Code of Conduct

Default Anyone try Christian Lacroix's Tumulte? dark rose?

Hello everyone,

I have seen this fragrance (Christian Lacroix's Tumulte) advertised in a few different places and it has really caught my eye.... I love the red bottle of course But unfortunately I have not had a change to try it yet... Has anyone tried and would you be able to liken it to any other fragrance that's on the market right now?

I see that rose note is in it and as I am on a hunt for a very rich deep mysterious rose fragrance I was wondering if this might be it! I am looking for a dark rose - something that's velvety and plush and can be compared to black lace...

Happy Valentines Day to everyone!
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Default Re: Anyone try Christian Lacroix's Tumulte? dark r

I've not tried it myself, but my friend spritzed it on and it wasn't really a dark rose from what I recall. It's quite sweet and not really what I'd call a dark fragrance. I'm sorry I have no better description; if I'm in a shop I'll sniff again! (My friend ended up not getting it.)

Hi Jen,

Thank you so much for your reply... I guess I will just have to continue my search for that deep dark mysterious rose

Maya
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Creed's Fleur de the rose Bulgare is a dark red rose.

Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque is a black leather bustier and full red lips, with caramelized petals laid on a moist pink tongue.

A spritz of each is black lace.

I kid you not.

Please, spritz responsibly.

Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess Dreams
    I am on a hunt for a very rich deep mysterious rose fragrance I was wondering if this might be it! I am looking for a dark rose - something that's velvety and plush and can be compared to black lace... *
    Why not try...?

Kingdom

The rose note is just what you describe: velvety and plush, a deep, dark red, yet it never takes over and becomes musty and rank. *Paired with jasmine and ginger, it sits on a creamy bed of sandalwood, Bourbon vanilla, and myrrh. *The topnotes of cumin and civet are fairly notorious, though: *They may hold you back, but the rose note at the heart of this scent is fantastic. *It's not a "rose perfume" per se like Stella or Very Irrésistible - just roses running up and down the fragrance - but it showcases this beautiful, giant red rose at its heart so wonderfully.

Thank you all for taking the time to share!

I have Kingdom and truly adore it...... so that suggestion is right up there!!!

But I will have to give the other suggestions a try too

Many thanks
    Maya

Salvador Dali