Code of Conduct

Thread: Greetings

Default Greetings

I posted this in the men's section too

Hi everyone,

Just introducing myself and saying howdy to everyone. The scents I use on a daily basis are or have owned but no longer wear:
    Essenza Di Zegna...smells like Christmas, not too bad for winter time
    Givenchy Pour Homme(maroon bottle)...one of my favs
    Givenchy Xeryus Rouge...very strong for an EDT but I still like it
    Hanae Mori EDP...I call this one Eau de Froot Loops...still get lots of compliments
    Fresh Men...take a shower then pour a bottle of squirt or fresca on you...same thing
    Jaipur Boucheron EDP...one of my all time favs, nice scent
    Crave...a little too orangey for me...yuk
    Rochas...not too bad, but forgettable
    Magnetism...also very strong for an EDT, smells like grape baby powder...yuk
    Le Male...a combination of Eau de cherry coke and vanilla coke...gets old real quick

A little while ago I started trying samples of higher end scents because I got bored with department store stuff. I sampled most of Creed, L'Artisan, Serge Lutens etc..
    So far my tops are
    Chergui...wow, what a scent, unlike anything I have ever smelled before
    Mure et Musc Extreme...couls use a smidge more blackberry but again very nice
    Ambre Extreme...very nice scent
    Anana's Fizz...only in summertime
    Iris Noble...not as strong as Bois D'Iris but to my liking...a nice spring time scent.
    Premeir Figuier Extreme...this is a nice scent, hard to explain in my own words yet

Well that's it for now, hope this gives you a good idea of myself at least as far as scents go anyways

Oh yeah and for future girlfriends of mine, hopefully they will be wearing Fleur de the rose Bulgare, Ce Soir ou Jamais or Joy...my quest for the perfect rose scents still continues. Havent tried Or et Noir yet though.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Greetings

Welcome to the Basenotes. It is a place to be!

I could not help but compare your recent tastes with those of Concord. Please pay attention to his SOTDs, perhaps, they will inspire you to try something new! ;D

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome!

I share some of your faves: Jaïpur Homme, Chergui (which I'm wearing today) and Ambre Extrême. (I have Mûre et Musc, too, but wear it rarely)

IMO the perfect rose scent is Annick Goutal Rose Absolue. :-*
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Hi,

Thanks for replying...I'm assuming SOTD is scent of the day?
    and I will have to get a sample of that Goutal one. The girls at work love me because I get a bunch of rose perfume samples and I take notes and then give them away even though some of them say it is an old lady scent > no samples for them
    I happen to love the smell of roses, it is my weakness. You guys know where a good place to buy samples? I usually buy them on ebay from certain sellers.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello-

I found Or et Noir to be dark, brooding and on the dusty side, yet nostalgic and meloncholic too. It's not for everyone but on the right someone it's gorgeous.

I love Joy and used to wear it all the time. Now I have such a collection I seem to get around to wearing it less, but still love it when I do wear it. I adore Paris for rose, but especially love the cool, mossy dryout- as it so contrasts with the bright, sunny opening. Madini makes a gorgeous rose oil without a hint of that cloying "tea rose" note. Attar Bazaar make the dark, incense-filled Sudanese Black Rose oil- simply bewitching! Perfect for autumn and winter.
    Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment.
    - Lao Tzu

Madini rose oil and Attar Bazaar...Sudanese Black Rose oil

I will look for these...I just got www.genuinerose.com's bulgarian rose oil. Very potent, but enchanting if used in moderation. and to think I used to go to department stores and ask for rose scents and none of them ever said the name of any of the samples I have received...sheesh!

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by Noseorgy
    ... The girls at work love me because I get a bunch of rose perfume samples and I take notes and then give them away even though some of them say it is an old lady scent > no samples for them...
    Yes! No samples for them! >

Greetings Noseorgy, and welcome to Basenotes! I hope to have a full bottle of Chergui soon. I have a decant I'm quite miserly with. Love Ambre Extreme, too (I'm an amber addict). Premier Figuier is fabulous but I don't wear it. People say I smell like Christmas or a Christmas tree when I wear it. Meant as compliments, of course, but not how I want to smell.

