Code of Conduct

Default Spring scent suggestions, please!

I have lived in Hypnotic Poison since before Christmas and before that I got into heavy, chocolatey gourmands and rich, orangey autumnal fragrances but now I need something a little lighter and fresher for spring and I have no ideas. *I'm having a 'I've got nothing (smelly-wise) to wear' kind of day and would love some suggestions please...

Thanks in advance. :-*

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Spring scent suggestions, please!

I'm proclaiming myself the unofficial spokesperson for Thymes Fig Leaf & Cassis. Maybe it's more late winter/early spring than spring itself. Slightly sweet (if you like HP, then it should be agreeable to you), with a green leafiness. Not as heavy (fig-fruity) as Jo Malone's Wild Fig & Cassis.

Of course, Jo Malone Orange Blossom is an easy sweetie that gives you layering mileage. La Chasse aux Papillons is eternally popular, unless you don't like the linden accord, which some don't. Maybe a light rose like La Rose de Rosine or KM's Damascena? Look forward to reading others' thoughts.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

There was a 3 page thread on Spring Scents a little while ago.

Maybe this helps

http://<a href="http://www.basenotes...38643967/0</a>

Hi,
    I too can't wait for Spring to arrive.
    I'm holed up with laryngitis and feeling blue!
    I would suggest you apply O de Lancome,
    Cabotine(Gres), Un Jardin Clos(Dyptique)
    or Diorissimo. All are sure to put a spring in
    your step.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

AG's Eau de Charlotte! It's spring in a bottle, although too sweet for some.

Now what do you mean you have nothing to wear? I took a peek at your wardrobe and see that you have SL Fleur d'Oranger. ;D That'll be great for springtime.

I also recommend Annick Goutal's Eau de Camille. Very natural, very green. I bought this in the spring because the fragrance reminds me of the bright, tender, new green leaves that come out first on the trees. Eau du Ciel is also so beautiful. A soft, natural floral created to evoke the scent of the countryside after a rain. [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

Ah la la la, love Eau de Camille for its fresh green new lilac whoosh. A while back there was a thread on Highland Lilac perfume, and let me say, it's awesome. And with Q raving the fig note I finally tested Premier Figuier and my decant of Diptyque's Philosykos. Philosykos wins hands down of those two, and I'm going to give it some air time this spring!
    Please, spritz responsibly.

My favourite spring perfumes are floral and green floral. Here are my most favourite ones:
    1) Spring Flower (Creed) - beautiful crisp fruity floral - apple and melon top notes, rose and jasmine heart, musc and cedar base
    2) Diorissimo (Dior) - the best lily of the valley ever made - it's a soliflore, but a rich and interesting one, with notes of boronia, galbanum, jasmine and a hint of civet at the base.
    3) Tamya (Ayala Moriel Parfums) -Delicious jasmine with fruity Yuzu (Japanese Citron), Cassis, Jasmine Sambac, Frangipani, Hyacinth, Cedar, Musk, Vanilla
    4) Charisma (Ayala Moriel Parfums) - Osmanthus, Oud, Green Tea, Jasmine, Gardenia, Tonka Bean
    5) Viola (Ayala Moriel Parfums) - Violet soliflore
    6) Frangipani (Ormonde Jayne) - a frangipani soliflore, very pretty.
    7) Fetish (Ayala Moriel Parfums) - sweet and citrusy and floral and almost like a gourmand - with Lemongrass, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Neroli, Fir Absolute, Green Tea

For the more green ones:
    1) Ivoire (Balmain) - Galbanum, Rose, Woods, Leather, Raspberry, Oakmoss
    2) Vent Vert (Balmain) - Galbanum, Gardenia, Fresh cut grass, orange blossom, sage, basil, oakmoss
    3) Private Collection (Estee Lauder) - Galbanum, Orange Blossom, Rose, Jasmine, Oakmoss
    4) Grin (Ayala Moriel Parfums) - Galbanum, Boronia, Jasmine, Rose, Vetiver, Oud
    5) Bon Zai (Ayala Moriel Parfums) - Juniper, Tangerine, Shiso, Verbena, Rose, Oud, Vetiver
    6) Philosykos (Dyptique) - my most favourite fig scent ever, with milky coconut and a smooth cedarwood base.
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

On my chest of drawers, Jeans Couture by Versace (the yellow bottle) is waiting for spring to come. A really play-full scent, but it doas not work during the winter.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * Annick Goutal Eau du Sud

After sniffing it today, I would have to suggest Asprey Purple Water.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Eau de Gucci aka Gucci I aka &quot;the brown juice!&quot; Still quite heady and sweet, but if worn well, this truly is a beautiful perfume.