Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default what candles are you burning this fall?

i am loving diptyque santal and mousses (moss), l'artisan parfumeur pour des prunes (the most delicious scent of a golden, crispy plum tart still bubbling from the oven).

i have lorenzo villoresi olea fragrans on order, which is an osmanthus scent, and also star jasmine and papyrus from er'go candles.

does anyone have favorites to suggest? i live in one of the coldest areas of the country, and candles are absolutely essential to keeping my home warm and smelling good through the six months of winter we have!!

Blog Entries

Default Re: what candles are you burning this fall?

I currently have Witch's Brew from Yankee Candle. It smells like sweet patchouli!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Diptyque's feu de bois always for this time of year!

I'll be burning Ergo's Kiwi candle. It is THE strongest candle of their collection that I have tried (of about 7, including the solo and silver collections), more fragrant than their "more potent" scents. It can be a bit much, but it can fragrance a large room easily.

Kenzoki White Lotus Candle.

"WHITE LOTUS CANDLE
    Gentle, unctuous, voluptuous notes, a touch powdered. Let these relaxing, fragranced volutes float in the air. Let yourself be lulled."
    http://www.labullekenzo.com/labulle_ENG/candles.htm

:

MJH

I've stocked up on Rigaud's Ebene candles, so that's what I've been burning recently.

Usually Diptyque candles. but at the moment it is a Miller Harris which I bought in TKMaxx at half price. It has really good fragrance and burning. Oh its Bois Fume.
    DONNA

well, what I wish I was burning and what I actually have are 2 very different things...I was sent a Bendel Orange Flower candle so that's been burning this week, I'm getting ready to start burning a Diptyque Tuberose candle...before that it was Yankee Candle Midsummer's Night, and a friend made me some Blackberry Vanilla Musk candles that smells like Trish #9...

At the moment I'm burning the Forêts candle by Christian Tortu. It was created by Annick Goutal for Tortu and smells of forest flowers and pine.

mmmm! those all sound good--especially the forets candle! i think i'll go get that right now! i never knew that annick goutal created that. did she do all the tortu scents?

While I would like to regularly burn candles from Aedes, my pocket can't afford it. I have five or six from http://www.sweetscentscandles.com/ whose scents are a bit more sophisticated than the "big" candle companies...
    Cordially,

Serge

The Agent Provocateur candle Strip

Well at the moment Opium candle which I was given by the YSL sa.
    DONNA

Still using my Opopanax from Diptyque that I got last year.

Today I have a pumpkin pie scented candle burning. Smells like I've been baking all morning.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Plus

Archipelago Botanicals "Stonehenge" - smoked cedarwood, bergamot and amber. Marvelous. I bought this on the recommendation of a Perfume of Life member whose taste in fragrances runs similar to my own.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Chevrefeuille by Rigaud; Ebene by Rigaud (The latter's more autumnal, but I burn Chevrefeuille all year 'round.)

these days I'm burning Coing and Tilleul from Diptyque!

I have a great time and really enjoy burning just about any fragrant candle any time of the year, but have recently discovered the "orangewood" and "palmberry" soy candles from a candle house called bluewick. I am in love with orangewood!!! check it out at www.bluewick.com. I have also loved votivo red currant for what seems like forever now...

My long awaited Diptyque Feu de Bois candles came in a few weeks age and I'll use up my remaining stock of Illuminations' woodsiest scents.

Anything that smells like:

Cinnamon, sandalwood, coconut, chocolate, moss, and myrrh.

I just bought a new candle by Tyler Candle Company at a local store ( They have an actual website but it is under construction. There are also other websites that carry them). I bought Paris and it is a lovely Rose blend, very fragrant! They are unbelievably reasonable in price. It was $20 for a 22 oz. candle with a 110-130 hour burn time. The packaging is cute too. They have a lot of nice scents to choose from....I am going back for more next week

Tocca, Pushkar (agarwood)
    Voluspa, Red Amber Incense and Sawara Cypress

WoodWick: Rum Raisin
    Sniff and let sniff.

I don't really burn candles at home anymore...but I do at the office.

Apple-Cinnamon candle today.

Otto

Votivo Grapefruit-Vanilla
    a very pleasant gift from a tasteful friend
    Last edited by Magnifiscent; 7th November 2007 at 04:51 PM.

