Code of Conduct

Default Scented body powder

Please, answer my question that has been bugging me for a long time.

Are there any fans of scented body powders here? If so, what are they used for?

My understanding is that people use them for the whole body to keep the fragrance last longer or bring forward nuances of the scent that may be not so emphasized in the EDT/EDP The lotion part I do understand, because my skin tends to be somewhat normal to dry, and I use lotions for moisturising (legs, arms, chest). Like, Maja, I use the soap, the lotion and the fragrance, and overall I am pleased with the effect. Well, and our bathroom smells great too! Would not the powders make the skin dryer? Or, do lotions counter-balance the effect of the powder? Does the powder leave the white trace on the skin and on the darker clothes?

Also, are there any good body powders out there?

I hope, it is not too many questions per one post. ;D

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Scented body powder

I'm guessing, from the sparsity of responses, that folks aren't using powders very much. I have just some musk powder which I use primarily for the, shall we call it, "panty region," especially during warm weather. It make me feel fresher without running interference with whatever scent I'm wearing, plus, it doesn't convey that "baby changing table" quality of regular powder. If I would come across any other simple-scented powders that complemented my frag wardrobe, I'd certainly add them.

Hope more people contribute to this discussion with their experiences and recommendations.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I don't use scented body powder often. The ones I like: Youth Dew, Burt's Bees (which is actually a baby product but it smells soooo good) and Maja.

I love body powders. Halston powder is enough all by itself. Maja is soft and blends with most other scents. Also love Oscar and wish I had Opium and Shalimar as a dust. They are not as plentiful as the lotions these days.

I love body powders in the summertime months; I use them like talc. They help keep me dry and fresh -- and smell great, too. But I also have dry skin, so I don't use them really the rest of the year (unless I run out of deodorant).

Another fan of body powders here. I love all kinds of body products. I use them all over for extra layering or soft fragrance for bedtime.
    I am currently down to Fracas body powder, but adore Arpege which is sadly mostly unavailable here.
    'I am not difficult, I am definite!' - Hedy Lamarr

I'm a powder user and use it after bathing or showering, to feel completely dry. *I don't use body lotion as I don't have dry skin and I hate that sticky feeling it gives.

For me, the powder is purely functional; I use Cuticura talc which has a small amount of fungicide etc. in it, so that one never gets sore in those important places where the skin surfaces meet like under the boobs, etc. *(Those overweight folk will know what I'm talking about). *I don't wear perfumed powder; I'd need too many different ones.

It does get onto the clothes, but I try and minimise this by brushing the excess of my skin with a towel. *Only a very fine dusting of powder is necessary.

Blog Entries

I love powder though do seem to get it every where! I am a bit wary about the scare stories around talc so prefer natural based ones like those from LUSH. Their Silky Underwear Dusting powder is a classic feminine rose / jasmine fragrance which compliments many scents without overpowering them. I use it to 'set' my natural deoderant and under breasts for drying / scent.

I do have L'Aimant talc with silk. It is a lovely sweet gentle soft rose & golden jasmine fragrance - it helped me to appreciate the actual perfume! ;D I also adore Crabtree & Evelyn Rosewater talc during the summer. It is the most beautiful moreish soliflore rose scent I have ever come across. I wear it with C&E Evelyn Rose another amazing Rose dominated scent.

I have so many perfumes it would be crazy to try and have complimentary powders for all but if I truly want a dusting powder in a certain fragrance I usually make my own. It works out much cheaper than shop bought and I can make it as strong or as subtle as I desire personally.
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Ladylonestar

I love powders, but I love powdery fragrances, so that's no surprise. Youth Dew remains one of my favorites, as well as Halston. Spellbound (discontinued) is heavenly and so is Cinnabar (available in gift set right now). Fracas, Chantilly, Emeraude... all wonderful. Two that I'm wanting right now are L'Air du Temps and Anne Pliska. While I love them, perfumed powders/talcs aren't something that I necessarily wear every day, however.

