Code of Conduct

Default Young Lady, You Have Some Explaining To Do...

Have you ever explained your love of fragrance?

Got lost driving in Chicago last night and got home very late. Took a shower, applied my SOTE and went to bed - completely forgetting my mother was coming over early this morning to measure for curtains. Answered the door wearing my furisode and Curious George slippers, redolent of Coriolan.

She wondered that if Madame Butterfly had 'company', why wasn't there a car in the driveway and proceeded to search the house under the guise of looking for a tape measure. I know she had a tape measure in her purse. And she knows there is a tape measure in my toolbox, along with a nailfile, miniature Phillips screwdriver and broken pliers. Can we fix it? No, we Can't!

At that point, I thought of making coffee so I could explain to her about my penchant for men's frags and Basenotes and FuFuLaRoux and LadyLoneStar and Tigrushka and Serpent and Vinterdroppe and Mike FromManhattan and La Maison Guerlain and everything became mixed-up and I realized it was too much like a lost episode of PeeWee's Playhouse so I put on some sweats and proceeded to measure for curtains.

Mother: * *Veronica, you are a grown woman...
    Veronica: Are you measuring in metric? That window is wider than 1 foot.
    Mother: * *It would break your father's heart...
    Veronica: Inches! Write it down in inches!
    Mother: * *What is that that you are wearing?
    Veronica: Sweats, Mom.
    Mother: * *I mean that perfume. Its terrible. Are you wearing a lace push-up bra with sweatclothes? You know, people would die for your figure. You don't need..
    Veronica: Mother!

I should have made coffee... * I'll always be her little girl.

So, do non-Basenote friends or family understand you? Do you even attempt to explain?

Default Re: Young Lady, You Have Some Explaining To Do...

Sorry I lost my train of thought after the lace push-up bra

Seriously, all of my guy friends are very down to earth and have never bought cologne nor even thought about it. *They always say "that's foofoo crap...what are you doing buying that stuff?"
    I just drop the subject and remember why I never bring up this stuff with them. *Of course family (all girls) love it at the holidays cause that's all I buy for everyone is perfume...its easy and I know girls like it. *But their tastes are quite moderate and are usually happy with just about anything, but I still spoil them even though they don't always know it

Edit: I guess that's why we are here in the first place

also... hubba hubba.
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

;D ;D ;D ROFLMAO ;D ;D
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

That's a good one! ;D ;D ;D

Most of my family do understand. Those who do not, sure enjoy fragrant gifts. And those who do not enjoy them, are not getting any.

Coriolan is a marvellous choice, too! ;D

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by veronica
    She wondered that if Madame Butterfly had 'company', why wasn't there a car in the driveway and proceeded to search the house under the guise of looking for a tape measure.
    Well, you know, I think Coriolan is one of the most magnificent chypres I've ever smelled. However, it's not magnificent applied directly on my skin either. I much prefer it wafting off a man's skin.

Adorable story, Veronica. Thanks for sharing. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

;D ;D ;D
    Sounds like an episode of Gilmore Girls, only better (eum, I was kinda hooked on that series for a while... :-[ )
    HavenŽt tried Coriolan yet...maybe IŽll make that my next "mini of the month".

When I met my mum some weeks ago I was wearing Timbuktu, and she said I smelled lovely. But if she knew the price of a bottle she would be less enthusiastic (or the price of some other bottles)

I'm sure I'll have an episode of this come Christmas time, as my new love is women's orientals. My mom is definately not keen on "gender bending" (never mind that wearing fragrance is hardly that, but that is a discussion for another day or thread) so I imagine Christmas day could get awkward.
    The pursuit of philosophy is the hope that there is more to life than we realize. By philosophy, however, we come to realize that in fact there is less to life than previously imagined.

So what exactly were you wearing?
    Oh and what cologne were you wearing too?
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Enjoyed the story, V.

Hubby and I are hermits, so live only to please ourselves.

What's that line from the poem Solitude? Something like, "To offend none, and by none offended."
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.