Code of Conduct

Default why don't ladies like Amouage

I love amouage dia and eu de amouage on my wife. especially the later.

I can't figure out why the ladies are not crazy for dia. I sold a ton of dia for christmas, but in general it is a slow seller. I am out of the part time business end now, but still don't understand this.

I love love love Dia for Women. Sometimes I make my wife apply a little before we go to bed just so I can fall asleep with it around. I do like Creed Spring Flower, but the softy lofty notes are not doing it for me lately. I want her to have a scent that makes me want to grab her. Live clive x. Now that is a grab me and throw me in the sack kind of scent. Well, it is.

I am sure price is a barrier. 240$ a full bottle ain't cheap. What gives? Does the frankensense not appeal? I got stuck with a few large bottles.

Happy new year's ladies. I hope you find many perfect scents in the upcoming year!

Default Re: why don't ladies like Amouage

Sorry but I find your comment 'I sometimes make my wife wear it to bed.' Uncomfortable to say the least. No one should be made to wear anything,they should be able to wear it if they WANT to.

Firstly quite a few of us really dislike Clive Christain well known kitchen designer,because of the slaughter of Crown Perfumey. Bought the company out for the crown design on the bottles which were the company trade mark,then discontinued the whole Crown Perfumery range!

As for Amouage range,sorry I just dislike the fragrances. The only one I like is Ubar,which is a lovely warm oriental. The others I just find boring!
    DONNA

Eeek

He might not have meant it that way.

I find the original Amouage (sp?) smells a little like Chaps which reminds me of my gym teacher in middle school.

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by donna255
    Sorry but I find your comment 'I sometimes make my wife wear it to bed.' Uncomfortable to say the least. No one should be made to wear anything,they should be able to wear it if they WANT to.
    Yeah, I'm with Donna. It's kind of hard to get past this scenario to get to the rest of your questions, Randman. :-X But... I'll give it a shot.

I haven't tried Eau de Amouage. I have a sample of Amouage Gold, which I also haven't tried. I have a small atomizer (or two) of Dia. I like it just fine, but I don't love it so I have no interest in buying it or wearing it often. I find it intensely floral, intensely sweet, but I don't find the frankincense. ??? I also find it *somewhat* similar to vintage Madame Rochas. That may sound strange, but I keep picking up something very familiar in Dia. So, since I'm not completely in love with Dia, I haven't found the need to purchase (yet).

"Sometimes I make my wife apply a little before we go to bed just so I can fall asleep with it around."

It could be an American speach thing -- we say make, when we really mean ask.

The price is certainly a deterent for me. For that kind of money, I can have a smaller size pure parfum plus several ancillary products in another brand.

That said, does Neiman Marcus carry these or is it even more exclusive than that? I'd like to hunt these down in Chicago and sniff them if possible.

I'd be thrilled if my hubby asked me to wear a certain scent to bed. He knows I love perfume, but really doesn't seem to care one way or the other about what I'm wearing as long as it's not "too perfumey". I mostly wear Angel hand lotion & a spritz of edp on my wrists to bed and he doesn't seem to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by High_Tech_Radiance
    "Sometimes I make my wife apply a little before we go to bed just so I can fall asleep with it around."

It could be an American speach thing -- we say make, when we really mean ask.

The price is certainly a deterent for me. For that kind of money, I can have a smaller size pure parfum plus several ancillary products in another brand.

That said, does Neiman Marcus carry these or is it even more exclusive than that? I'd like to hunt these down in Chicago and sniff them if possible.
    Neiman Marcus doesn't sell it, I wasn't able to find any store in Chicago that sells it. You can go to their website and request free samples.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Can't say anything about Amouage scents because when I received my samples (gave Aus Liebe zum Duft George a carte blanche as I sometimes do) and saw the price for full bottles I passed my samples on to a friend without even testing them!

So yes, at least in my case the price really was a barrier.

(my "official" limit is 100 , I've broken this rule twice: with Caron Nuit de Nol parfum and PotL Luctor et Emergo parfum, have absolutely NO regrets for neither purchase)
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darber muss man schreiben."

