Code of Conduct

Default Ladies.....I need some recs for my 20yo girlfriend

Hello ladies and the gentelmen who frequent the female fragrance discussion board also,

Like the majority of the guys on these boards I have a lot more fragrances than my girlfriend....she actually loves this and appreciates the fact that I never smell the same. I'm 30 years old and enjoy the perfumes she owns but would like to turn the emphasis of fragrance buying for myself to her.......although there are 10 years between us we have so much in common that I actually feel like I'm 20 again....haha. Anyway, she currently owns the following scents and I would appreciate some recommendations that we may try that would expand her wardrobe. As I mentioned earlier she is 20 years old and loves all of the fragrances below but is wanting to try some different ones........we don't like randomly testing fragrances at the big stores because we both get nose fatigue rather quickly. Thanks and Happy New Year to you all!!!!

Burberry for women
    Ralph Lauren Blue
    Pure Poison
    Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue
    Live by Jennifer Lopez

Default Re: Ladies.....I need some recs for my 20yo girlfr

Spring Flower by Creed
    Chance by Chanel
    Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel
    No. 19 by Chanel
    Voleur de Roses by L'Artisan Parfumeur
    Vanilia by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado

Agent Provocateur - Agent Provocateur
    Noa - Cacharel
    Glow - Jennifer Lopez
    Eau Rosee - Mariella Burani

Ladylonestar

Donna Karan Cashmere Mist
    Miss Dior Cherie
    Chanel No. 22
    YSL Paris
    Moschino I Love Love
    Estee Lauder Beautiful
    Tommy Bahama for Women
    Flowerbomb
    Stella
    Pink Sugar

Thanks for the recs so far!!!!!

My 20-year old daughter's latest love is "Hypnose" by Lancome and she also uses "Crystal Noir" by Versace.

Cookesoul, are you using this forum as a means of showing off? Cyberbragging perhaps? Just looking for the emoticon with green eyes ...

;D

Quote Originally Posted by tmn15
    Cookesoul, are you using this forum as a means of showing off? Cyberbragging perhaps? Just looking for the emoticon with green eyes ...

;D
    No, I'm not bragging......but I am proud to have found a young lady who likes fragrances as much as I do!! I guess you could say we are Smellmates. I just hope we don't get too carried away and buy stuff we will never wear!! Oh wait a minute, I've already done that.

I'd suggest (based on what she likes) :

Castelbajack
    Blu Notte
    Cashmere mist
    Boss Intense Red ( the only one I like in the line)
    Be delicious

and also (based on what you might like):

Narciso Rodriguez Musk for her or For her EDT
    Allure edt

I sugest - from my daugthers taste - Envy by Guccy. If You find that one too extereme, try Envy me.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

From your list, it seems your girlfriend is drawn to sheer & soft, yet not too sweet, florals that are sensual by way of a bit of spice and/or musk (Live, Burberry, etc.) but energetic with a little refreshing sass found in either piquant fruity notes (Live or Dolce & Gabanna's Light Blue) or aqautic notes like RL's Blue.

So I might suggest

L'Artissan's La Chasse aux Papillon Extreme not the first version, but the Extreme. Carried by Saks, Aedes and others.

http://www.laboutiquedelartisanparfumeur.com/us/
    product/product.php?mainlevel=1&secondlevel=24&thi rdlevel=186

Annick Goutal's le Jasmin
    from the Esscentuals review: The delicacy of jasmine at dawn is conveyed by a very fresh start, evolving into a brighter fragrance with the exquisite softness of white magnolia and the spicy essence of ginger. Finally, Le Jasmin captures the sacred whiteness and divine radiance of the Sambac Jasmine.

Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nil which might remind you of D & G Light Blue.

http://boisdejasmin.typepad.com/_/20...un_jardin.html

If you are in cooler climes, you might try for a deeper expression of the qaulities in the perfumes already in her repetoir for the winter months in either

Fragonard's Miranda

Rose, jasmin and ylang-ylang with spicy undertones, rich in amber and vanilla. I first bought this at Takashimaya where the SA described this as her favorite "boyfriend catcher." It is deeper, creamier, lusher and a little more knowing then the ones on your list. This might be thought of as the "evil twin," though, because it has many similar notes and qualities but worked in a darker way. It is my staple winter evening scent. My 28 year old boyfreind l-o-v-e-d it

Dior's Dolce Vita

from the BoisdeJasmin.com review: Dolce Vita opens up with magnolia and watery lily, the transparency of which allows a glimpse of a hot cinnamon note. for full review for this spiced and fruited floral:

http://boisdejasmin.typepad.com/_/2005/09/

My ex wore Britney's Curious........and it absolutely drove me wild.