Pacifica Mandarin Lime

Blog Entries

Cranberry and Engine Starter from pocono candles
    http://www.poconocandle.com/jar.html

One of my favorite places to visit in the PA mountains; have been burning their jar candles for years now and they do prompt mail-order service, with well-packaged boxes. People who visit my home for the first time always comment on the scent in house, and are surprised that I have 3 cats and 2 dogs.
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

Cèdre d’orient by Parfums Nicolai, ambery woods with a bit of fresh pine, simply lovely. The official notes are cedar, gaïac wood, carnation, and leather. The ambery naunces must have came from the musk combined with spicy carnation. Throw is excellent although it isn't the cleanest candle I've burnt.

Big Sur - Jonathan Adler

Thumbs up Re: what candles are you burning this fall?

Diptyque, Annck Goutal and Esteban

I guess I'm pretty low-brow in comparison to others here, but these days I'm really enjoying Royal Frankincense by Yankee, Mexican Cocoa by Pacifica and Sexy Cinnamon by Trapp. (Unless I luck into an incredible buy on Rigauds or Diptyques -- and I do mean INCREDIBLE -- I simply refuse to pay more than $15.00 for a candle, especially in light of how many I burn. Rigaud's Chevrefeuille is a personal favorite, but I wait for my birthday to get that -- and then I sure as hell haven't paid for it myself.)

My favorite Trapp of all time is Rosemary Bouquet -- hands down, far and away. Orange Vanilla comes closer than any other, granted, but Rosemary Bouquet takes the cake every time.

Two other personal favorites that aren't too expensive are Havana and Plantation, both by Botanique.

Btw, tdi, I've burned many Tyler candles over the last few years. They're made not too far away (Texas) and are widely available here; their "throw" is phenomenal for soy-based candles; they're VERY reasonably priced; their scent selection is wide. Favorite Tylers include Diva, Hippie Chick, Goldleaves, Cinnabuns, Kathina and High Maintenance. Tyler's Orange Vanilla is disappointing for me, though, especially after my having been spoiled by Trapp's OV for so long now.

If you want a reasonably priced spice scent for the holidays, btw, I strongly recommend Yankee's Hanukkah fragrance, Festival of Lights.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 20th November 2007 at 04:20 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

In the office there is Indonesian Ginger by Yankee Candle burning. I will certainly miss Christmas Punch this year.....Sigh.....

Peace,

Otto
    Giving Life My All And Improving Every Day

At the moment in my cinema lounge i burn L ´Artasian Amber - wonderfull rennaisance smell like a ball room, yesterday my Diptyque Chené was on fire - very sexy subtle smell not offensive. The strongest candles which i own are Diptyque baies, Oppopanax, Tuberose and L ´Artasian Amber.

rgds

MN

Bed bath and beyond has a line of candles called Maison in some locations, I have three: Grove (which reminds me of the Archipelago Havana candle - very rich), Vanilla (not too sweet), and Blood Orange (spicy), I burn them simultaneously or in various combinations depending on my mood. They are pretty potent without breaking the piggy bank.

I'm pretty sure (but not absolutely certain) that Maison, Botanique and Archipelago candles are all made by the same company in southern California.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

For $6, you can't beat Method's holiday fragrances ... right now it's Hollyberry, not to be confused with actress mind you.
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    I'm pretty sure (but not absolutely certain) that Maison, Botanique and Archipelago candles are all made by the same company in southern California.
    I guess that would explain why Grove and Havana smell so similiar to me!

I went to the Maxx today and found a bunch of Anthousa candles for $10 a piece. Really nice candles-- kind of a steal. I got a Cypress and a Pomegranate and Mint. Great candles for throwing a scent.

I've got Yankee Mistletoe burning now, with Christmas Cookie in line next.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Flare "Evergreen" by Soular Therapy. I found this gem last fall at L.A.'s purportedly best candle shop, and it's now my favorite candle. The material quality is outstanding: soy based, very clean burning, with even consumption (i.e., you aren't left with a jar of wax-coated glass at the end, with a big wickless well in the middle--you really get your money's worth here). This line comes in several scents, but the "Evergreen" is amazing--I am especially fond of wood and cedar fragrances, and this is the best, cleanest, and most soothing evergreen I've found. I bought it for Christmas, but I burn it all fall and winter.

I bought some Catherine Memmi candles at her NY shop for 50% in August. They are quite amazing.
    I also have the giant, black Strip candle by Agent Provocateur, burning time is about 150 hours. Amazing amber and it is on sale at perfumeshop.com for $55.