You can buy samples from Scentagious, Perfumebay, Luscious Cargo, Aedes, Lucky Scent... Check out the Les Parfums de Rosine and be sure to sample Diptyque L'Ombre Dans L'Eau. I'm surprised you haven't fallen in love with L'Artisan Voleur de Roses. Very earthy/patchouli/rose. My favorite L'Artisan rose is Drole de Rose but VdR is great. Paris is a gorgeous violet/rose floral bouquet. If you love Joy, you may also like Agent Provocateur or Kingdom Eau de Toilette Limited Edition (the one that came out in 2004). I also love L'Or de Torrente and Irma Shorell Rose.

Welcome Noseorgy!

I did try Voleur de Roses and thought it was too feminine for a masculine scent and too musky/patchoulily for a girl...just my opinion.
    I have tried these scents so far
    Drole De Rose by L’ Artisan...Not sure how to describe this one, very nice though, almost sparkling but not, almost dark, but not. Medium between light and dark and fruity.
    Elizabethan Rose by Penhaligon...This is a dark lush rose scent, not bright but dark and sultry…yummy
    Ce Soir ou Jamais Annick Goutal...This is a dark lush rose scent, not bright but dark and sultry…yummy…hints of pear sometimes…intoxicating.
    Sa Majeste La Rose by Serge Luten...This is a dark lush rose scent, not bright but dark and sultry…yummy..a little more sparkling than the above.
    Rose by Cote Bastide Mure...A very fruity rose, sparkling and sharp.
    Red Roses by Jo Malone...This is a dark lush rose scent, not bright but dark and sultry…yummy…not as strong as others with the same scent.
    Rosenberry by Parfums De Rosine...Smells like they added a clean note to this scent, smells shampooey,…an alright scent but not my fav.
    Rose Pivoine by Parfums De Nicolai...A nice rose scent but not very pure or memorable.
    Rosa Magnifica by Guerlain...A dark rose scent but not very good, a cheaper version of the above dark scents.
    Rose Poivree by Different Company...Spicy is right, wearable by men I don’t know. definitely different.
    Donna by Lorenzo Villoresi...This is a dark lush rose scent, not bright but dark and sultry…yummy
    Eua De Rose by CSP...This is a dark lush rose scent, not bright but dark and sultry…yummy…not as strong as others with same scent.
    China Rose by Floris of London...This is a dark lush rose scent, not bright but dark and sultry…yummy
    Fleur De The Rose Bulgare by Creed...What can I say but yummy, fresh red roses.
    OMBRE ROSE by JEAN - CHARLES BROSSEAU...CRAP!
    CABOTINE ROSE by Parfums Gres...CRAP!
    Bulgarian Rose Eau de Parfum by Fresh Index...pure rose essence…very nice, but doesn't last very long.
    Take into consideration I only smelled these in their vials and not on flesh so my descriptions might be very similar in scent...I wasn't gonna wear em!
    whew

welcome!
    I am pretty new myself, as you can see.
    I love rose too. There are so many I haven´t tried though. My personal favorite so far is L´ombre dans l´eau, already mentioned by Ladylonestar. It´s green and leafy, possibly more reminiscent of a rose bush than of a flower.

welcome aboard.
    I cannot add anything about rose scents.. as roses seem to hate my skin :-[
    But I too love Chergui madly

Thanks for the warm welcomes you guys

Welcome! I love Rose scents too. For you I would recommend Dark Rose or Voleur de Roses.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome.

Hammam Bouquet is rose,jasmine and sandalwood.

Caron Rose I like vanilla and musk in the mix.
    DONNA

I noticed some of you are Chergui fans, where do you get your bottles?

Post Thanks / Like

Oh- forgot to mention, if you are looking at all for rose essential oils, naturesgift.com has the natural essences, affordably diluted, in fractionated coconut oil, jojoba, or alcohol for a pulse perfume. They recently got a new shippment of Rosa Alba in (my personal favorite.)

Sometimes you can get Chergui as a decant on ebay. I think, if not that, then it's a trip to Paris or a dear friend somewhere in Europe who's willing to ship it to you.
    Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment.
    - Lao Tzu

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Noseorgy
    I noticed some of you are Chergui fans, where do you get your bottles?
    I have only decants but it should be now available in the export line, too.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Well I called the perfume shop and they said if and when it will be available it will be the 1.7oz spray for 110Canadian($92) and I know someone who is going to Paris in Jan and will bring me back original 2.5oz for $180...and then...I know someone who will sell me a 1oz in the original bottle and box for $104.

Decisions, decisions...any opinions?