Code of Conduct
    BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Default Anyone tried Heir?

Has anyone tried Susan D. Owens' Heir Fragrance?

Beautyhabit.com describes it as:
    Fragrant notes of Forest Woods, Deep Leather and Clean Lime. A sublime scent for both men and women.

Sounds interesting, and her only other fragrance is Child, so maybe a lot of thought went into this product. If no one has tried this, I'll order a sample and be the guinea pig.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: Anyone tried Heir?

I have.

It's like TdH, but not as sweet-even more woody. It doesn't project very much at all, because of its oil base. I'd say it's a good power scent. It's obviously uber-niche, since I doubt anyone has heard of it.
    Current frags (in order of preference):

1) GIT
    2) GV
    3) MR

i have it at my swtore. it's actually a guys fragrances fyi

to me, it smells like a mix of curve and coolwater. not bad, but not expectational
    Current Top Five: Burberry Londen, Love Spell, Miss Dior Cherie, J.Lo Live, Provocative Interlude
    Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by Tink
    i have it at my swtore. it's actually a guys fragrances fyi

to me, it smells like a mix of curve and coolwater. not bad, but not expectational
    Tink fyi you have your Heir's confused. The Heir Quarry was referring to is by Susan D Owens who also makes Child...these are both niche perfumes.

Yes- tried it sometime last year and have a sample floating around. I liked it- not enough to rush out and buy a huge bottle but I thought it was subtle and unique. The citrusy opening is pleasant and then it mostly turns into a clean, leathery scent but it's not quite like other leathers I've tried. I like the fact that it's not very smoky- more of a skin-leather. Hence the subtlety. There is also something else in there- a kind of gentle, soapy floral that happens right inbetween the citrus and the leather. It's kind of fleeting on me, but not unpleasant.

Would I go out of my way to try this? Perhaps not, but the fragrance is certainly unique enough to not be disappointed if you do. Still it's nothing overly dramatic or edgy. So if you're looking for that, Heir isn't that kind of fragrance.

I think I'll hunt down my sample and give this one another try- thanks for reminding me.
    Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment.
    - Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by tdi
    Tink fyi you have your Heir's confused. The Heir Quarry was referring to is by Susan D Owens who also makes Child...these are both niche perfumes.
    ahaha, i just realized. considering paris hilton just came out with heir i automatically thought of that, sorry -.-p
    Current Top Five: Burberry Londen, Love Spell, Miss Dior Cherie, J.Lo Live, Provocative Interlude
    Myspace