Code of Conduct

Default Agatha Brown Imperial Jade Empress

Hey! What a surprise! This is an oriental made just for me!! It is light, citrus/soft lemon up top,quite sweet, with jasmine and cinnamin (no indolic heaviness in that jasmine) and a drydown I thought must be tonka bean because it's vanillic and slightly powdery. I wore it a couple days in a row and realized it would be good in summer for an average oriental lover. And good for me in winter as a floral lover.

The Mystery of Agatha by the way, starts off clear water fruit-- I could not id it. It is a spicier, more traditional oriental, the top note hangs in there for a long time over a *definite* clove and other spices. It was also very pleasing and interesting. It gave me a very two layer feel with the clear, not sweet fruit note over deep and rich spices.

If anyone else has tried these, I'd appreciate your comments, esp. on the fruit note of Mystery of A.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Default Re: Agatha Brown Imperial Jade Empress

i like empress quite a bit. it also goes very well with the men's "imperial jade emperor" as a his/her set. mystery is good too, but for some reason did not make much of an impression on me.
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Ladylonestar

I've got to find samples of these. Agatha Brown sounds like such a lovely woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylonestar
    I've got to find samples of these. Agatha Brown sounds like such a lovely woman.
    lady, you can get samples from Setamp. a while ago, he was kind enough to offer them for the mere cost of shipping and vials. i don't know if he has any left, but you could ask.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Basenotes Plus

Agatha Brown is a treasure!

I just received my order of Agatha & Imperial Jade Empress. The are both well worth having in any serious fragrance collection.

Stunning! I'll write my revie of each once I've "lived" with them awhile. liquid's comment about Mystery has me interested in that one two. I'd LOVE samples of the two men's frags.

RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme