Code of Conduct

Default Emporio Armani City Glam.

The first time I sampled City Glam for Her I already thought it was very intriguing. Now I have a second sampling card and I can't stop sniffing it. The card is more than a week old yet it still smells strongly.

At first sniff it smells like yet another boring fruity floral with lots of red fruits in the topnotes. But then comes the typical 70s chypre note: coriander, rose and patchouli.
    Yeah, the chypres are back! But unlike Sarah Jessica Parker's Lovely which has a more floral chypre note (at least to my nose), City Glam is a very modern fruity chypre. But it's not about a chic classic chypre, here we are talking about a very synthetic "fun" chypre.
    People who know my tastes ( ok my very eclectic tastes) know that I don't mind cheap smelling perfumes. I looooove synthetic smelling things like Charlie, Bonne Bell Skin Musk, Bijan or even Red Door . As long as they don't pretend to be something they are not. Because what I hate are synthetics that try to mimic living flowers, like those used in Tommy Girl or Antonia's Flowers which just gives me a headache, but that's another story...
    Recently the perfume industry was taken by surprise by the huge succes of the very synthetic smelling D&G Light Blue. I think that was the fragrance (though from a totally different family) the people at L'Oreal/Armani Parfums thought of when they planned City Glam. Like Light Blue, City Glam is deliciously plastic-like. But where Light Blue is fresh, fruity and musky, City Glam is fruity and earthy.

City Glam is a real "love-it-or-hate-it" fragrance. My BF doesn't understand me at all about this City Glam thing I having, he finds it terrible. I'm sure many will agree with him but in the mean time I think it's fantastic. Not beautiful but extremely fun. I just have to have a bottle!

Default Re: Emporio Armani City Glam.

Tried it the other week and actually quited liked it. The men's version is really nice too.
    DONNA

Thanks for the scoop, Cedric! [smiley=smiley.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by cedriceccentric
    At first sniff it smells like yet another boring fruity floral with lots of red fruits in the topnotes. But then comes the typical 70s chypre note: coriander, rose and patchouli.
    Yeah, the chypres are back!
    Woo Haa!!! [smiley=cheesy.gif] What did I say? [smiley=wink.gif]
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Sorry to come back to City Glam once again but I just HAVE TO!

I resampled it today and I'm still loving it. City Glam is such strong stuff. I sprayed a card 2 or 3 times and put it in my shopping bag thinking I would smell it later on at home. The thing was that everywhere I went, the scent came right out of my bag leaving a strong sillage.

Ok, City Glam is not one of those "I-wear-a-classic-because-I-have-good-taste" scent, it's even rather vulgar. Though I liked (and raved) about other new female fragrances this year, City Glam is the only one that made such a strong impression on me. This is how FlowerBomb should have smelled imho.

Am I really alone on this one? LOL

Pleeeeaaase sample City Glam!

OK....you're killing me....I must check this out and see what's going on!!!!!
    Gary

Great review- very interesting. Even though I can't wear them (and I do keep trying to from time to time,) it is good to see chypres making a come back. Time to shake things up again.

It's great to find something new to kick your heels up over- glad to hear you're so smitten and excited over City Glam. It's funny to me what you said about, "This is how Flowerbomb should have smelled." Didn't "get it" at first but lately I'm completely smitten over Flowerbomb- won't purchase a full bottle at that price though.
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

Masculine is much better than feminine. I've tried femine on my skin and do not like it at all. :-?

I think I will sample this one tomorrow

how is the masculine one?

I love the other Armani womens fragrances but am not impressed by this one at all. I like the mens fragrance though