Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: what candles are you burning this fall?

I started a Prada Diffusion d'Iris candle tonight and so far it's very nice. Light iris/citrus, decent throw. I only had it burning for an hour, so I'll check back in.

Basenotes Institution

Firewood by Henri Bendel in the back TV room, Evergreen by Slatkin & Co. in the living room.

Ahh...the smell of December.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

I have a big Yankee Midsummers Night Candle
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

AromiErotici

We're using a Mia Bella Sandalwood Candle. Pretty good throw and a nice scent overall. My daughter in law sells them ( I only recently found this out) and we had her mail us one last week.

Mia Bella seems good enough to try some others as well.

Smile Re: what candles are you burning this fall?

I am new to candles, and don't want to spend a lot of money scenting my home. Still, I don't want it to smell like some horrid fake air freshener, either, which is what a lot of the more inexpensive candles smell like to me. Someone here recommended Circle E candles as relatively inexpensive with great throw, and they were right! They burn very evenly, and so far I've tried the Butter Rum (absolutely mouth-watering) and the Silver Bells (cranberry and orange and spice). I'll be buying more when these run low!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by libertine View Post
    I have a big Yankee Midsummers Night Candle
    My favorite
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Slatkin Coconut Vanilla in the powder room - I fell in love with this scent last year when it was part of the "White Barn" line at B&BW. The packaging was better then - dark brown/amber glass with a shiny silver lid. Now it's just clear glass.

Salt City Candle Co - Peppermint Wreath in the kitchen, along with cinnamon-vanilla. These are wax chunks used in Scentsy brand warmers.
    “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”

~ Robert Brault

i am burning cannabis by malin and goetz...decent throw, smells like muted patchouli....i keep looking for something with great throw but have not found anything yet...any suggestions on good throw candles that are not flowery or fruit-flavored...im looking for earth, musky, leathery, rugged smelling candles...thanks guys and girls!
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

some called hinoki steam. they don't seem to create much scent at all, but smell magnificent when not lit.

Received an Ormonde Jayne Orris Noir candle as an early holiday gift; however I can't bring myself to light it. Maybe one of these days.

I'm so bummed that my Pacifica Mandarin Lime soy candle is almost gone, I just found out they d/c it. I was even thinking of choosing scents around it for this season... I have Floris Gardenia and Floris Limes and would like a new Mandarin fragrance of some kind. I'm into being "matchy matchy" these days, too bad Floris doesn't make an orange scent. Now that means I'll have to find one and another from that same line (whatever it is) to go with it. Either that or find a new favorite candle and start all over. lol!!

I just purchased some Pacifica candles in Tibetan Mountain Temple (lots of ginger and orange) and Avalon Juniper (juniper, citrus, heliotrope). Both have amazing throw UNLIT, so I'm going to light a few today. And the price was right at my local Elephant Pharmacy.

GEODESIS Bois de Cafe. Nice, subtle and clear; cedar and coffee beans. www.geodesis.com
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 22nd December 2008 at 05:54 AM.