Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default The Body Shop (original) perfume oils

Hi, I am hoping that you can help me.

I would love to get the notes / details of the original line up of TBS perfume oils, especially those from the 1980 / 90's. I have tried googling and have searched here on basenotes as well as other perfume boards i am registered with and have had no joy. *

I am currently having a torrid love affair with TBS perfume oils having missed the boat in the 1990's. the only one I 'knew' then was Japanese Musk which I have recently rediscovered.

I have recently got hold of a wonderful TBS oil called Visionary which is not in the database and I cannot seem to find information on it anywhere. I am also considering purchasing a bottle of Lilac and or Leap in the near future as well.

Does anyone have the notes / info on the 1980 through to modern day range of perfume oils or have a good link to somewhere that does? I would be so grateful. *:-*
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Default Re: The Body Shop (original) perfume oils

Off the top of my head, the list goes at Japanese Musk, Woody Sandalwood, White Musk, Rose Musk, Mostly Musk, Tea Rose, Vanilla, Dewberry, Strawberry, Fuzzy Peach, Leap, Activist, Ananya, Satsuma, Patchouli, Juba, Summer Dew.......... feel free to add.

The original supplier of all of those scents, I think was Mark Constantine, of Lush, who used to run Cosmetics to Go, and further back still, the kitchens of TBS. If you're really game, you could hop onto the UK Lush site- Mark frequents those forums quite often and I suspect alot of those Lushies were former TBS lovers.

Blog Entries

Well, took your advice elysium and got zip, zero, nada! : I forgot (was once a self confessed LUSHophile) that it is 'not the done thing' to be asking about TBS - not even the Mark Constantine years unless you want to praise how much better LUSH is. :

So I ask humbly again for anyone to please help me collate, find links to the 'complete' collection of fragrance bar perfume oils from The Body Shop which was at its height in the late 1980s. I am looking for names, notes and personal rememberances / reviews of these amazing perfumes.

Thank you!
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

They bit your head off didn't they, miss?
    My apologies, I should've warned you to mind your P's and Q's.

They've a penchant for doing that each time you step anywhere near their territory, be it veganism, or any other hot topic........ they won't have it any other way, it's carnage.
    If you argue a topic and have even a whiff of an unfounded argument, that's it, you're mince meat.

But they are magnifiscent debaters, that's what I'll give them- they're the best I've ever come across of all forums I've been on, and have an innate way with words.