Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Help! Irrational lemmings loose in the body shop!!

It all began innocently when I, truly in the spirit of perfume science, layered the sweet chocolate of TBS Amorito under the divine spice musk of FM Musc Ravageur and got - heaven! I then followed a nostalgia lemming and purchased off of ebay a bottle of Japanese musk perfume oil which is now discontinued and which used to be a sig of mine at an important time in my life - so of course I had to buy two! :-X Then came Vanilla for layering with Must de Cartier...then wearing alone.

Then I discovered their Woody Sandalwood oil, which I bought blind and would now sell my granny for...

I am finding this very perplexing as I previously dismissed TBS perfumes / oils as too insipid and 'clean' smelling and yet here I am very swiftly building up a small body shop perfume collection of my very own!!!

So far I am loving:

Passionflower EDP / perfume oil = very light floral perfect for summer

Pink Pepper EDP / Perfume oil = gorgeous fruity perfume, to me it is Dewberry without the patchouli & musk base notes!

Tobaccoflower EDT / body cream = gorgeous smoky (clean blond tobacco) floral, light but with a longlasting fruity warmth on drydown.

Woody Sandalwood perfume oil = pure sandalwood heaven. What I had hoped Bois des Iles would be, unfortunately doesn't last long enough on me. Delicious whilst it lingers very creamy and loads of spice - my wrist is permanently attached to my nose when I wear this... yum! please send all abandoned neglected bottles of this elixir (and any others) to the TBS perfume oils sanctuary c/o moondeva thank you!

Other lemmings planning a day trip to Dover are:

Dewberry perfume oil
    Satsuma perfume oil
    Vanilla perfume oil
    Ananya perfume oil
    Tea Rose perfume oil
    Lemon Tea EDP & perfume oil
    Mostly musk perfume oil
    Coconut perfume oil
    Patchouli perfume oil
    Amorito EDP
    Altaro EDP
    Vanilla EDP
    the list goes on and on!!!

Can anyone help me?
    What does it all mean?
    Have I finally gone perfume loco? :
    But most importantly does anyone know where I can satisfy these lemmings affordably?? ;D

Thanks in advance...
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Default Re: Help! Irrational lemmings loose in the body sh

LOL - there's no doubt. The lemmings are loose.

I haven't tried any Body Shop fragrances, and have barely heard of them. Woody Sandalwood sounds wonderful though, and since you're chemistry is somewhat close to mine, I'm going to have to sample it, I'm afraid... sigh. So strange it's not long lasting with that name.

How do you control the compulsion without bankrupting the pocketbook? Others are far more experienced than me at that trick, but I buy lots of samples, primarily off ebay, Lucky Scents, Beauty Habit, Luscious Cargo, Aedes De Venustas, Perfume Bay, etc So many fragrances are eliminated at that level it becomes more manageable. But my Christmas list is large, and I've had to wait a long time to fulfill some of my perfume desires. My Want-To-Sample list is absolutely huge!

It really helped when I discovered, like you, I adore chypres. That helped me to narrow in on ones that might actually work on my skin! But then, again... I notice I now have this huge list of chypre must-tries!

hmmm. Whenever I fell in love with anything from TBS they would consistently double the price then discontinue it. I hope you have better luck, the sandalwood one does sound lovely. Sorry not to be more helpful.

I've never gotten up the nerve to try any of the TBS fragrances, though I have smelled Ananya on someone else and found it lovely.
    Now that I've tried their Vanilla Spice Body Butter and fell in love with it, I think it might be worthwhile experimenting with their Invent Your Own Scent sampler pack. Hmmmm

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flathorn
    LOL - there's no doubt. The lemmings are loose.

I haven't tried any Body Shop fragrances, and have barely heard of them. Woody Sandalwood sounds wonderful though, and since you're chemistry is somewhat close to mine, I'm going to have to sample it, I'm afraid... sigh. So strange it's not long lasting with that name.

How do you control the compulsion without bankrupting the pocketbook? Others are far more experienced than me at that trick, but I buy lots of samples, primarily off ebay, Lucky Scents, *Beauty Habit, Luscious Cargo, Aedes De Venustas, Perfume Bay, etc So many fragrances are eliminated at that level it becomes more manageable. But *my Christmas list is large, and I've had to wait a long time to fulfill some of my perfume desires. My Want-To-Sample list is absolutely huge!

It really helped when I discovered, like you, I adore chypres. That helped me to narrow in on ones that might actually work on my skin! *But then, again... I notice I now have this huge list of chypre must-tries!
    ditto! However being stuck here in old Blighty (UK) I am not able to bankrupt myself through any of the sites you mention as they either don't post to the UK or s&h is twice as much as the item ordered - way to expensive for my already battered purse... >

In the next few weeks I shall be ordering some sample vials when I get them (they usually take 2 weeks to arrive but may take three due to Christmas). when I get them maybe we can arrange to do some swaps - a may be able to stretch to a decant as well...

Most of the oils I am lemming are actually discontinued in the UK and I have been relentless trawling ebay to get my supplies. You can still get quite a few in Canada and the USA still though. I recommend the 'invent your own scent range' as it allows a level of originality and encorages experimentation with many scents. I adore the Amorito in the range which is vanilla chocolate and jasmine. It smells like rich milk belgian chocolate but also manages not to be cloying or sickly. yum :P

Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *