Code of Conduct

Default Help me find a new light, musky fragrance, pls.

Oy! I'm in my fall perfume doldrums phase. Nothing appeals to me except for light, musky fragrances. I have many perfume oils, which I love but they don't have much sillage.

I'm looking for fragrances that are light, musky but not too powdery or citrusy.

Scents I've tried but don't work: Helmut Lang and Perfect Veil. Lemon and bergamot notes tend to turn sour on me. I already own Narciso Rodriguez edt and edp, Sage Pearl, Skin Musk oil, Wild Musk oil and Jovan Musk oil.

Any help/suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hound

Default Re: Help me find a new light, musky fragrance, pls

Get thyself to a "CVS" and check out Lily Prune Cotton Musk for $9.99
    I am a fan of all the fragrances you mentioned, but this one is somehow different. Soft, skin-hugging and a mix of musk and lavender. Infact, I liked it so much, I went back and bought another bottle!

Hi!

Unfortunately, my CVS doesn'y carry it but I found it @ scentiments.com. Thanks!

Serge Lutens Clair de Musc is as you describe it . Plus it's an EDP , not an oil.
    Allysha Ashley's white musk is also nice.

Zoe and Breathe from freshscentsbyterri

http://www.freshscentsterri.com/index.html

I love Jovan White Musk in the body lotion and cologne spray. It's the body lotion that I especially love. The spray is ok, but it's a little powdery. They're very good layered together. It's a clean musky scent, like you just stepped out of the shower. It gets better throughout the day and the sillage is nice. This should be available at most drug stores, and I think I've seen it at Target also.

Ladylonestar

Hound, have you tried the Coty Vanilla Musk?

Honey, look no further than Santa Maria Novella or Lorenzo Villoresi's Musk....
    Let your nose be your pilot

Thanks for the suggestions!

LLS: I used to like Vanilla Musk until I had a co-worker who seemed to bathe in it (that was it, the fragrance was ruined for me... argh!)

Blog Entries

Have you tried the unisex CKbe?
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I can't stop talking about this frag (so here's my chance to promote it again!) - please try Gaultier2. Only three notes - Amber, Vanilla, and Musk. Very light, sweet, and creamy on the skin. This could be my HG, SS etc!!!

Thanks for the suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by helg
    Serge Lutens Clair de Musc is as you describe it . Plus it's an EDP , not an oil.
    I secon Lutens CdM. I would suggest to try Montale Dew Musk which is light, veined by an floral breeze of lavender, and soft and creamy in the drydown.

I would try the cK one Scene, seriously!

It has something in common with the dry down in NR for her.

Yumsters!

Coty Vanilla Musk is nice!

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by glorious1
    Coty Vanilla Musk is nice!
    Yep. But her co-worker ruined it for her. :'(

Ladylonestar

Hey Perfume Hound Dog type person! I just thought of something. I know you're going to kill me for even suggesting this but... JLo Glow is actually a very nice... hmm... JLo Glow is not bad at all. As it dries down (on my skin) it's very soapy and clean-smelling, and a little powdery, too.

Okay, now I await your response. Be kind, Hound. ;D

Hee hee, LLS, you devil, you! I ..umm.. haven't tried Glow on my skin. I did try it on my mom and it smelled lemony on her. I honestly don't know if I can get past the fact that it's a J.Lo fragrance (I'm terrible, I know!)

I bought Jovan White Musk but haven't yet found the body lotion.

I appreciate all the suggestions.

I'm a guy and I adore musk on women. Somthing about it smells so fresh yet very sexy. I've smelled a lot musks from Jovan, to Lorenzo V.

But..........MOONLIGHT PATH from Bath & Body is my favorite by far.
    The musk is the predominate note but it stays light and fresh. Though it all, the other notes stay true as well. I even use the body wash in the shower. It's that good.

Give it a go. Get yourself one of those small bottles of lotion for about $3.50 and if you like it, get the rest of the line.

^ Love Moonlit Path! Also, Carolina Herrera 212. It's a musk/floral. Another one I like is BCBG Metro. It's kind of a sweetish floral but the drydown brings out a musk. It smells great on me IMO.

Thanks, Mason and Flowerlady for your suggestions! I'll have to give Moonlight Path a sniff.

I found Lily Prune Cotton Musk at CVS and really like it. It's light, musky and a little powdery. Perfect for work. Only $9.99, too.

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by Perfume_Hound_Dog
    I found Lily Prune Cotton Musk at CVS and really like it. *It's light, musky and a little powdery. *Perfect for work. *Only $9.99, too. *
    I found it, too, Hound. Except for the packaging, very impressive, could easily be mistaken for something exclusive IMHO. I also liked the Sublime Vanilla. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Have you tried Kiehl's Original Musk? I think this juice is exquisite

Thanks for the rec! I have and like Kiehls. I found a good musky, clean fragrance by Escentualonline.com. It's called Rain and was only $8 for a good-size roll-on oil. Much better prices than bodytime.com and escentsational.com.

For a clean, freshly-showered feeling type of musk, I always reach for "Skin Musk" (now made by Parums DeCouer & formerly by Bonne Bell). The spray EDT is a great pick-me-up but for longer lasting & lingering power the oil can't be beat. It's just so clean smelling - not too much floral or powder, but the right elements of everything.

Two others in the Egyptian Musk line, & both oils:

1. Attar Bazaar's Egyptian Musk Oil (the truer of the two)
    2. Auric Blends Egyptian Goddess
    Some of the cheaper Egyptian Musks can be a bit much, but I've found these two to be delightfully long lasting & clean.

By the way, J. Lo 'Glow' is a great scent. Not something I'd wear every day, but definitely at the top when it comes to clean smelling musks.

I second cK one Scene.
    “love lasts a long time, but burning desire, two or three weeks.”

My girlfriend wear Burberry for women and I really like it's light musky smell alot!!!!

I wouldn't call it light, but it ain't heavy or cloying either. The only fragrance I have ever bought at full retail can't be bad. The one and only Lorenzo Villoresi Musk!

I second (or third? fourth?) Serge Lutens Clair de Musc. It reminds me of a much lighter version of Jovan Musk, with something a little bit airy in it. Expensive, but maybe someone could send you a decant. Sounds to me as though you'd love it.

Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions!

I was looking for a light and kind of sweet type of musk scent and after trying several, I found the perfect one! It's Lorenzo Villoresi Musk and now you can get a smaller bottle of it at Lusciouscargo.com. I just ordered one for myself....:-) It's just beautiful and delicate, not masculine like most musks out there...