Code of Conduct

Thread: New scents

Post Thanks / Like

Default New scents

I have tried a few new scents - Hypnose, Alien, Euphoria. I cannot help myself but all of them are the same - approximately. Not exactly the same, for sure, but it is all the same direction - so far away e.g. from Mitsouko or Messe de Minuit. I am fed up of all these sweet overwhelming news. :-/
    Does anybody agree with me?

Default Re: New scents

Yes, you are definitely right.
    I tried Alien and smelled Euphoria on my coleague, but both of them is nothing special.
    I haven't tried Hypnose yet, but I have no big expectations from Lancome. They have collection of lipsticks Attraction and launched fragrance with the same name (like Dior before them - Addict lipstick and Addict EDP) and now after mascara Hypnose - fragrance Hypnose - it's bit too much.
    :-/

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hypnose was really 'orrible, but after all those pink watery fruit waters (that shall remain nameless) of the last couple of years Alien, Euphoria and the new Gaultier are a vast improvement. They might not be very revolutionary or special, but they are pretty good all three of them. At least the scents are going to a better direction! Just my opinion, of course.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka
    pink watery fruit waters
    ;D ;D ;D Class! ;D ;D ;D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alicka61
    I am fed up of all these sweet overwhelming news. * *:-/
    Does anybody agree with me?
    Oh, yes, I very much agree!
    'I am not difficult, I am definite!' - Hedy Lamarr

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolf
    ;D ;D ;D Class! ;D ;D ;D
    Thanks! I'm just a grumpy old crone who wants her fragrance to smell like perfume instead of just-add-water (double the amount in the instruction!) kind of juice... :

I sort of like Euphoria so far. Need to sniff it out a few times more. Hypnôse was boring, Alien as big a disappointment as everyone say it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concord
    I sort of like Euphoria so far. Need to sniff it out a few times more.
    My thoughts exactly. The top notes are too fruity but the drydown is pretty good, especially morning after. It definitely deserves another chance.

[quote author=Concord link=1128974346/0#6 date=1129038715]I sort of like Euphoria so far. Need to sniff it out a few times more. *
    My thoughts exactly. The top notes are too fruity but the drydown is pretty good, especially morning after. It definitely deserves another chance.
    [/quote]

Yup, lot's of fruit there. I wonder what the gel parfum is like. I haven't seen it displayed here.

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately none of the above have arrived to my country yet, but Gaultier 2 did. I still haven't decided about it yet, but I think I will get the massage oil which is great. Come to think of it, it is an ideal scent for a massage oil.
    'I am not difficult, I am definite!' - Hedy Lamarr

I haven't smelt Alien yet as our shop is not stocking it. Only certain 'Consultant Doors' will be stocking it, and although we stock Angel, Innocent, A Men and B Men, We won't be on Alien. *

CK Euphoria is o.k. But I wouldn't wear it. The only CK I like is 'Eternity Moments' However, Euphoria is flying off of our shelves and has had a good review by customers (certainly our ones anyway!)

I tried Hypnose yesterday and am not sure whether I like it or not. I can smell the passion flower & Absolute Vanilla (and Vanilla scents normally work for me) but I think it's a bit over powering. (or maybe I marinated in it) *;D The bottle is nice and the colour of the perfume is pretty. But will I buy it???? no!

But then, I work in Perfumery - so I can wear whatever I like without purchasing anyway *;D

The 3 Fragrances I would buy are - Gaultier2, Very Irresistable Givenchy Sensual & Lacoste Pour Femme

Things MUST swing back in the other direction sooner or later!!

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't want to say they are not nice but hardly recognizable. They will be soon forgotten.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I still say they have more character than all the past years' run of the mill pinks thrown together.

Oh I agree too! But I keep sniffing, I keep thing one of these is going to have to be good. I can't remember smelling this many new ones I don't like. And such pretty bottles, It's a shame really.

First of all hi everybody!!

I am new on this discussion list. I am french. I live in Paris. I have been reading your talks for few days ow and I am now ready to participate.

My favorite new scent of the moment is Julia from Téo Cabanel. I don't know if you have in the UK yet. It is a new company that have been launched in the beginning of September I think!

I think that one of your member has been talking about it a feww days ago! It a floral with some fruity notes! Quite nice and their credo is very luxury and exclusive...

If you know the brand, what do you think about it and their fragrances Oha and Julia?

I'm so tired of the new pink candy water scents. Argh! They all smell alike to me. I was almost assaulted by an SA wielding a bottle of J.LO Live yesterday. I had to move quickly!

I tried the new Carlos Santana, which I had high hopes for. It's not a pink scent. In fact, I'm not sure what it is as I didn't get the coconut or chocolate that some mua members mentioned. Oh well. At least I'm saving money by not buying any fragrances (there's nothing that tempts me!)

Post Thanks / Like

I still say they have more character than all the past years' run of the mill pinks thrown together.

I could not agree more. And you noticed, this year's favorite color is purple!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolf
    I could not agree more. And you noticed, this year's favorite color is purple!
    I sure did!

But I wished they would stop putting tint in the juices altogether; I love all those various shades of browns, oranges, yellows, greens that are natural. They could put their creativity rather in designing bottles and packaging (or most importantly in creating scents... :) than in inventing new fancy candy-colours. :P