and now a favorite of Julia Roberts. It's a mix of apple, peach, rose, jasmine and musk.

i second spring flower. it's my favorite.

Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado

Meh. Again I say, meh. I got a full bottle of Spring Flowers blind. I never wear it. Its fruity, floral but doesn't have a fresh feel to it. I find it too sweet. Way too sweet. Of course, RIP ;D ;D ;D (I'll call you ruby for short from now on, I'm insane for puns) consider the source. I am o b s e s s e d with the whole fresh, green, true floral. I don't want a traditional perfumey perfume.

If I recall, were't you also liking SJP Lovely? Bergamot, mandarin, lavender, apple martini, orchid, paperwhites, rosewood, patchouli, cedar, amber, musk, woods. Not sweet. I might have you confused with someone else, but oh well, I mean well.

I confess it doesn't really matter!!! I can't help just recommending my favorites. I know there's a bad reveiw for Mimosa pour Moi, and I need to get on the ball and refute it at poetic extreme. I'm in love with it. It's fresh, green, floral, with a blackcurrent note.

I love you Mimosa! There. I feel better, now.

Verte Violet is also attention grabbing in the most grin inducing manner. The name says it all!

I also like Fresh Index Cucumber Baie, and know for a fact I'm not alone on this board, as it was another's enthusiasm that sent me after it. It is a cucumber floral which is all about fresh and lovely.

I don't own it, but don't overlook Tommy Girl as something to try, as it has a citrus, apple, floral thing going on.

Echo Woman worth sniffing-sweet,true, but delicate in a way.

Nanette Lepore top: Moonstone rose, white peach, white cranberry juice
    mid: magenta nectar, ripe black current, orange jasmine, Persian lime juice
    base: crushed violet petals
    Its warmer, and for no reason I can in any way justify, always makes me think of soft, fruity, floral...Angel. But don't hold that against it!!

Apparently, I could go on forever, so I'll just stop now, using sheer will power.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Spring Flower is nice. Also, you might want to try the new Paul Smith. Its called, appropriately, Floral. Or even the new Cacharel is very nice too, Promeese.
    Awesomeguy

Shycat, you are correct, Nanette Lepore's fragrance is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
    Awesomeguy

Ruby, Spring Flower is nice, just too sweet for me. And that's good news for you, you probably should try it, as it is a classic and well loved by so many. Especially men, if you are interested in spring mating season ;D ;D ;D. And if you PM me with your address I'll quite happily sent you a big fat sample for completely free. D___N, that's a good price!!! [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

PS. Don't post your address on this public forum

I quite like D&G Light blue, CK Eternity Moment, and Benefit Maybe Baby, although it's rather on the sweet than fresh side.
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Blog Entries

• Diptyque L'Ombre dans L'Eau
    • D&G Feminine
    • Guerlain Champs Elysee
    • Annick Goutal Eau de Charlotte
    • Christian Lacroix Bazar
    • Hugo Boss Hugo Woman
    • Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers
    • Christian Dior Dolce Vita
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Oh! Nannette Lepore. It reminds me of Angel, too, but of the good side of Angel. I have a love-hate relationship with Angel.

I enthusiastically second l'Ombres dans L'Eau and Charlotte as well. l'O is exhilartating, uplifting; Charlotte is joyful and comforting at the same time.

What about Costume National Scent Sheer (Eau Fraiche). Hibiscus and apricot? A vivacious fruity, floral. Very chic.

I find Spring Flower is too sweet on me, too. It lacks something. It's like the difference between pretty and beautiful. SF is pretty, nice, but lacking that last 10%, something that would make you think about it again. At least on me and out of the bottle. It is also a little dated-smelling. I smell this and know its an '80's fragrance. Despite the timelessness of the woman for whom it was created (albeit in her final years), I know this is from the 1980's.

If you're looking for citrusy sparkle, I'd suggest one of my faves, Chanel Cristalle. The EDP is more floral than the original EDT formulation, but both are widely available. However, the drydown is a wonderful mossy vetiver which you might find too heavy.

Michael Kors Island is tropical fruit/water accord - I picked up 2 samples at Ulta the other day. Another tropical type is Escada Island Kiss. The latter two are overly sweet for my taste, but do evoke a day at the beach.

