Code of Conduct

Default I re-discovered Chanel N 19 today.

For some reason, today when I was out fragrance sniffing, I came across a bottle of Chanel N 19 EdP today, sprayed it on me, and was so enchanted. I don't remember it smelling this wonderful. I think years ago, I had tried the EdT, and maybe this is why. Anyway, I am in love with it, and am requesting it for Valentine's Day.

Anyone else have an experience like this when re-visiting a scent?

Default Re: I re-discovered Chanel N 19 today.

Quote Originally Posted by KimChi
    For some reason, today when I was out fragrance sniffing, I came across a bottle of Chanel N 19 EdP today, sprayed it on me, and was so enchanted. *I don't remember it smelling this wonderful. *I think years ago, I had tried the EdT, and maybe this is why. *Anyway, I am in love with it, and am requesting it for Valentine's Day.

Anyone else have an experience like this when re-visiting a scent?
    Me and Anais Anais. I took a long break from it and in my mind it got stuck as the fragrance of youth. Then tried it for fun and realized there's more depth to it than I remembered, and wore it for a week straight after that. I have it now, and use it from time to time, but that effect of rediscovery was something completely unexpected. It's funny how I remembered it competely differently - usually, I have a very good "scent memory".
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

Anais Anais....wow, does that bring back memories. I must have gone through three bottles of it in highschool. I will have to revisit that one again, too. I am with you, I have a really good scent memory as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KimChi
    Anais Anais....wow, does that bring back memories. *I must have gone through three bottles of it in highschool. *I will have to revisit that one again, too. *I am with you, I have a really good scent memory as well.
    You know, maybe my body chemistry changed with age. I rember it to be much more of a floral.

Now the leather and the cedar in it stand out more than the florals.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

FroFro, now I am for sure trying Anais Anais again, because all I remember is the sweet floral...will seek it out today and see if I get the leather and cedar.

Congratulations, KimChi! It is the only Chanel that I own at the time, and let me tell you, I am on the 5th bottle of it. So you know what to do if, by any reason, you fall out of like with it...

Revisited: recently Byblos Byblos and Lancome Poeme. Like both!

I am so crazy about this 19. I went back to the perfume shop, and got a sample of the EdP today. (the women there are really nice, I think they take pity on me because I am learning the language here, in Germany, and indulge me in samples of whatever I want). I am pretty sure I am getting it for Valentine's day as my husband also really liked it.

Timberwolf, I can completely understand being on a 5th bottle of it, I can just tell it will be a regular in my wardrobe. You know how you just know?