Code of Conduct
o

Default longing for Molto Missoni

Sometimes, all of a sudden I remember a perfume I used to wear once and I miss it dearly. One of them is Molto Missoni, a scent that absolutely nothing to do with discretion. After initial shock (what is that!) everyone who smelled it invariably learned to love it. And if I wanted to make a pass, all I had to do was wearing Molto Missone. Men came flocking. Why o why isn't it on the market anymore? I do have some replacements (Musc ravageur, l'heure bleu & shalimar), but o boy, this was the real stuff.

Also I miss Inouï by Shiseido. Great scent.

Ladylonestar

Default Re: longing for Molto Missoni

Greetings and welcome to Basenotes, Berengaria. I'm not familiar with Molto Missoni but it sounds like a good one! I know what it's like to remember and long for a lost fragrance. My longing for Faberge Aphrodisia led me to Long Lost Perfume. I've been wanting an oldie called Indian Summer (not Priscilla Presley's). La Nuit is the closest I've found to my olfactory memory of Indian Summer, and thank goodness La Nuit is still available.

Ladylonestar

Ever since your thread, Berengaria, I kept seeing "Molto Missoni" in my mind. I finally got some time this evening and got down a box of carded samples. And there it was -- Molto Missoni. This rolled-up piece of deep, rich colored paper holding a vial of Molto Missoni. I had two at one time but gave one away. Had I sampled it first, chances are I would not have given it away. Had I known it was discontinued, I definitely would not have given it away.

Molto Missoni should be re-launched immediately. This instant. It's a sexy, sultry ambery/spicy Oriental. Not to be disrespectful, and while I love Musc Ravageur, L'Heure Bleu and Shalimar, I wouldn't consider any of these substitutes for Molto Missoni. I would look more toward Tabu, MPG George Sand, Roma, Youth Dew, Keora, Coco, KL, and even Caesar's Woman. None of these are perfect matches, of course, but all are more along the lines of Molto Missoni IMHO.

I'd really like to have a bottle of Molto Missoni. And now I'm kind of hoping that Youth Dew Amber Nude will turn out something like Molto Missoni.

Dear ladylonestar,

You know such much more about perfume than I do, so your recommendations must be right. As far as Musc Ravageur et all are concerned: they work in the sensual department. I wear the aforementioned mostly at night, whereas during daytime I've got another repertoire: Mitsouko, Chamade (which you don't like I seem to remember), and une Rose de F. Malle. And some other stuff. Actually sometimes I swap night with day. Nothing more changeable then a woman's heart.

Of course nothing can replace Molto Missoni. Now there was a perfume with guts! They should put it on the market again! Missoni family, anybody listening?

Kind regards, Berengaria

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by Berengaria
    ... Chamade (which you don't like I seem to remember)...
    Egads, Berengaria! Bite your tongue! ;D I ADORE Chamade. I bought my first bottle of it back in... about... well, I won't say when but it took almost my whole paycheck way back then!

Molto Missoni is a beauty and I can see why you long for it. I just discovered it (thanks to your thread) and I'm kind of longing for it now, too. :'(

Please forgive me. I took you for somebody else.

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by Berengaria
    Please forgive me. I took you for somebody else.
    Oh, no problem! Think no more of it. I do good to remember what I like and don't like, let alone what others like and don't like.