Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Tea notes & Creed

Personal fragrance surprise: Black tea is a great note for summer on my skin!!

I have a strong psychological aversion to Indian tea in real life, especially English tea, rich in tannins and served with milk. Uggh! The smell along can make me gag / retch. :-X

Yet I am finding that my love and appreciation of perfume may be stronger then my hate for this wretched stuff.

I ordered unsniffed off of eBay a Yves Rocher fragrance called Ode a l'Amour. I was expecting a spicy fruity oriental, which I got but found also that this has a strong tea note which for some reason really works on my skin. :-? And tonight I am surprised to find that Creed Silver Mountain Water with it's black tea notes is a pleasure rather than a trial. *dazed and confused*

The Creed is already fading and it isn't even an hour since application, so not full bottle worthy but now I need to open my mind to the posibbilities of there being more strong tea noted perfumes that will work for me. :

Susan Irvine puts Bulgari Black in my favorite chypre section so I may have to try that.

Can any one suggest any other perfumes with tea notes (or some Creed perfumes) I might like or that will suit me?
    I love Classic perfumes, Chypres, and Orientals. A few of my HG perfumes are - Gres Cabochard, Dana Tabu, Guerlain Shalimar, Cerruti Image Woman, Givenchy III, Jasper Conran Woman.

Thank you for reading.

*wanders off muttering to herself with wrist stuck to her nose*
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Ladylonestar

Default Re: Tea notes & Creed

Quote Originally Posted by moondeva
    Can any one suggest any other perfumes with tea notes (or some Creed perfumes) I might like or that will suit me?
    Well, I can give you a list of some fragrances with tea notes/accords but I really have no idea whether or not you'll like them.

Starting with the tea-est fragrance in all of tea land --

L'Artisan Tea for Two, with lapsang souchong tea as well as smoked tea.

Elizabeth Arden Spiced Green Tea, a spicy oriental with green tea and Earl Grey tea. *I have to say that this is a very good fragrance for cheap.

Elizabeth Arden Green Tea, a green floral (bordering on chypre) with green tea.

Bulgari Omnia, a lovely woody oriental with Masala Tea accord (an Indian tea spiked with nutmeg, cinnamon, almond, and clove).

Bulgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Verte with green tea.

Bulgari au the blanc with white tea.

Comme des Garçons Series 1 Leaves: Tea Fragrance with black tea.

Comme des Garçons Series 7 Sweet: Nomad Tea with Burmese green tea.

Lorenzo Villoresi Yerbamate, a green chypre with a tea note.

Lacoste for Women is said to have an iced tea accord. *I haven't sampled this beauty in awhile so I can't say that I recall a tea note but I know that one is listed.

Versace Yellow Jeans lists tea as a note. *I'm not at all familiar with this fragrance.

Flowerbomb lists tea though I can't recall picking up a prominent tea note, but it's been quite awhile since I sampled Flowerbomb and I still haven't located my vial of it to resample.

Ormonde Jayne Champaca lists tea among its notes.

Youth Dew Amber Nude supposedly has "fresh tea" among the top notes.

Oscar Bamboo, which I look forward to sampling, lists green tea.

That's all I have for now. *Maybe others can comment on those I've listed or can add their own. *Hope that helps you.

Blog Entries

WOW! * That is some list Ladylonestar. Thank you!

I much prefer chypre fragrances and then orientals. I also have Elizabeth Arden Green Tea and am waiting for spring / summer to see if it works for me. I have tried Spiced Green Tea in the past and recall enjoying it, but really must retry. *

Sorry to trouble you further but knowing that I like classic rich deep long lasting fragrances, preferable chypre, spicy or oriental could you suggest / recommend some Creed perfumes which may work for me?

Thank you again for all your great suggestions. *;D
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

The original Bobby Brown (the makeup artist, not Whitney's hubby) signature fragrance has a lovely green tea note. Very fresh, green & springlike, as it's interspersed with a delicate white flower medly.
    It's a fragrance I really enjoy wearing, and reach for it periodically, especially in the winter and early spring when in need of a "mood lifter."

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by moondeva
    Sorry to trouble you further but knowing that I like classic rich deep long lasting fragrances, preferable chypre, spicy or oriental could you suggest / recommend some Creed perfumes which may work for me?
    Oh, okay. No trouble at all, but... let's see. Well, I've tried a few Creed fragrances -- not very many, however. I've loved two enough to purchase: Angelique Encens and Vanisia. There's one I want very much to sample and it's Ambre Cannelle. Two I don't particularly care for are Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie and Tubereuse Indiana. One I need to investigate further is Acier Aluminum. And I've sampled MI and SMW (which does, I believe, have a green tea note) and should resample those as well. Most of the ones I love and/or want to sample lean to the oriental side (so far).

Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie is one that I'll resample as I didn't particularly care for it. I didn't NOT like it but I didn't love it -- that's about all I remember. It seems to have quite a few fans, however. I believe it's an oriental with Italian jasmine, sandalwood and vanilla.

Ambre Cannelle is one I want to sample as it's classified as a classical soft oriental fragrance.

Acier Aluminum, I need to revisit. I have a decant but it's been awhile since I sampled it. I want to say it has an oriental feel to it, but without resampling, I could be wrong.

Vanisia is one I love but it just doesn't seem to get much respect on some of the fragrance boards. It seems quite simple in structure -- jasmine, rose, sandalwood and vanilla. It has wonderful depth and warmth. A beautiful, luxurious oriental.

Angelique Encens. How is this one classified? No idea, so I call it an oriental. This one takes my breath away. There are two fragrances (to date) that I consider holy and AE is one of them. You will, however, read some horrible things about Angelique Encens. Don't let that keep you from sampling it. I have a very short "review" of it in the Basenotes Directory.

Hopefully, some other members can help you out with the chypre or chypre-esque Creeds as well as other orientals.

Explorator Dumpsterorum

Back to tea scents for just a second...

I know you mentioned you prefer the 'classic' fragrances (me too) -- but I just had to drop by and mention a scent from Vienna featuring green tea together with basil -- Nanadebary Green.

I have not sniffed this one so I don't know yet if it suits me to a "tea." I was prompted to Google this fragrance after noticing what a nifty-looking little icon Grant created for the BN Directory, although no reviews are showing as yet and I could find only a few varying opinions in the thread posts...

...so since I can't comment on the fragrance -- I can definitely recommend it for the bottle! *It looks just awesome with its retro yet oh-so dernier cri atomizer and 'toon graphic of what I like to think is Emma Peel from The Avengers "relaxing" in stockings?! *

Might be another (expensive) option for you -- but I don't know if the Nanadebary line is a bona fide entry into perfumery or just another trendy clone?! :-? Me -- I'd buy it just for the bottle and a chance to say the word "Nanadebary" to some of my friends! ;D

Ladylonestar

Very good, Ezhno! And you made me remember a favorite of mine that I've not worn in a long time -- mainly because I only have a decant and it's running low. MPG Eau de Camelia Chinois. This fragrance has camellia tea leaves. Perhaps not a chypre (unless it's one of those "nouveau chypres&quot but it's very green (and sweet, I might add). Lovely fragrance. Must buy a full bottle of this one this year! Must!

Ladylonestar

I'm finally getting around to browsing my BeautyFashion magazine and I see that the new Bvlgari Eau Parfumee Au The Rouge has predominant accords of Roiboos red tea from South Africa and Yunnan red tea from China. Not sure if it's on-counter yet, but definitely something to think about.