Code of Conduct

Default Miss Dior Cherie - reviews?

Anyone try this yet? did I miss a thread? the MUA reviews are in and they are quite disappointing.

marlen

Default Re: Miss Dior Cherie - reviews?

I think there was a thread on the temporary Basenotes at ezBoard and MDC didn't get many thumbs-up.
    Haven't tried it myself (and must admit I'm not tempted to, either). [smiley=embarassed.gif]
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I sniffed it from the bottle.. and there was these notes of stale beer.. wasn´t tempted to try it on my skin.. [smiley=grin.gif]

Another appropriate name would be Miss Dior Candy. It features notes of "strawberry sorbet" and "caramel popcorn" together with patchouly and musc. On paper it smells sickly sweet and artificially fruity. On skin it smells a little bit better, only sweet and fruity. Perfect for little girls, and I'm writinf this without irony. This scent is great for 14 to 18 year old girls. But only for them.

Very Coco Mademoiselle-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy
    Another appropriate name would be Miss Dior Candy. It features notes of "strawberry sorbet" and "caramel popcorn" together with patchouly and musc. On paper it smells sickly sweet and artificially fruity. On skin it smells a little bit better, only sweet and fruity. Perfect for little girls, and I'm writinf this without irony. This scent is great for 14 to 18 year old girls. But only for them.
    Couldn't agree more. I spryed it on my wrish and it smelled of candy with sugar on top. Nothing whatsoever to do with la grande dame that the original Miss Dior is.
    'I am not difficult, I am definite!' - Hedy Lamarr

Ladylonestar

I was going to start a thread and ask (1) if anyone has tried Miss Dior Cherie yet, and (2) how does it compare with Miss Dior. Glad I decided to do a search first.

Thumbs down, huh?

I received a Nieman-Marcus brochure with a scented insert of Miss Dior Cherie and (as I run to hide) I think it's quite captivating. I took the insert out of the brochure and set it by my computer and its scent is so lovely as it wafts around me. Plus, I can't keep my nose out of it! I'm very tempted to order a bottle of Miss Dior (I've never smelled this one) and a bottle of Miss Dior Cherie even knowing that scented strips can be deceiving -- that's how captivating I find it, not to mention transportive. It actually takes me way back in time to a fabulous, large department store in my hometown (Lichtenstein's -- bought out by Frost and then closed down) which had these atomizers mounted on the walls and set on timers that would release fragrance into the air. The scent of Miss Dior Cherie is the scent of those atomizers as you entered the front doors and the cold air-conditioned air hit you full in the face along with the fragrance being dispensed... and the other aromas throughout the store -- marble, wood, carpet, new clothing, the hair salon on the mezzanine, leather bags and shoes, cigarette smoke from the lounge... It was a grand store and a grand time, and this little scented insert of Miss Dior Cherie gives off the memory of that grand department store.

Fourteen to 18 year old girls? Hmm... Well, I think I might have to have this one. Perhaps it speaks to that 18-year-old-girl in me.

I sniffed it some time ago, and I really like it with its popcorn note. I wore a sample yesterday, but I am deceived: I understand now why it's in the chypre category. On me, no strawberry sorbet, no popcorn
    Smelled like our Belgian Kriek - raspberry beer

Val
    If you were to say to the grown-ups: “I saw a beautiful house made of rosy brick, with geraniums in the windows and doves on the roof,” they would not be able to get an idea of that house at all. You have have to say to them: “I saw a house that cost $20,000.” Then they would exclaim: “Oh, what a pretty house that is!”

(extract from "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

Think about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Valnum
    Smelled like our Belgian Kriek - raspberry beer

But to beer lovers that might be just the ticket, cheers! [smiley=beer.gif]

I love the look of the bottle & it is nice to see Elvis' grand daughter modelling for it. (doesn't she look like her Mum and Grand-Dad!). The smell of candy floss and pop corn doesn't last. I sprayed it on my wrist and the smell did not last long.

Nice for teenagers though (we have a lot of them in our store buying it)

I like Ja'Dore and Addict 2 from Dior

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylonestar
    It actually takes me way back in time to a fabulous, large department store in my hometown (Lichtenstein's -- bought out by Frost and then closed down) which had these atomizers mounted on the walls and set on timers that would release fragrance into the air. *The scent of Miss Dior Cherie is the scent of those atomizers as you entered the front doors and the cold air-conditioned air hit you full in the face... and the other aromas throughout the store -- marble, wood, carpet, new clothing, the hair salon on the mezzanine, leather bags and shoes, cigarette smoke from the lounge...

What lovely imagery! I too get a scent from this. As I haven't smelled M.D. Cherie I don't know if it's the same scent or not, but I can certainly get a good department store aroma from the imagery here. It's something very specific too, something out of my past. There is also a very "dry" smell, that as a kid, I could never quite get enough of. I guess I have to go track down M.D. Cherie now...
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by ElshaUK
    I love the look of the bottle & it is nice to see Elvis' grand daughter modelling for it. (doesn't she look like her Mum and Grand-Dad!).
    The bottle is fabulous. *And, yes, she does have her mom and grandfather's great looks. *

The smell of candy floss and pop corn doesn't last. I sprayed it on my wrist and the smell did not last long.
    Well, this scented insert doesn't really showcase accords or notes like a skin test might. *It doesn't really evolve. *I think I've sniffed all the scent off of it. *:'( *Actually, I've rubbed most of it off, trying to get an idea of what it might smell like on my skin.