Thank you for your responses, ladies!

I went shopping the other day and saw gift sets with body powder included and was considering buying one (or two, or more... ) :-).

At our local CVS store the first display greeting the customers is the one with Coty's body powders: while Emeraude the fragrance has never appealed to me per se, I liked the powder. I also sniffed Sand & Sable and (watch out, Ladylonestar, they must have read the board back in July-August! ) Ici powders and liked them very much!

Like MoonDeva, I am a fan of Lush Silky Underwear. The texture and scent is beautiful. It works especially well with Guerlain Vetiver Pour Elle.
    These are the ingredients: Cornstarch (Zea mays), Kaolin, Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Perfume, Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides).
    "Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see." -Benjamin Franklin

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolf
    I also sniffed Sand & Sable and (watch out, Ladylonestar, they must have read the board back in July-August! ) *Ici powders and liked them very much!
    Ooooh, that's right! Sand & Sable powder is fabulous. Sand & Sable, the fragrance itself, is also fabulous -- one I don't wear often at all but one that gets me lots of compliments when I do.

Sand & Sable was my SotD that day and I also kind of forgot how good it is.

Ici fragrance is the one you were mentioning back in July-August. How rare and how underappreciated it is and how it came out as "our alternative to Angel". I have never tried it before and now I think about getting both: Ici the fragrance and Ici the powder.

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolf
    Ici fragrance is the one you were mentioning back in July-August. How rare and how underappreciated it is and how it came out as "our alternative to Angel". * *I have never tried it before and now I think about getting both: Ici the fragrance and Ici the powder.
    I did? Hmm... I'm drawing a blank. :-/ :-[

Ladylonestar

Aha! Here it is, Timberwolf.

http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...24575716/15#15

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylonestar
    I'm not sure if you can still find this one, but Coty had a fragrance called "ici". I dismissed it when it first came out but would love to re-sniff it now since I've read that it's a floral oriental with an edible background of creme caramel and chocolate. The name means "here" in French (or so I've read) and the theme of the advertising when Ici was launched was "Put it where you want to be kissed."

Don't quote me on this because I can't find my source, but I had read that "ici" was Coty's prestige mass-market commercial gourmand challenge to Mugler's very successful gourmand, Angel. Revlon would offer up "Lasting" and Lancome would offer up "Connexion" to challenge Coty's "ici". I also read that "ici" fell far short of Coty's expected success. At any rate, I'd love to sniff it again for comparison purposes if nothing else.

Good luck with your chocolate quest!

That's it! I knew it was hiding somewhere in gourmet and chocolate threads!

Blog Entries

I would also like to add that I also use scented dusting powders to:

• scent freshly made beds for family & guests
    • use to freshen shoes & trainers after wearing
    • use as 'shake & vac' to freshen / scent rooms and carpets (especially when I'm not too keen on the scent used on my body)

HTH *;D

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

HAVE YOU ALL SEEN BRITNEY SPEARS CURIOUS BODY POWDER.
    ITS ALL SPARKLY AND GIRLY. YUM YUM

Blog Entries

If you love sparkly & girly then grab some:

LUSH Bare Naked Lady - Soft Rose scented dusting powder with glitter

LUSH Candy Fluff - a gorgeous toothachingly sweet dusting powder with irridescent sparkles and glitter. Smells like a whole candyshop - mainly bazooka bubblegum & pear drops. (they also have a sparkly bright pink shower gel with the same scent)!!

;D

SOUNDS FANTASTIC
    IM GOING TO POP IN ON MONDAY AND TAKE A LOOK
    THANK YOU

Yes, I love scented powders and pick them up whenever I can. They don't have to be an exact match to be used with a fragrance, just in the same "family" will often do.

BTW, any powder with Talc, should never be used in the panty area, this has been linked to ovarian cancer, but so many powders nowadays are made without talc as manufactuers have caught on.

I mostly used powder to complement & extend my fragrance, esp on days I really want to remain dry;ie the humidty index is/will be very high!