Code of Conduct

Default Which Christmas gift set would you pick?

If you were to buy one of these three, which one would you choose and why?
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: Which Christmas gift set would you pick?

MyQueen, because I don´t care for Euphoria, and although I could wear Alein ( and maybe will ), from the notes I think than MyQueen will be sth for me ( haven´t sniffed it though )

I don't think I'd be interested in any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by glorious1
    I don't think I'd be interested in any of them.
    I said if, dear Glo...

I'm still waiting for my Alien sample to arrive I ordered one online from the company during their sample giveaway and it hasn't arrived yet...

I tested all three in September, MyQueen hasn't landed in Finland yet but is available in Tallinn and on some Baltic Sea cruisers. Powdery, "old-fashioned" violet scent, on the sweet side, quite pleasant if not earth-moving. Mr Tigs gave it one of his one-word reviews: "vanilla". ;D

On Saturday night at a housewarming party a friend was wearing Alien, I was surprised how instantly recognisable it was! But her taste in perfume (and her skin chemistry, she's the one who sold her Yohji to me because it allegedly smelled like sick on her! ) is usually miles away from mine so... :

My first impression of Euphoria was not good but the drydown is surprisingly nice. But I must say I prefer the good old Obsession. :-*

So it looks like my choice would be MyQueen, if I were to purchase one of these three.

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka
    My first impression of Euphoria was not good but the drydown is surprisingly nice. But I must say I prefer the good old Obsession. :-*
    Oh my goodness, Obsession! Don't let my SO hear that - he would be buying a plane ticket to wherever you are just to smell you...

What picks!
    I wouldn't want any of those, even if I've got them for free...
    The pomegranate note in Euphoria is kinda nice though, but just a little bit nice...
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

Ladylonestar

Well... I haven't gotten to sample Alien yet. But between Euphoria and MyQueen, definitely MyQueen. The only reason I can give is that I just like MyQueen so much more than Euphoria.

MyQueen based on Hebe's, et al. SotD / recommendations.

I hope the imaginary gift set comes with shower gel. That stuff is the greatest. Experienced my first gift set which included my first shower gel - filled the whole bathroom with scent. I went through the whole 6.8 oz tube in a week.

My gift set also included after-shave. I thought I'd use it as an invigorating body splash. It invigorated me to tears. It's like my mother always says, "Make sure you wear clean underwear." Especially if you are monkeying with a high alcohol-content after-shave.

MyQueen apres-rasage pour homme. Probably not a best seller.

I do not like specially any of these fragrances. My Queen is my chosice because of Alexanders MQ's fashion!

bleu autumn haze

I voted for Alien, even though I have not sniffed it yet, because I like the bottle the best of those three. The body products probably come in some kick-ass containers as well.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Quote Originally Posted by Ayala
    What picks!
    I wouldn't want any of those, even if I've got them for free...
    I say it again: I said if, dear Ayala...

I picked them simply because all three are this year's launches and was curious to see how they fared. Thanks for voting, everyone! Won't close the poll yet but it already looks like there's a winner.

Alright.....My Queen........... :

Quote Originally Posted by glorious1
    Alright.....My Queen........... :
    ;D

Thanks, Glo! :-*

I quite like it, the only thing I don't like about it is that Barbie doll accessory bottle. :-[

My Queen by default. I haven't tried Euphoria yet and Alien was a scrubber on me.

Haven't Tried My Queen yet and am hostile to Alien (but I want to like it). I almost like Euphoria. I don't think I would mind exploring a gift set of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica
    My gift set also included after-shave. I thought I'd use it as an invigorating body splash. It invigorated me to tears. It's like my mother always says, "Make sure you wear clean underwear." Especially if you are monkeying with a high alcohol-content after-shave.
    LOL! * ;D

Haven't smelled the other two, but I like Euphoria quite a bit in gel form. The spray was a bit too much of a good thing. I tried some on at the perfume counter (one quick spray on one wrist), and when my friend picked me up she had to roll down the windows of her car. MAJOR sillage on that one. The gel is nice and subtle.

I actually haven't smelled any of them- so I'm really no help. Choose Euphoria for that funky, erotic bottle. :-*
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

Haven't tried Alien yet. But definitely My Queen over Euphoria. While I find Euphoria an interesting change from so many other new releases, it just isn't me. My Queen, however, I can actually see myself wearing and enjoying.

Now there's a tie so I keep the poll still open!

Alien I don't like at all.

Euphora is not bad for a Klein but his don't seem to last long on the market these days.

MyQueen got my vote. This has all the hallmarks of a lasting classic,elegant feminine and the bottle is cool.
    DONNA

I voted for MyQueen, I enjoy it very much, in a quiet and understated way. I've not found alien to my taste at all, neither the fragrance nor the bottle, and I haven't tried Euphoria.
    Veronica - <ouch>!

And the winner is... My Queen! Thanks for voting.

Sorry I missed the boat, but I would have voted for My Queen too. Lovely soft violets; another winner for Alexander I think. That bottle is ghastly though, nice design if it were in glass, but it's a horrible milky-mauve plastic. :

If someone gave me a gift set of Alien, I'd have to pass it on to someone else, I'm afraid. I think it's just awful.