From Akeewakee:

Bergamot Rose (bergamot, rose, tobacco, patchouli)
    Sandalwood Rose and Frankincense
    Earth (low odor earthy patchouli and cedar, brings the outdoors inside)

Sur la Plage

Slatkin Twig
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

When I was doing my surgery rotation, one of the nurses was selling soy candles. So I bought a few, and I really enjoyed slathering the warm soy oil on my cracked/bleeding/overwashed hands. That was years ago, and when I moved to Texas, I couldn't find anyone locally who sold soy candles. So I had to go online.

Texas Soy Candles had what I wanted. 100% pure soy. (I found that the paraffin-soy blends, one can't rub on one's hands. They just don't get that soft and mushy.) I bought a bunch of Sugar Cookie ones from them a few years ago, and am running low. When I come into some more money, I will be ordering their Vanilla-Almond for this fall.

Nothing fancy for me but its one of my favourite smells ever .... Price's anti tobacco with extracts of orange and clove . I long for an actual frag that smells the same

Catherine Memmi is closing her NY Soho store. 50% off her amazing candles - I am there!!!!

I am burning Jonathan Adler's Big Sur Candle currently.

http://www.jonathanadler.com/shop/pr...cat=374&page=1
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 3rd October 2008 at 04:35 PM.

Im using the Molton Brown Air Constellation set... 8 candles scented with fragrances from their body line. They are beautifully pakaged and smell phenomenally good!

See them here.

Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 3rd October 2008 at 04:59 PM.

Mizensir Jasmin de Chine. I love it!

I am burning Pheylonian beeswax candles.

They are considered the healthiest, cleanest and longest burning candles and made from pure cappings beeswax (the thin layer of pure beeswax used to seal in the fresh honey into each comb).

Petroleum based parafin candles (most of the rest) have numerous carcinogenic components that are released into the home when burned.

Also, the Pheylonian Beeswax Candles "supposedly" emit negative ions and promote health and wellness (negative ions are also produced by waterfalls, oceans, winds etc.)

I discovered these candles a few weeks ago while walking into a new shop in town and although they were expensive, thought I would give them a try.

I burn the candle for 6 - 8 hours during the day by my desk (I work from home) and I have been sleeping incredibly well, better then I have for a very long time.

I also have a desktop waterfall and it adds to the relaxing atmosphere in my office - my wife thinks it is cute, but she must mean vibrant and brimming with testosterone pumping masculinity

An interesting link is below on negative ions for any interested in more info.

http://www.webmd.com/balance/feature...positive-vibes

Hi! I'm new here. I've recently became extremely addicted to buying scented candles, lol. Here are my collection for this winter:

- Christian Dior (Homme) Eau Noire
    - Diptyque Maquis
    - Jo Malone Pine & Eucalyptus
    - Archipelago Elysee
    - Amouage Indian Song
    - Acqua Di Parma Colonia

I'm currently burning the Dior, it smells divine although I think the actual perfume is too strong. So the Eau Noire smells better in candle form

My fall/winter favorites are "Feu de bois" (smoke/wood), "Thé" (spice/musk) and "John Galliano" (musk/leather), all by Diptyque.

But my very favorite the past 5-6 years has been "Ambre Thé" by Mariage Frères in Paris. Any of their candles are excellent and highly individual, all with a different twist on the tea theme (befitting high-quality tea merchants), though this one stands out. Very intense, very warm. (Travel tip: Even though the Mariage Frères website sells the candles, stop by the little jewel-box of a shop in the quaint Marais neighborhood on your next trip to Paris -- an olfactory must; just walking in the place is a treat! Tea and candle heaven.)

Today I am burning Henri Bendel Vanilla Woods.....it smells amazing.

Le Cherche Midi CT|01

Balsam fir, sueded wood, vetyver and crushed sage. A complex scent, much more than an aroma.
    Last edited by Sloan; 23rd November 2008 at 12:26 AM.

White Barn Candle - REDWOODS from their discontinued Woods & Spices line.

I bought the Acqua di Parma minimalist, giant square candles, yellow and black. So far, the yellow, based on the Colonia scent, is a fabulous citrus. The black is an Amber scent.

Has anyone tried the Jonathan Adler Hashish candle yet? I gave it a sniff in their shop and it smelled like the real deal.

Blog Entries

I've already done my Christmas gift exchange with my family. The funny thing: my brother's girlfriend & I got each other the EXACT same thing!!! It was a Black Amethyst candle from Bath & Body Works. I suppose I'll be burning that a lot .
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Im currently burning Henri Bendel's Amber which is my favourite for the Holidays. Its soo regal smelling. And very powerful - I DON'T enjoy a meek candle at all.
    "To be irreplaceable, one must always be different!" - Coco Chanel

visit: WWW.SNIFFAPALOOZAMAGAZINE.COM