Code of Conduct

Default Vetiver Pour Elle by Guerlain

Has anyone experienced this fragrance yet? I did, but it came from Paris, and I don't think you can get it in the USA yet, or can we?

It was awesome!!!!!!

Default Re: Vetiver Pour Elle by Guerlain

I did, and it was very nice. You were very lucky. Only 4 or 5 airport duty-free shops in France carried it. Nowhere else. But it will be widely available next year when it joins the regular line.

summer means fireflys

Oh darn! *I was hoping it might be at duty-free shops here in the US and Caribbean next month. *I have several friends who asked me to look for it for them. *
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I have a nice decant, and I have a bottle on the way to me thanks to a friend who recently returned from France. It's really quite lovely.
    "Scent is very important. Strong fragrances suit some men, while citrus types suit others. I like my men to smell fresh and woody, but also like a man."
    Donatella Versace

Anxiously awaiting Pour Elle myself. Have experienced it by decant - it is more than just Vetiver with a floral accord.

This sound soo nice! I love the male version, but it īs even nicer when a touch of it is added to a floral. And vetiver with white flowers is a lovely combination to my nose.

Indeed it was a limited edition exclusively for Aelia's Duty Free shops.
    Guerlain describes Vetiver pour Elle as a fresh and luminous scent, evocative of the Hesperid Garden.
    If features notes of orange blossom, Calabrian bergamot, honeysuckle, nutmeg, tonka bean and, of course, vetiver.
    I didn't know that Guerlain was going to introduce it in the regular line, what a geat idea!

OK, ladies. Time for action. Operation Vetiver Pour Elle.

We know that Boutique Guerlain is situated at 35, rue Tronchet. La Maison Guerlain at 68, Avenue des Champs-Elysees; CedricEccentric has provided us with an excellent layout of the store.

Paris is served by three major airports: Charles de Gaulle, Orly and du Bourget. Each airport undoubtably has a duty-free perfume shop and each duty-free shop - a warehouse of Vetiver Pour Elle.

My plan: We all meet in Paris under the Arc de Triomphe on October 31 at midnight, dressed as wanna-be Audrey Hepburns: black scarf, sunglasses, black trenchcoat, black Danskin camisole leotard and tights, Capezio point shoes, Lands' End black leather briefcases with straps to carry our cosmetics, safecracking tools, crowbars and empty atomizers and stuff. Wear Mitsouko so we will recognize each other but throw the gendarmes off the scent - so to speak.

Well, that's what I came up with. Sounds like a plan to me! Synchronize watches - now!

(Had there been a monkey involved, I would have distracted it with a bowel (sic) of Chanel No. 5.)

"Guerlain has just released what they call Vetiver pour Elle which is basically the pour lui with a touch of added jasmine. It smells wonderful. In its infinite wisdom, Guerlain wants to sell it only in duty-free shops and for a limited time, so take a cheap flight to somewhere interesting and get it." * Luca Turin, *June 5, 2005.

Well, Serpent maintains that Turin has been wrong more than once... *He manages to be wrong three times there. (1) Just released? *(2) Vetiver with a touch of jasmine? *(3) Duty-free shops exclusively in France.

Much better description. NowSmellThis, June 17, 2005: http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/b...ives/2005/6/17

Or we could have a Basenotes Female Fragrance Discussion Field Trip to the south of France: http://www.nice.aeroport.fr/boutique.../pdf/actu6.pdf *(Interesting advertisement.)

Yes, it`s very good Vetiver and I prefer wear it instead of usual mens version.
    In my mind it has the image of Dior perfumes - flowery and wet in Dior way...
    Should I say it is very longlasting?
    Not only jasmine, but fleur d`orange and something else (bitter and fresh, it could be bergamot) added in it.
    And it lost mens powdery properties on me also..
    Vetiver The Great!!!