Code of Conduct

Default Tomorrow is my birthday and I need advice.

OK...I live in a warm climate. In fact, I wore a t-shirt today because it was so nice outside. The question I have is what to buy myself for my birthday. I am a soon to be 44 year old guy living in Mexico and love fragrances that might be considered heavy, like Escada Casual Friday, CDG Avignon, L'artisan Voleur de Roses. Since I don't have anybody to buy me a present, I thought I would ask the Women's side about ideas.

I should probably get a lighter scent that I will wear more days of the year since it's only cold for a couple of months out of the year where I live. I really thought about getting Helmut Lang Cuiron (another heavy) but then I start to doubt the practicality of it.

Suggestions?

Kelley in San Miguel de Allende

Ladylonestar

Default Re: Tomorrow is my birthday and I need advice.

Well, happy birthday, Paintrman! [smiley=beer.gif]

When it comes to giving advice on men's fragrances, I defer to the experts -- the men! Having said that, I can tell you a few that I like that I think are somewhat *light* -- Bond No. 9 Hamptons, Live Jazz, Yohji Homme, John Varvatos (though this might be considered a little heavy), Eau de Cartier, Hermes Un Jardin sur le Nil...

Thanks Ladylonestar...I will check them out! Thanks again.

Kelley

Happy Birthday, Paintrman!

Please check Hermes Bel Ami and D&G pour Homme.

Try Dior Homme.
    Happy Birthday!
    'I am not difficult, I am definite!' - Hedy Lamarr

hate to be cheap here after all the high end i've tried but MY DH smells best in givenchy pour homme (the maroon top) and the popular pi (also by givenchy)---what are you doing in mexico? my sister spent 16 years down there--lastly in oaxaca :
    made enough money to buy miami but i pissed it away so fast (jimmy buffett) on perfume (my daughter's addition)

Hi Kelley!

I think Rive Gauche pour homme and also Rive Gauche pour homme light are pretty nice.

Happy birthday! * *[smiley=birthdays.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]

Musse
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Have a wonderful birthday, paintman ;D I know very little about men's fragrances since my husband's choice is very limited. However, the El Cheapo Z-14 brings back some neck sniffing recollections of days gone by. Couldn't resist the stuff. I personally don't like strong scents on men. : Enjoy your special day - it's yours to do so!
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

Thanks for all the advice! b94new, thanks for asking. I am an artist and run my own gallery. You can check out my work at www.kelleyvandiver.com. I also have a blog with pictures of the gallery. I love it here but there aren't many people my age here. Lots of retired people.

Thanks again.

Kelley

summer means fireflys

WOW!! I love your paintings! And imagine my surprise to see that you are a fan of Gooding! Me too!

As for fragrances, why own something light if you don't really like it? Really you CAN wear anything you like in any sort of climate, IMO. But I will second the Dior Homme that was already mentioned. MMmm really really nice!

Happy birthday!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Ladylonestar

I visited some websites on San Miguel de Allende and immediately Hermes Eau des Merveilles and Balmain's Vent Vert came to mind. Both (mistakenly) marketed to women but are definitely unisexy. Also, after visiting your own amazing website, I suspect you may well appreciate Creed's Angelique Encens (which simply is, to me, the voice of Enya) as well as Molinard's Habanita and Etro's Messe de Minuit.

Thanks to you all for your amazing suggestions. It looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me. I am not sure how I will find all of these to try out but I promise I will!

Kelley