Code of Conduct

Default Macrocyclic musks

There is evidence that synthetic musks are not biodegradable and also enter the body and blood circulation and even cross the placenta!
    The macrocyclic musks are the least offensive it seems.

However which perfumes have those instead of other kinds of musk?
    Does anyone know? :-?

Ladylonestar

Default Re: Macrocyclic musks

Good heavens! I googled "macrocylic musks" and there's tons of info if anyone wants to read all of it. Sounds quite technical and scientific and all that jazz. But to answer your question, I have no idea which fragrances use macrocylic musks.

Tough question! According to Luca, L'Instant has them. I think cashmeran is a macrocyclic. Ambrettolide and velvione are two others. Hopefully companies that put more money in the juice, such as Frederic Malle, uses them.

Edit: Tried to add link but that didn't work.

Ambrettolide:
    Musky, Powerful, Warm, Ambrette Seed, Fruity

Ambrettolide is a macrocyclic musk which has exceptional diffusion and a very fine character. It is unique in that its influence in a composition can be perceived at all evaporation levels. It is a superb fixative and highly substantive, and yet exalts the top note of a fragrance in an exceptional manner.

Velvione:
    Musky, Powdery, Slightly Animalic

Velvione is an exceptional product: a powdery macrocyclic musk that is powerful, highly substantive and stable, as well as biodegradable. Velvione has a nitro-musk aspect that is not found either in other commonly used macrocyclic musks, nor in polycyclic musks. Velvione is excellent in all applications, including fine fragrance, where it adds a powdery volume and musky softness, and laundry care, where its high substantivity and clean musky note are highly valued.

Thanks for your detailed answer Concord.

I must seek out for those. Trouble is , most perfumes just cite musk in their notes list and do not bother to elaborate. Is it on the box I wonder , printed?

BTW , L'instant for men or women , you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by helg
    Thanks for your detailed answer Concord.

I must seek out for those. Trouble is , most perfumes just cite musk in their notes list and do not bother to elaborate. Is it on the box I wonder , printed?

BTW , L'instant for men or women , you mean?
    He meant the women's version and said you can smell them after an hour or so if I'm correct. I have never seen them specified in the notes, apart from cashmeran which is ususally just called cashmere.

I wonder too if there's is a way to know.

Must be some trouble with my nose , then , as I seem to smell each and every musk after an hour, with the exception of TBS and one or two others. (OK , I like those high-ends too !) :P

Thanks Concord for the info yet again and wish there was a way to know for sure.
    Might prove handy. (I love musks )