Code of Conduct

Default Valentine gift for someone who likes Flower Bomb

The big day (Feb 14) is coming fast and my wife is lately into Flower Bomb. *I would like to get her a fragrance for Valentine's Day - what do you think a fan of Flower Bomb would enjoy as an alternate scent along the same lines as Flower Bomb.

Default Re: Valentine gift for someone who likes Flower Bo

Now you might to research this a little but I thought Flowerbomb really really smelled like Hanae Mori for men (subtle differences but both extrememly SWEET). Although I have never tried HM for ladies, you might want to look into that for a different scent.

Thanks for that suggestion. I can't believe that Flower Bomb is so unique that there aren't any others, though.

I wouldn't call it unique as there are lots of extremely sweet women's perfume. That is just my experience so far. Wait a little bit as more responses come in as the women's side tends to take longer to get responses. Give it a little time.

Personally, I am not too fond of Horsting and Snoren's creation. To me it does not smell like 1000 best fragrances blended together, more like Lanvin Oxygen meets Chopard Wish. But here we go: Michael Edwards recommends Mugler Angel, Chanel Chance, Lolita Lempicka and Britney Spears Fantasy.

My choice would be a set of Chanel Minis, with # 5, Coco and Coco M-lle in it.

There might be similar "flower power" found in:
    -- Chanel Coco Madmoiselle (closest match to my nose, closer than Angel!),
    -- Elizabeth Arden Red Door (old-ladyish -- yes! but I like that honeyed drydown),
    -- La Prairie Silver Rain (though often overpriced!),
    -- Van Cleef & Arpels First,
    -- Dolce & Gabbana (red) Donna and Sicily (on the right skin),
    -- Estee Lauder Estee,
    -- Bijan,
    -- Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds & Rubies (not White Diamonds).

Good luck and please inform of your choice.

Has she tried Flowerbomb Extreme?
    Some other ideas, some of which already have been mentioned, are
    Coco Mademoiselle or Coco
    Dior Hypnotic Poison
    Calvin Klein Euphoria
    Profumi di Pantelleria Jailia
    Bond No. 9 Nuits de Noho, Chinatown (which has a stunning bottle), So New York
    Narciso Rodriguez For Her
    Hermes Ambre Narguile
    Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir
    L'Artisan Voleur de Roses
    Montale Patchouli Leaves
    Anne Pliska

If your wife likes Flowerbomb, I think she may also like:
    1) Hanae Mori
    2) Allure (Chanel)
    3) Angel
    4) Eau de Charlotte (Annick Goutal)
    5) Addict (Dior)
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

Thank you very much, all, for the suggestions.

Any thoughts about Chanel Bois des iles or Chanel Gardenia? These are scents I know that she probably hasn't had a chance to try, and therefore would be a new experience for her - I had a hard time locating them online. Even if not sweet floral scents, they seem to be almost uniformly liked.

In reading the reviews, they seem to be described as floral scents, but sometimes it's hard to read between the lines.

Chanel Gardenia and Chanel Bois des Iles are wonderful choices, as well. They can be found at www.gloss.com
    in the "Rue Cambon" section under Chanel fragrances (no affiliation). Here's the link:

http://www.gloss.com/chn/index.jsp?ws-action=http://um.chanel.com/mprod.php?chsetdefgnav%3d6%26chsetdefgnavdiv%3d21% 26landing%3df%26branding%3drue%26sub%3dfrag%26la%3 den-us%26lo%3dus%26re%3dgloss~~~G!080D78348D55!5kW0r37 g%252brwd%252bKllvg%3d%3d~general~~~@http://syndicator.chanel.com.edgesuite.net/gloss/chanel-um

Chanel Gardenia is sweet and feminine, yet is youthful and sophisticated, a sparkling white floral with notes of jasmine, tuberose, and vanilla. I think it would be suitable for any occasion, year-round.

Chanel Bois des Iles is a a woodsy, fragrance with notes of sandalwood, vanilla, spices, and flowers. *The EDT a little bit masculine and dry, to my nose, & has faint powderiness. I've heard the parfum is superior, as it has warmth and depth compared to the EDT. The EDT smells a little bit harsh to my nose as well. Overall, it's a very classly and womanly scent especially suited to cold weather.

Good luck to you! I'd love to hear what you decide on. *

Ladylonestar

I finally found my sample of Flowerbomb -- not where I was looking but right where I put it to keep it close. The opening really put me in mind of Pink Sugar, but as it developed, it very much reminded me of Sonia Rykiel. Hours later it's soft and powdery, very nice. Since you're looking for something similar in character to Flowerbomb but not necessarily in smell, I'll add (in addition to all the fabulous suggestions) Dior Dolce Vita and Chanel No. 22.

Have fun and good luck! [smiley=beer.gif]

Ladylonestar

Oh! I want to add one more for you to sample -- L'Or de Torrente. I always get compliments on this one.

Thanks again to all of you for the suggestions. :-*

I have decided to go with Chanel, and because I can't decide which, my wife will get both Bois des Iles and Gardenia for V-Day. I am keeping this thread saved for later gifts (especially if these bomb), but chose these two because I thought they were a little more special with their history and lower availability.

Hope she likes them.

Late reply here... * *I'm a Flowerbomb girl and just purchased Valentino V Absolu...it is yummy, love it!...and the bottle screams 'Happy Valentines Day'

(The V Absolu is the limited edition in a red bottle. *The original V is in the clear bottle and equally as wonderful...I may even like it a little better because the amber and wood notes are a tad more prominent then the Absolu which is slightly sweeter.)

Good luck