Code of Conduct
    BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Default Can you recommend a grape scent?

I read at makeupalley.com that Fresh used to offer Grape & Vine. The reviewers raved about how it was slightly sweet, yet dry, winey with a hint of green, and not at all like a bubblegum grape. It was highly recommended, so of course it's discontinued (argh).

Do you know of a scent where grape plays a significant and successful role?
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: Can you recommend a grape scent?

Maybe Versace Man? :-/

Unfortunately, I have not tested Fresh's Grape & Vine, so I cannot really comment on this.

As close as it comes to the real vineyards is Crabtree & Evelyn Sonoma Valley. I would have never imagined that I would like this one so much! A unique scent, incorporating morning mist, sparkling drops of dew, new growth, vine bark, grape flowers, anticipation of the bounty. It is gentle, whispering and mood setting. The staying power is not very good, although in general I'd rather not complain.

Trussardi Skin -- may be overly synthetic and sweet, but it does remind me of a good gewurtstraminer. It may become cloying and too high-pitch floral, though, and I have to be in the right mood to put it on.

Both YSL Champagne and Nina Ricci Deci-Dela have a prominent grape note in them and have characteristic features of fruity chypres.

One grape fragrance I want to try is Botrytis Ginestet. From what I read, it is never-ceasing fireworks of all the stages of grapes development, with honey-like woody dry down.

My favorite is Caudalie Fleur De Vigne.
    CSP Muscat is another one.

I love the wine scent of Michael Kors KORS, one of my favorite perfumes.

On two different ends of the spectrum:

1270 by Frapin has a kind of cognac, oak barrels, grape vine flowers, ripening wine smell going on. It's dark and woody and winey all at the same time.

On the lighter side, Acqua di Gio has a lovely, clear, not too sweet, muscatel grape note that, on me, always stands out beautifully.
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

Anna Sui - Secret Wish. Tacky bottle as hell, but the scent is full of fresh fruit and grapefruit is most dominant. Not very complex though and not very long lasting.

I have always found Beyond Paradise very grapey on my skin - perhaps you will too?

Ungaro is grape to my nose.

Caudalie Fleur de Vine or GIneste Botytris are two that immediately come to mind.

Frapin if you want a cognac note....

All I can think of in terms of "grapes" would be Magnetism For Men (Escada). Its top smells a bit like grape-taste cough meds, but when it settles down, you find yourself giving off a soft yet very irresitible combination scent of fruity grapes, schinus (a kind of pepper, which I heard was an aphrodisiac) and beautiful sandalwood. It stays very close to your skin and last for a long time. :

if you can find it, CSP used to feature one called coeur de raisin.

I am surprised no one has recommened Cristalle... I think it's a great and very elegant grape scent.