Code of Conduct

Thread: New Samples

Default New Samples

Well I just got L'Artisan's Fleur d'Oranger and Verte Violette along with Caron's En Avion and Coup De Fouet and Flowebomb by V&R.
    Sorry ladies but I wouldn't want my lady smelling like any of these :-X
    LA's Fd'O was a nice scent but definitely not mind blowing for $250/bottle.
    LA's VV was also a nice scent with a big green top note. Violet lovers will love this frag.
    Caron's En Avion... did someone put bag balm in this? mediciney from hell!
    Caron's CDF...not as bad as En Avion but with a competing clove note of some type.
    Flowerbomb smelled just Hanae Mori for men, to me at least. Very very sweet and cotton candyish...a little too much.
    Well I waas hoping for something extraordinary from En Avion and LA's FdO(due to the price) but oh well.

Ladylonestar

Default Re: New Samples

Quote Originally Posted by Noseorgy
    Well I just got L'Artisan's Fleur d'Oranger and Verte Violette along with Caron's En Avion and Coup De Fouet and Flowebomb by V&R.
    Sorry ladies but I wouldn't want my lady smelling like any of these :-X
    Fair enough. *You're honest. *I wonder though if you wouldn't change your mind if you did happen to smell any one of these fragrances on a woman. *There are some men's fragrances that I think smell awful on my skin, but on a man... OMG they're breathtaking. *There are also some women's fragrances that smell awful on me but divine on another woman.

This one time, at band camp... No, just teasing. *;D *But seriously, one evening a couple of years ago, I was standing in a fairly long line at the Estee Lauder counter, it was close to closing time and I still hadn't been assisted yet I very much wanted to sample Dolce & Gabanna but I didn't want to get out of line at the EL counter, so I asked my husband to go and have the SA in fine fragrances spray some on him and then come back to me so I could smell it and decide if I wanted it. (That was a reeeeally long sentence, wasn't it?) *Well, he came back and I sniffed it and it was positively horrid -- just like Raid ant and roach poison. *So I didn't buy it. *Sometime later I finally got to sample it on my own skin and... guess what? *Gorgeous!

I liked the scents except the Caron ones (and the flowerbomb) and I really don't see how those scents could smell any better but...
    I just love women to smell like flowers. *Maybe it gets in the way of my appreciation for other more complex frags, but I can live with that.
    I totally agree with what you are saying though. *If it smells good I will like it, even if I didn't like it on my skin at first. *
    One example is Angel. *I didn't like that one at all and asked a girl at work what she was wearing and she said Angel...DOH!
    Actually now that I have had on the scents for awhile on my hands, the drydowns of the Carons isn't all that bad. *En Avion is still not to my liking though. *The LA's are still the same.

Let me guess, you are big fan of those Caron frags, right?

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by Noseorgy
    Let me guess, you are big fan of those Caron frags, right?
    ;D ;D You found me out! ;D

No. Well, I think I might have a small decant of En Avion but I don't recall having one of Coup de Fouet. A major move and a major evacuation followed by the holidays -- I haven't had a chance to reorganize. I've been wanting Verte Violette for awhile -- I'm a violet-lover. I've sampled Flowerbomb but I've misplaced my sample. I recall being surprised that I liked it, however.

I was just mainly pondering whether or not you might find the fragrances more appealing on your lady. Thaz all.

[quote author=Ladylonestar link=1137029091/0#3 date=1137191852
    I was just mainly pondering whether or not you might find the fragrances more appealing on your lady. *Thaz all. *[/quote]
    No lady as of present time, but when I do she will have quite a surprise when she opens up my bathroom cupboards. (OK that might have sounded weird) I have full bottles of Ce Soir ou Jamais EDP, Fleur de The Rose Bulgare, Le Jasmin, Mimosa pour moi, La Chasse aux Papillons and Highland Lilac just waiting to be tried out ;D
    No samples though, as after I smell them I give them away to co-workers.