Ahhh.... fruited florals, I forgot to mention Molinard's magical Nirmala. Mind you, be careful, it's just plain Nirmala parfum or perhaps even the EDP -- but do not confuse les Feminines Nirmala for Nirmala and don't waste money on an EDT.

Very like Angel but more exquisite -- both a little more sparkling and a little more mysterious at the same time. I am wearing some right now.

from the Aedes description: Nirmala is an ideal blend of the purest beauty of the fleurs-des-isles and the passion of scented fruits from fragant gardens: A note of mystery taken from an exotic vanilla found only in orchids. A scent appealing to artistic and mystical women. Top notes of mango, passion fruit, grapefruit and mandarine. Middle notes of jasmine. Base notes of tonka bean, sandalwood, vanilla and cedarwood.

www.Scentiments.com had the EDP.

http://www.scentiments.com/scentimen...action=confirm

Thanks to all of you for the rec's so far........I really enjoy reading and trying what you recommend!!

And Cookesoul, *you could try Creed's Spring Flowers, a fruit-floral scent originally created as a bespoke fragrance for Audrey Hepburn which she wore as her signature scent for years. It was released commercially in 1996 and was/ is a favorite of Gwennyth Paltrow so I am told. *It has a heart of jasmin and rose with fruit notes of peach (like Live), melon (gives a marine or aquatic feel like RL Blue) and crisp apple. *Very pretty, feminine yet spirited and for the discriminating woman.

Spring Flowers perfume is available at dsicount at http://www.unlimitedperfumes.com/pro...oducts_id/2729.

They say perfume but double check anyway. Make sure it is not the EDT at this price. BTW: Unlimited Perfumes say they will match the lowest price you can find.

Please, let us know here on the board what You finally bougt for her! It´s alwas nice to know! ;D
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Eau de Givenchy
    SJP Lovely
    Shalimar Light
    Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien
    Moschino I Love Love
    Victoria's Secret Dream Angels Divine, Very Sexy
    Philosophy Amazing Grace
    Chanel Cristalle
    DKNY Be Delicious
    Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDT
    Serendipitous by Serendipity 3 (I have friend in her 20's who likes J.Lo Live, and loves this!)
    Byblos Byblos (the original, in the dark blue bottle)
    Hanae Mori Hanae Mori (butterfly on the bottle and box) - the pink one is the EDT, I love it!
    (It's very sweet, but she might like it.)
    Dolce & Gabbana Sicily
    Nina Ricci Premier Jour (a much underrated beautiful watery floral, perfect for any occasion)
    Flowerbomb
    Dolce & Gabbana Feminine
    The new Escada with the pink dot on it
    Lancome Miracle or Miracle So Magic
    Hermes Jardin Sur le Nil
    YSL In Love Again
    Chantecaille Frangipane
    Chanel Gardenia is a beautiful young, sparkling, & sophisticated scent, with white florals & vanilla.
    Britney Spears Fantasy

Good luck, and have fun! *

Well, you are on a good start since she already has more than one fragrance!
    So you already have one thing in common that we know about
    Why won't you just take her out on a perfume sniffing date? This way you will be able to find new scents together.

But if you are looking to surprise her with a scent - I think she will is likely to enjoy:
    1) La Chasse aux Papillon (l'Artisan Parfumeur)
    2) Gardenia Passion (Annick Goutal)
    3) Samsara (Guerlain)
    3) Fleurs d'Oranger
    4) Chant d'Aromes (Guerlain)
    5) Spring Flower (Creed)
    6) Bvlgari
    7) YSL Baby Doll
    8) Try the Anna Sui fragrances - I think she may like one of them, they are very pretty.
    9) Diorissimo
    10) Olene (Dyptique)
    11) Petit Cherie (Annick Goutal)
    12) Bvlgari's white tea scent

Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/