Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New: Nanette Lapore's Shanghai Butterfly.

Exerpt from WWD.com

The designer and her fragrance licensee, Riviera Concepts, will launch Shanghai Butterfly, Lepore's second effort, in April.

The juice, by Ungerer & Co.'s Hugh Spencer, has top notes of lemon slice, mandarin, green snow apple and spicy carnation, and a heart of poet's jasmine, lily of the valley, gardenia and crimson whisper rose. The base notes are of blond woods, green cedar, Siberian musk and sandalwood.

The Shanghai Butterfly bottle has the same silhouette as Lepore's first fragrance, a half-moon shape of opaque glass. The new scent's eaux de parfum bottles are tinted jade green with gold accents; the parfum's bottle is shaded a rich gold. Outer packaging is of jade green with accents of fans, perfume bottles and flowers.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New: Nanette Lapore's Shanghai Butterfly.

Thanks Ced-e,
    I'm quite fond of her first frag "nanette lepore" by Andrea Gerson.

Top: moonstone rose, white peach, white cranberry
    Middle: magenta nector, ripe black current, orange jasmine, Persian lime juice
    Base: crushed violet petal

I'll certainly give this one a try as well, though it does't sound as much up my alley. One thing I've learned at basenotes:

YOU NEVER CAN TELL !!!!!!!
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Post Thanks / Like

This new fragrance of hers sounds like it will be awesome. I enjoyed wearing her first scent when it first came out and will enjoy this one hopefully. Actually, i have a funny story regarding her first scent. Me and a girlfriend were out eating dinner and i was wearing nannete lepore. I sprayed quite a bit on because i thought it was rather light. There were two women at the table next to us who kept looking towards the table me and my girlfriend were sitting at. As those women were leaving one of them leaned over the railing and said directly to us "Yall must be wearing some strong perfume" LOL!!!! The girl i was out with was mortified because she knows how i like to apply scent. She didnt want anyone to think it was her who was perfuming up the place. I thought it was hilarious though.
    Awesomeguy

Quote Originally Posted by rosbergs3
    I sprayed quite a bit on because i thought it was rather light. *There were two women at the table next to us who kept looking towards the table me and my girlfriend were sitting at. *As those women were leaving one of them leaned over the railing and said directly to us "Yall must be wearing some strong perfume"
    I'm wearing this today, and I've been reaching for this one more often recently than in the past year. I think it's the BBW cranberry lotion I've been using lately. This perfume goes so well with it; I guess it's because of the white cranberry note in it. I actually had hardly worn it before now because even though it seems like a light fragrance, it IS quite strong. I found it overpowering and almost abrasive and it reminded me of sticky, sweet jam. But layering with the BBW lotion seems to soften it, and I only use one or two spritzes.