Code of Conduct
    Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Cast A Spell--tell us if you sample

LuLu Guinness has released Cast A Spell. If you get a chance to sample this or learn if there is any way to order samples, p-l-e-a-s-e share the news. Thanks. The notes look promising and complex.

From Sephora: Inspired by fairy tales like Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty, Cast a Spell is infused with a touch of wickedness, and glittery, frosted, enchanted forests, magic love potions, the richness of Baroque art, and the dance between light and dark, coolness and warmth.

Notes: Dark Berries, Frosted Blackberry Pulp, Mulberry, Red Currant, Iced Lavender, Lilac Petals, Davana Blossoms, Black Velvet Fig, Amber, Bourbon, White Patchouli.

Style: Intoxicating. Intriguing. Captivating.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...categoryId=B70
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: Cast A Spell--tell us if you sample

I wonder what 'white patchouli' is.

It does sound rather nice though.

Although it sounds like its on the feminine (subjective,i know) side,i wouldn't mind sampling this one.

Jeff
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Thanks for the info, Quarry! Sounds interesting to me too....

Oooohh I love mulberry! Can't wait to try this one

I ordered a bottle of this the day i saw it on sephora. I couldnt resist the notes and the bottle. I'm not good at describing scents or picking out individual notes but i think i can smell the bourbon in this. This is a good fall/winter scent as it is a little heavy. Good scent for strolling through a dark, snowey forest in Norway. Good scent for the Snow Queen or a powerful wizard.....or maybe even Santa Claus. But not Mrs Claus though, not feminine enough for her. Lulu's other scents have been very girly/feminine smelling. Cast a spell is not. I dont think this is as floral as her other scents have been. Its very dark and foreboding. Maybe a little like Nu???? I have not read anything that says Cast a Spell is for women, although i imagine it is. But if there is a scent in her line that could be worn by a guy, it would be this one.
    Awesomeguy

My local Sephora had this on the shelves and I sampled yesterday...it is pretty good.
    Definitely on the feminine side...soft and berry-like. Once my daughter saw the web description...she said "I WANT THAT ONE"
    So maybe for Christmas...it is a very nice smell.

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc
    I wonder what 'white patchouli' is.

It does sound rather nice though.

Although it sounds like its on the feminine (subjective,i know) side,i wouldn't mind sampling this one.

Jeff
    White patchouli: They are probably referring to a light patchouli. There are basically 2 versions of patchouli that perfumers use.

Light: this is a clear (amber-colored) easy to pour essential oil, it is sweet, dry and woody.
    Dark: this is dark, viscous, really hard to pour, it is less refined than the "white". The odor is sweet, woody-musty and almost sickening, this is also known as "native" i.e. distilled in Asia.

Anyway, I sampled Cast a Spell at Nordstrom's about a week ago. It is lighter than I expected (I expected a heavy scent) especially with all the berries and amber. I am going to have to try it again before I make a final judgement though, because I ended up wearing about 4 different scents.