Blog Entries

Hi, I'm new and trying to get with the flow. I just discovered Bond #9 Chelsea Flowers. It is one of the few that works for me, Although I haven't tried them all. I love how fresh yet non-cloying it is. I don't know how fruity it is, but on me it certainly has a sparkling effect I quite like. Dolce & Gabbana's Light Blue is pretty too. It smells quite light and fruity mainly of granny smith green apples and musk. It sounds wierd but you should try it if you haven't yet. Also I sampled Frapin's 1270 on an ebay site recently and found a new favorite. It is rather gourmand(I think that's how it would be classed) it has a yummy chewy quality but not in an annoying way. It is sweet but spicy and citrusy. I accidently discovered it goes well sprayed over Chanel's Cuir de Russie.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat
    I accidently discovered it goes well sprayed over Chanel's Cuir de Russie.
    You're in the right place, welcome, glad you're here.

*sings* Welcome to the Hotel BNotes Community, you can check out any time you like....la la la la la la

Hi, I'm new and trying to get with the flow. I just discovered Bond #9 Chelsea Flowers. It is one of the few that works for me, Although I haven't tried them all. I love how fresh yet non-cloying it is. I don't know how fruity it is, but on me it certainly has a sparkling effect I quite like. Dolce & Gabbana's Light Blue is pretty too. It smells quite light and fruity mainly of granny smith green apples and musk
    bond no 9 *is very pretty and sparkling is a good word for it, well to me but i'm a guy. no 9 is very classy in a totally modern way. its always sold out everywhere. i dont think there is any fruit though, green & floral. i am not a spring flower lover, myself. but i like that mimosa pour moi shycat mentions (it got a bad review? from whom? no way, its great. just goes to show you...)

i also like the d&g light blue and how about hermes jardin sur le nil? like d & g but even better, green mango fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by sanddrift
    I find Spring Flower is too sweet on me, too. It lacks something. It's like the difference between pretty and beautiful. SF is pretty, nice, but lacking that last 10%, something that would make you think about it again.
    i love pretty. spring flower is pure and unpretentious. it's completely and unapologetically feminine, with nothing to prove and without having to strut. i think it's beautiful, but perhaps in a more innocent way than we are used to these days.

Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado

La Chasse aux Papillons from l´Artisan... doesn´t get any happier or more sparkling

Guerlain: Lovely Cherry Blossom

l´Artisan: Ananas Fizz

KM : Hanae

second the Spring Flower, Eau de Charlotte, Verte Violette and Eau de Merveilles

escada signature
    laguna
    baby doll
    love hangover
    promesse
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

escada signature
    laguna
    baby doll
    love hangover
    promesse
    very good!

what about Par amout Toujours? it's fresh, unpretentious and fruity- floral. very girly. too bad it doesn't last too long!
    they MUST make an EDP. my sister would be soo happy then.

Spring Flower (Creed) - apple, peach, melon, rose, jasmine, cedar and musk
    Fleurs d'Oranger (Lutens) - more on the sweet side, with a dark base
    Tamya (Quinta Essentia) - jasmine and sparkling yuzu (Japanese citron)
    Bvlgari pour femme - lovely yet fresh rose-violet-vanilla-green tea
    White Potion (Quinta Essentia) - soft tubersoe, jasmine sambac and coconut
    Viola (Quinta Essentia) - violet soliflore
    Verte Violette (l'Artisan) - green violet
    Diorissimo (Dior) - mostly lily of the valley, with accents of jasmine, boronia, rose, sandalwood and civet
    Champs Elysees (Guerlain) - sparkling clean mimosa and delicate florals over a smooth woody base
    Eau de Camille (Annick Goutal) - fresh twigs and leaves but not overly green
    Pure Poison (Dior) - orange blossom, gardenia, jasmine on an ambery musky base
    Anais Anais (Cacharel) - ylang ylang, lillies and other florals with a hint of green - very pretty
    Baby Doll (YSL) - bouquet of roses along with strawberry and rhubarb, tart and sweet at once
    Dolly Girl and Secret Wish(Anna Sui) - fresh citrus top and a delicate floral heart

Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

Blog Entries

Have to recommend this to you. My darling fiance chose & bought this for me for valentines and it is everything you say you are looking for.

Crabtree & Evelyn Nadira
    = fresh fruity floral and perfect for Spring & Summer. Brand new and amazingly beautiful. *:-*

"Nadira - Eau de Toilette - Luxurious EDT is presented in a decorative glass flacon with spray mist applicator. Like its name, which means ‘rare’, our Nadira fragrance captures the spirit of Morocco in an exotic blend of sensuous gardenia, Moroccan rose and precious sandalwood."

;D
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Valentino V smells heavenly on fair-colored skin. A beautiful mix of fruits & florals.

Very Irresistible by Givenchy - rosy and sparkling
    Champs Elysees by Guerlain - mimosa, violets, fruit (melon, peach and maybe berries) and an ambery drydown

Try the Too Much version of CE also - it has the mimosa plus aldehydes and bergamot. Slightly more character than CE.