Code of Conduct

Default Finally, the day has come!

I have finally moved Bois des Iles and Cuir de Russie from my "to test" to my fragrance wardrobe. Yippie!

I do, however, have a quesition for those ladies (and gents if they chance across this) who wear it:

Any suggestions on body washes and body lotions that compliment them or at least don't clash with them? Both smell gloriously on yours truly, and I really don't want anything to alter that scent even one bit, but, alas, I'm addicted to my shower.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

Default Re: Finally, the day has come!

Here are a couple of suggestions:
    • try to use a light *and quick fading fragrance shower gel
    • no. 5 shower gel will work pretty well due to the strong aldehydic common base
    • why not to use a fragrance free gentle washing base and adding in it some drops of scent?

Ladylonestar

We have such creative members, so I'm sure someone will know! I'm not one of the creative creatures so I'll defer to them. If I don't have matching products, then I use unscented -- soaps, lotions, deodorants. I avoid the products that claim to be unscented but that actually have a strong musk or citrus scent. I just don't want anything interfering with my perfume. Grr...

I probably should divert some of the time I spend searching for NON-SCENTED products into finding matching products. Hmm... there's a thought. ;D

Perfumania sells a Spa lotion that the SAs claim enhances and extends the longevity of fragrance -- though there's no such claim on the actual bottle. They recommend applying the lotion all over your body; then dispensing a very large amount of the Spa lotion in your hand, spraying your fragrance of choice into the lotion, and applying that to your body; then applying your fragrance over that. It may work; I don't know. The lotion, to my nose, has a very strong (but very pleasant) orange-lemon-herb scent, drying into a musky scent. I may try it one day, but so far I haven't wanted to experiment with it. I do the same thing, on occasion, using an unscented lotion.

I'll stay tuned to this thread and see what everyone recommends. Oh... and CONGRATULATIONS! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I use plain sweet almond oil out of the shower. I got it as massage oil, but it makes your skin feel amazing. It has no scent of it's own, is not a greasy oil, rather it absorbs to a silky, pleasant feel. I've never noticed any change or reaction iin my fragrances, either.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Thanks, everyone!

That's actually something that hasn't occured to me - buy unscented stuff and then just spritz it with the perfume. DUH moment here - please bear with me while I compose my smug self.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.