Nice for teenagers though (we have a lot of them in our store buying it)
    I'm so taken with this scented strip that I did some reading up on Miss Dior Cherie today. *While the primary target (or the expected core audience) is 18 to 25 years, it's suggested that "moms" will love it, too -- it likely will appeal to women of all ages. *In fact, the Liverpool Echo, in an article dated September 14, 2005, says: *"LIGHT enough for daywear but heady enough to take you through to that after work drink or meal, this is a versatile fragrance. Dior is a classic beauty name but this perfume is ageless and would turn heads whatever its wearer's age. Gorgeously packaged, it's perfect as a special gift - or would look equally as good on your own bathroom shelf."

I'm going to check the Dior counter, hopefully tomorrow, and give it a spritz. *Can't pass up the chance to sample a gourmand chypre. * *

I like Ja'Dore and Addict 2 from Dior *
    Speaking of Addict 2, I also read today that it hasn't been decided yet whether or not Addict 2 will remain a permanent fixture among the Dior fragrances or if there will be a different Addict version each year. *Wouldn't you know that I didn't bookmark that article? * *Sorry.

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by Artisankey
    What lovely imagery! *I too get a scent from this. *As I haven't smelled M.D. Cherie I don't know if it's the same scent or not, but I can certainly get a good department store aroma from the imagery here. *It's something very specific too, something out of my past. *There is also a very "dry" smell, that as a kid, I could never quite get enough of. *I guess I have to go track down M.D. Cherie now...
    Oh, thank you, Artisankey! It's so difficult to describe smells sometimes and I'm so glad when I'm actually able to convey something! I'll love that department store forever and while Miss Dior Cherie may turn out to be nothing whatsoever like it, this scented strip certainly is. I have to go track down Miss Dior Cherie, too. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Our *work* is never done, is it? ;D

If Dior Addict 2 isn't going to be a perm fixture, it means I will have to *shock horror* buy the fragrance! Obviously working in perfumery is like being given all the sweets you could imagine (as a child). I spend each day deliberating on what to try next and you should hear me when a new fragrance comes in!

It's actually embarrassing to my staff, I get so excited! I got so excited at us stocking Thierry Muglar's cologne (I know it is not new...but it is lovely and fresh) that the rep gave me a bottle! *;D

Next week I go on Kenneth Green/Classic Beaute training (Jean Paul, Issey, Bvlgari - to name a few) and I am soooo excited! I love 'le classique' and 'le male' and 'JPG2' so the day will be fun, learning about the fragrances!

I have moved around a lot in my store so who knows where I will be assistant managing next. Right now, I am like a sponge (soaking up the info and the perfume) *;D

Anyway got to make the most of it whilst I can.

One brief encounter with the scent on the perfume counter put me off.
    No relation to original Miss Dior and quite sickening to me at least.
    Don't know what they were thinking. :-?

Lady L, I agree with Key: lovely imagery! You really made MDC sound good (but remembering how MDC smelled to me I'm not tempted to retry...)

Ladylonestar

Thanks, Tig. :-* Well... I guess this scented strip must not be representative of Miss Dior Cherie in any way, shape or form. So far no one likes the juice at all. I hope I'm able to find it this week. I'm REALLY dying to sample it now. :-?

I have a sample of this. It is very sweet at first on me, lots of sugar-caramel and strawberry. I didn't get the stale beer thing. It seems pretty nice at first although my cat turned her nose away, which isn't a good sign, (but then she loves the smell of my dirty socks so her taste is to be questioned) with a hint of jasmine and berry.

Actually, I didn't smell the mandarin or the patchouli at all.

Then it "mellows" to an artificial strawberry scent on me, which is maybe not so good. It kinda reminds me of the strawberry lip gloss I used to wear in high school (is this their target audience? if so it would be a hit). It might be better if I had enough to spray, but I don't think I'll buy it to find out.

Checked with Dior area manager today about Addict 2 not being a perm fixture and she said, it was a permanant fixture but that they were going to launch a limited edition which wouldn't be????!

Anyway....not sure what that means...

Ladylonestar

Found the article, ElshaUK. It's WWD (5/20/2005, Byline: Julie Naughton). Quoting in part (without any permission whatsoever): "Miss Dior Cherie is seen as the couture fragrance launch for fall... Dior Addict 2, on the other hand, is more of a fashion fragrance, said [Lisa] Hawkins (vice president of marketing), although a final determination hasn't yet been made as to whether it will stay permanently or be supplanted each year by a new Addict fashion fragrance..."

So perhaps the Dior area manager is saying that Addict 2 will be permanent and there will be a new Addict fragrance each year -- a "fashion" or limited edition fragrance?

yes - maybe that is it