Code of Conduct

Default Hi fellow scent lovers!!  Newbie....

and I am SO SO SO very thrilled to find a place I can discuss my obsession!! I've been a scent lover from as far back as I can remember.

My firsts were the classics:

Fendi, First, Dioressence, Chanel No. 5., Shalimar, Habanita, Fidji (in my 20's)

I experimented with:

Bal a Versailles, Mystere de Rochas, and Coco Chanel. (in my 30's)

Most recent years:

Burberry London, Dolce and Gabanna, Dior Addict (in my 40's now)

Current collection includes:

Gucci Rush (Summer)
    Dior Addict
    Coco
    Allure
    Dolce and Gabanna
    Shalimar
    Fendi
    Knowing
    Paloma Picasso
    Very Sexy 2
    Burberry London

I'm always on the prowl for the right fragrance that screams this is ME!!

I have received compliments for Knowing, Paloma Picasso, Dolce and Gabanna, and Burberry London, Mystere de Rochas.

Recently, NOONE compliments me on my fragrance and I hate that! I invest in fragrance for myself and for others to smell, if they can't, what a waste!!

I have been doing lots of looking around and have finally settled on a bottle of Kenzo L'Elephant....it got rave reviews on the sites I found it, so I just thought why not?

I tend to do best with orientals and chypres. I like a sharp but somewhat sweet fragrance.

Any ideas for others I should try? I'm not really into the mass marketing of the "newest" scents unless they suit me. The recent trend of "water" and "fresh" don't do it for me at all.

So glad to be here and look forward to chatting!!

Default Re: Hi fellow scent lovers!! *Newbie....

Hello Magnolia and welcome!
    'I am not difficult, I am definite!' - Hedy Lamarr

Thanks!

I look forward to getting to know everyone here. I'm SO excited ;D

Welcome to PERFUME HEAVEN! Cut up your credit cards QUICK!! ;D

Oh goodness....I'm such an addict already, didn't think about how much MORE I will spend when learning about new and different fragrances!!

Blog Entries

Hi there Magnolia! Welcome. *;D

I am a total Chypre & Oriental girl though I adore most perfumes and men's EDts too! No scent is safe from me ... *;D

If you like.............try...............:

Paloma Picasso / Mystere de Rochas = Halston Original, Givenchy III, Niki de Saint Phalle, Laura Biagiotti Roma, La Perla, Aromatics Elixir

Dioressence = Karl Lagerfeld KL, Dana Tabu, Bal a Versailles, Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant (If you don't like that baby just send it trumpeting over here- I'll give it a loving home!) *

Shalimar = Emeraude, Sublime, Moschino (Original), Must de Cartier

Knowing = Chanel No 19

& perfect at this time of year some sharp, spicy, sweet scents (vanilla and spice) = Donna Karan Black Cashmere, Fendi Theorema, Diesel Zero Plus masculine (cheap as chips), Organza Indecence, TBS Cinnamon Spice / Woody Sandalwood / Vanilla (which is spicy on my skin, especially layered over their limited edition Vanilla Spice products)

A nice alternative to all the vanilla, green and spice is the softly green floral chypre TBS Japanese Musk oil which is beautiful layered with any of the other TBS oils I've mentioned. Very clean and fresh (but totally not ozonic or aquatic), warm and comforting - perfect for any and all occasions.

That should be plenty enough for you to be playing with for now! LOL Hope it helped! * *

Have fun!
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Ladylonestar

Hi, Magnolia. Welcome to Basenotes! [smiley=beer.gif] Thanks for giving us a little info on yourself.

Let's see if I have some words of advice for you. Yes. Yes, I do. It's your lucky day! ;D Or not, depending on how you view the advice given by others.

Number One: If you see a negative opinion of one of your favorite fragrances, please don't let it break your heart or make you angry. I would say don't take it personally but, of course, you will. Most of us do because, afterall, fragrance is personal.

Number Two: If you see a rave review (or ten or twenty) of a fragrance you've never smelled, resist the temptation to rush out and buy a full bottle! Try to find decants and samples first. This will save you some heartbreak and most likely lots of money. So... don't ever say you weren't warned.

Number Three: Enjoy yourself!

Default Re: Hi fellow scent lovers!!  Newbie....

Welcome! You're in like minded company here, and you'll be able to swap and try before you buy. I

am mostly getting samples from the net, ebay and such but basenotes has a marketplace feature I need to

explore. I am happy to recommend Dragonfly Scent Me and You Smell Marvelous as my favorite purveyors

of decants and samples. I am not fond of orientals and like dry fragrances, so if you have any dissappoinments

they'll be right up my alley!!! I should update my decant /swap wardrobe, which is blank right now. See ya

round!!
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Wow......sounds like we like many of the same moondeva! There are quite a few on your list that I've been wanting to try:

Niki de Saint Phalle
    Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant (on it's way!)
    Moschino
    Chanel 19
    Organza Indecence

As for sampling......I'm lucky enough to live in the same city "Classic Fragrances" is located and I am able to get a VERY good size spray sampler for around $15.00. Refills are around $10. All depends on the ones I choose. This helps tremendously when I'm just unsure of something, though I don't mind buying some sight unseen (or scent unsmelled :-?) if the reviews are great.

Dragonfly and You Smell Marvelous: web sites? Have to check those out too!

How fun is this to talk to others who have the same obsession. Not everyone "gets" it! My Mom did and I got this little habit from her, but she died a few years back.....and have had noone else to share with. Love going on "sniffing" outings

Great site!

happy is the bleu heart<3

Welcome to Basenotes! We share a few favorites (Addict, Shalimar, Habanita, Dioressence). I'm sure you will be so tempted to try many, many more ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Default Re: Hi fellow scent lovers!!  Newbie....

Welcome to the Basenotes! What a group of spirited people we are! Please have fun and post often.

LADYLONESTAR IS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all!

Thanks for the tips and welcomes!!

I think I've learned something new today....just reading about other fragrances and trying to pinpoint just what the &quot;it&quot; factor is for me.

The top 3 perfumes I've received compliments on (in the past) are Knowing, Paloma Picasso and Burberry's. *The one common ingredient in all of them is oakmoss. *

Hmmm.......learning new stuff already. *