Code of Conduct

Thread: Mariella Burani

Default Mariella Burani

Do any of you use Mariella Burani *:P ? *It's my favorite "female" scent but I also use the male version and just wondered if any of y'all had tried it.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Default Re: Mariella Burani

Went through a 1/4 bottle or so a few years ago and then traded it on. It was a pretty enough scent, kind of coconut/soft/floral/powdery on me. There was something about it that just sort of laid flat on my skin though. It didn't really excite me or make me feel much of anything. I tend to need my perfumes to make me feel something- anything. This one felt way too neutral I guess.
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

Ladylonestar

I was introduced to Mariella Burani by way of a miniature -- a miniature that leaked out into its own little salmon-colored box which successfully absorbed the liquid, keeping it from actually getting on other fragrances in the large package. But, OMG! The scent was heavenly. I loved it immediately and ordered a large bottle. I wore it quite a bit a couple of years ago. Last year, however, I had some difficulty with it, most likely my own fault due to major surgery, followed by the flu, followed by an upper respiratory infection. This past summer, while packing up my fragrances for a move to a new house, I spritzed some Mariella Burani and swooned from its loveliness, yet I'm fairly certain that once I finish this large bottle I won't repurchase.

Classified as a floral/fruity, it's not at all like most of the floral/fruity fragrances that have been launched in the last few years -- this one actually has depth and interest and is mercifully spared that obnoxious, cheap-smelling, ultra-sweet fake musky odor. I find it very difficult to dissect Mariella Burani, note by note, through development. It's a beautiful blend and one where I'm more aware of composition -- citrus fruit, florals, woods -- I sense, feel, the notes more than smell them individually. While it's enormously aldehydic on opening, Mariella Burani dries into a dreamy, powdery (mossy and almost dusty), vanillic-woody floral fragrance.

Lawdy Ms LLS, your description make's me want to rush home and just wallow in it for a while ;D I agree it's an "oldy but a goody". I like the female version better than the male's and their lotion is also great.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightninrod
    Lawdy Ms LLS, your description make's me want to rush home and just wallow in it for a while ;D
    Okay. You enjoy yourself now. ;D ;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by Lightninrod
    I agree it's an "oldy but a goody".
    Or... refreshingly unmodern.

I tried a sample of MB after reading this thread. It really is a delightful scent - softly wooded fruity-floral, powdered and feminine. It seems versatile, like you could wear it for daytime or evening. I have real problems with modern florals, so I was pleased to find I had none with this one.
    I also tried her Mariella, but got synthetic vapors off that one.