Come on ladies, lighten up! It could be worse. He could have made his wife wear J-LO. Hey maybe she promised to love,honor,and OBEY.

Does anyone know what the primary notes are? This is the first I've heard of this fragrance and my interest is piqued. Modified to add: I found a list of some of the notes : Top Notes: Aldehydes, Cyclamen, Bergamot Calabria, Violet leaves, Fig, Sage, Tarragon. Heart Notes: Bush Peach Blossoms, Rose Oil Turkey, Orange Flower, Peony, Orris. Base: Gaiac Wood, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Incense, Vanilla, Heliotrope, White Musk.
    It does sound very nice, but a tad pricey ($235 for 1.7oz at perfumesraffy)

Both myself and my wife really liked the Eau d' Amouage sample
    She is actually wearing the Ciel today...I like 'em all with the exception of Gold and I haven't had the pleasure to sample Ubar yet. Although, The gold for women is much better than the one for men. I feel a man could get by with wearing Gold for women.

Randman I never tried it maybe because Amouage is from the 80s and I would go more for actual niche scents and yes the price...now if you want to buy me a bottle and if you come to NYC I would show you how I wear it in bed...

Quote Originally Posted by Azsmells

Neiman Marcus doesn't sell it, I wasn't able to find any store in Chicago that sells it. You can go to their website and request free samples.
    I found a place in the Chicago area that carries it: Perfume World, a kiosk-type shop located at the Ford City shopping center.

I sampled it there and like it quite a lot, but it really is too expensive for me. Maybe some day, when I have money I don't know what to do with, I'll get it.

I just bought some womens Silver Crystal on Ebay
    there are 2 left.

Quote Originally Posted by randman
    What gives? Does the frankensense not appeal? I got stuck with a few large bottles.

Happy new year's ladies. I hope you find many perfect scents in the upcoming year!
    Do you still have some extra bottles?
    if so How much?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by High_Tech_Radiance

I have seen them in the city....either at Nordstroms, Saks or Neiman Marcus downtown. Give one of them a call. I know I saw them and ended up trying so much other stuff I didn't feel like falling in love with a scent that costs that much so I"ve avoided it. I'd like to give them a go, but seeing I live in Naperville, I'm lucky if I can get away with parking for only $30 so if I'm going....they better be worth my while

Good LORD! This thread is OUT OF CONTROL! :P

Someone sent me a couple samples of the Amouages (sorry don't remember which ones) and I thought the opening and heart was lovely on one in particular. Then it started drying down to a chypre and wasn't as good with my chemistry. The price is a huge detraction for sure. They seem to be beautifully crafted fragrances though and the presentation bottles are gorgeous.
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

I bought a bottle (98% full) on Ebay with intention to give to someone as a gift, but I decided to buy her something else. Now I'm stuck with it and this thread is making me worried about the prospect of selling or trading it to someone who really likes it. The bottle is quite gorgeous. I'm afraid to handle it too much. :-/

Ladylonestar

That's okay, Banzaiburger. I'm sure you'll find someone who wants... which Amouage is it?... on the swap board if you decide to swap or sell. Anyway, this thread was begun almost a year ago. Since that time I've gotten all of the Amouage samples, thanks to the kindness of fellow Basenoters, and I look forward to sampling all of them thoroughly after the Holidays.

Thanks Ladylonestar. It's the Ladies Amouage Dia that I bought.

I've tried Amouage Gold, Dia, Eau D'Amouage, Ciel.
    While AG and Dia were perfectly fine, even nice, the price kept me from seriously considering them. For a cheaper price, I can wear something I like just as well, that smells just as refined. Bottom line - it's not special enough to warrant that type of price.

Yeah, I'm with Donna. *It's kind of hard to get past this scenario to get to the rest of your questions, Randman. * But... I'll give it a shot.

If my wife refuses to wear a certain scent to bed, I just spray it on her while she's asleep...

Preferably in her eyes...