Code of Conduct

Thread: Empty

Default Empty

What do you do with your empty bottles? Save them? Meticulously line all your old Guerlain Vetivers on a shelf?

I have been discarding mine - well, putting them in the recycling bin. If the UPS guy would ever get here, I might think about saving the Coriolan bottle. It is pictured as having a unique-looking stopper-type spray mechanism.

I'm not talking about the gold Guerlain bottles - I would consider dumpster diving for that. As long as the garbage was clean and free from any medical waste, anyhow. Or hire someone to jump in there. What do you do with your gold Guerlain bottle if you are fortunate enough to have one? Or more? Go to Paris with CedricEccentric for a refill at the La Maison Guerlain fountain, no doubt.

So, what do you do with your empties?

Default Re: Empty

I don't really know why but I keep all my empty bottles! except if it is one I already have. I must admit that I am running out of space in all the cupboards where I store them. Maybe I'm hoping that one day someone will want them and they will be worth something, but this could be wishful thinking on my part!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Unless they look particularly romantic, beautiful, sculptural or architectural, or I really like the color/theme/etc, I tend to get rid of most of my empty perfume bottles. I'm fairly fanatical about tossing stuff I don't need (which is good because my husband is sort of the opposite.) A few of them I display in the bathroom- but they are all of a blue/lavender theme (Lolita Lempicka, Bulgari BLV, Shalimar, Eau de Patou.) I plan on keeping my Trouble bottle because I got it before the snake disappeared off the cap and, I admit, I just love that square hunk of glass anyway.

If it's a fragrance I love dearly and know I'll be buying again, sometimes I'll keep the cap and the decorative box in case I happen to get a tester in that one. Then I'm prepared.
    Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment.
    - Lao Tzu

I just toss them, unless they are extraordinary.
    I do feel a twang of guilt.

I threw away my gold edt case for Jicky. It was ugly!

Keep most of the pretty ones , lined on a shelf ( but only one of each ). I never throw away limited editions's bottles and discontinued ones.

Post Thanks / Like

I was keeping every single bottle I have emptied, but ran out of hiding places. Now I throw everything away. Well, I had a garage sale last June and none of the empty bottles sold, and it was the start of saying adeu to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Artisankey
    If it's a fragrance I love dearly and know I'll be buying again, sometimes I'll keep the cap and the decorative box in case I happen to get a tester in that one. *Then I'm prepared.

Very smart. And I just ordered a tester to restock. Thanks for the timely advice.

I don't save any bottles unless they are the crystal pure parfum bottles.
    I just can't part with those.
    I have gone through 2 Angel body cream jars and I save those to put Angel powder in. You can buy refills and put them in there. MUCH less expensive!!

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by Concord
    I threw away my gold edt case for Jicky. It was ugly!
    Concord! Are you talking about that gold "shell" that houses the refill bottles? :'(

I've saved a couple of empty bottles for sentimental reasons. All I save now are caps and boxes (though I don't know where they are right now).