Code of Conduct

Default Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant

Does anyone own this? Is it as good as the reviews say it is?

I'm hoping this will be one for the "keeper" section

I need the strength and staying power....I've read it has this. I'm also a smoker, so I like scents that tend to drown out and compliment the smoky smell.....Yes, I know BAD habit, just not going to quit anytime soon. :P

Default Re: Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant

It's very special. On of the first fragrances with Lolita Lempicka that used licorice as a main note. If Lolita is sweet with the violets, L'Elephant is spicy. It's strong and longlasting but not as heavy as other orientals as it contains not as much amber or vanilla. Mr Kenzo Takada collects lucky elephants, he often used them in his designs for good luck ( only elephants with their trunk up bring luck). Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant was a bestseller here in Europe (especially in France) during it's 3 first years.
    The very expensive Bond n°9 Chinatown is a shameless copy of L'Elephant imho.

I also liked Kenzo Jungle Le Tigre (now discountinued) which was a mix of cinnamon, fruit and woody notes.

Thanks!!

This does sound very special indeed and cannot wait to try it. * *Spicy, strong and not sweet or heavy, sounds like it may work well for me. *I don't mind a "refresher" spray midday....but don't want to reapply more than once.

I'm not sure if anyone here visits Perfume Emporium, but they have a list of "top tens" (of all time) for Women and Men. *I may end up trying all of them, but this was my first choice from the list. *

Good to know about Chinatown. *Thanks!

This fragrance is one which you love or hate.
    It is spicy oriental: vanilla, patchouli, liqourice, cumin and cardamom. Personally, I can't stand it - for me it's too strong.
    But, love it or hate it, it has to be admited that this Jungle is unique, original and something which will always be easily recognized. I do not have to mention that it stays very long on the skin.
    My suggestion is to test it first.
    It is available in deospray and body lotion in some countries.
    Hope it was helpful.

Very helpful, Thank you!

I think I'll like this simply for the strength and nothing else.

While the chypres were good to me once, for some reason, not so good anymore. I'm hoping the stronger oriental will do me justice

This is a really good spicy fragrance. It reminds me a little of Dinner by Bobo.

I'm not familiar with "Dinner"........have to give it a sniff!!